• 1. Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey: $16 million 442 yards 2 tds
  • 2. Saints RB Alvin Kamara: $15 million 898 yards 4 tds
  • 2. Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott: $15 million 1002 yards 10tds
  • 4. Vikings RB Dalvin Cook: $12.6 million 1159 yards 6 tds
  • 5. Titans RB Derrick Henry: $12.5 million 937 yards 10tds
  • 6. Browns RB Nick Chubb: $12.2 million 1259 yards 8 tds
  • 7. Packers RB Aaron Jones: $12 million 799 yards 4tds
  • 7. Bengals QB Joe Mixon: $12 million 1205 yards 12 tds
thin addition many under that making 7-10mil also not high producers. so if zeke has nice year and restructures for 7mil around where Fournette and others are, why is that big deal?

And by the way, just showing average comp per year doesn't actually prove much. Henry's contract is way more favorable than Elliott's, for example. He signed a 4 year, $50 million contract but after two years, the Titans could cut him and save $9 million against the cap. The Cowboys don't have that luxury.

Your analysis is flawed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Simply answering the question “why is it such a big deal?”

No “hate” involved. Relax.
its not big deal when compared to other backs last year with similar salary's. Its not jones issue in sports many players get big contracts that are hard to live up too.

Big_D

Reaction score
No i showed comps that the jones are not the only one paying a rB and getting similar or worse bang for their buck., get over it TROLL...your troll eyes are deceiving you as you are only comparing zeke to old zeke and not to his CURRENT peers. zekes first 8 games 5.1 YPC and in top 3 as RB injury set him back not eroding skills. wake up hater.

it’s a useless list nitpicked for your convenience. Every RB is more dangerous and can score from anywhere. Henry is a million times better. No home run ability apparently doesn’t effect you? I said he’s a good RB , but that’s never good enough. You’re still trying to sell greatness and think 300 carries is the answer. That is a problem even if you can’t admit it.

ESisback

Reaction score
The media’s bread and butter:

1)Lebron fawning
2)Goat Boy and Rodgers
3)Dallas sucks
4)Trendiest current dumpster fire
5)Commercials

Rinse, repeat

ESisback

Reaction score
its not big deal when compared to other backs last year with similar salary's. Its not jones issue in sports many players get big contracts that are hard to live up too.

A player gets cut in Cleveland: zzzzzzz
A player gets cut in Dallas: CIRCUS!!

That’s my point.

blueblood70

Reaction score
it’s a useless list nitpicked for your convenience. Every RB is more dangerous and can score from anywhere. Henry is a million times better. No home run ability apparently doesn’t effect you? I said he’s a good RB , but that’s never good enough. You’re still trying to sell greatness and think 300 carries is the answer. That is a problem even if you can’t admit it.
No its not a milion times this is why we cant debate the exaggerations are priceless.. Henrys so much better his teams not in thr SB and Zeke still since 2016 same draft Zeke still has the most yards and scrimmage yards..,his YPC last year nearly the same,.. ES22 never truly had any home run ability and compared to barry, he looked like slug and yet hes in the HOF guys, what it took was carries homie, lots of them, with HOF coach, HOF lines, HOF QB, HOF Team etc etc put zeke on that team hes the same back..your blindness and nitpicking yourself has you hating on zeke..your comps are ridiculous. many backs during Emmit's career were faster, twitchier, and had better averages because of home runs but didn't do much in between but ES still #1 , why carries that who he was and not on zeke for them changing the offense etc

BTW these home runs got these faster new game backs where last year?? i just put them on the list..it didn't help their overall production much.

blueblood70

Reaction score

That’s my point.
no any player cut or signed is a Dallas story lol 6 degrees to dallas.. always a circus is not on Jones the Americas team thing has always been there. theres just 100times the saturation of media with advent of real time SM etc it just seems different, its not see North Dallas forty

Big_D

Reaction score
No different than the Dak deniers.The truth is they are both overpaid.The truth is they both have declined.In part because of The line decline in part because of toll on body. honestly Id love for both of them to ball out this year but it matters not to me if both are gone next year.It wont happen but neither are so valuable we cant move on from them although i think dak being a QB presents more value than zeke.

Some of you guys arguing so hard for Zeke though must be serious OSU homers. It was stupid to take him where we did in 16 and even dumber to double down and extend him early. That said Hes just one in a long list of dumb choiced by Booger!

That overvalue is part of the problem!

If you absolutely must have a RB at 4 then maybe don’t go LB in a wheelchair at 34. lol

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score

Mostly all true, but why is every back always “more dangerous”?

Big_D

Reaction score
No its not a milion times this is why we cant debate the exaggerations are priceless.. Henrys so much better his teams not in thr SB and Zeke still since 2016 same draft Zeke still has the most yards and scrimmage yards..,his YPC last year nearly the same,.. ES22 never truly had any home run ability and compared to barry, he looked like slug and yet hes in the HOF guys, what it took was carries homie, lots of them, with HOF coach, HOF lines, HOF QB, HOF Team etc etc put zeke on that team hes the same back..your blindness and nitpicking yourself has you hating on zeke..your comps are ridiculous. many backs during Emmit's career were faster, twitchier, and had better averages because of home runs but didn't do much in between but ES still #1 , why carries that who he was and not on zeke for them changing the offense etc

BTW these home runs got these faster new game backs where last year?? i just put them on the list..it didn't help their overall production much.

lol you continue to try to compare a RB with 1 60 yard run in 6 years. that is hilarious. Henry’s probably closing in on 15/20 TDS over 50 yards and you think this is the same thing. Emmitt was a home run hitter. EE isn’t close to either RB. You can continue to buy that garbage, it’s actually comical.

ESisback

Reaction score
no any player cut or signed is a Dallas story lol 6 degrees to dallas.. always a circus is not on Jones the Americas team thing has always been there. theres just 100times the saturation of media with advent of real time SM etc it just seems different, its not see North Dallas forty

It’s hard for me to grasp your point by what you typed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
lol you continue to try to compare a RB with 1 60 yard run in 6 years. that is hilarious. Henry’s probably closing in on 15/20 TDS over 50 yards and you think this is the same thing. Emmitt was a home run hitter. EE isn’t close to either RB. You can continue to buy that garbage, it’s actually comical.
Hes wasn't and is not,.,next

ESisback

Reaction score
the ability to score from anywhere.

So Zeke is the 32nd best RB? Lower? Are there backups that are better too? We suck, don’t we? Bad GM. clueless FO, fat puppet coach, old OL, mediocre QB, subpar WRs, overpaid TE, easiest schedule, worst division…why bother?

Sydla

Reaction score
At the end of the day, you see the homers trying to justify Jerry paying Zeke all this money. They try to rationalize why it's not a bad contract/decision because they struggle to admit the flaws in their favorite franchise.

But paying a TB that much, eating up that much for a TB, is just not smart cap management in today's NFL.

Big_D

Reaction score
So Zeke is the 32nd best RB? Lower? Are there backups that are better too? We suck, don’t we? Bad GM. clueless FO, fat puppet coach, old OL, mediocre QB, subpar WRs, overpaid TE, easiest schedule, worst division…why bother?

Again this is part of the problem. He’s an overvalued player at this point in his career. Some just won’t accept that. Pointing out that he shouldn’t be here next season is apparently frowned upon.

ESisback

Reaction score
Again this is part of the problem. He’s an overvalued player at this point in his career. Some just won’t accept that. Pointing out that he shouldn’t be here next season is apparently frowned upon.

Zeke IS overvalued. IMHO, they’re ALL overvalued. Certain truths: His first 4 or 5 years, he was top 5, but overpaid. With two years left on his contract, Jones made the mistake of WAY overpaying his extension. He’s on the decline, but still managed a 1,000 yards on a bad knee, behind a declining OL, so we can still prosper in 2022 if we use him right. Next year, I’d wager a big restructure.

Big_D

Reaction score
Zeke IS overvalued. IMHO, they’re ALL overvalued. Certain truths: His first 4 or 5 years, he was top 5, but overpaid. With two years left on his contract, Jones made the mistake of WAY overpaying his extension. He’s on the decline, but still managed a 1,000 yards on a bad knee, behind a declining OL, so we can still prosper in 2022 if we use him right. Next year, I’d wager a big restructure.

jmo but ‘using him right’ and any restructure at all is a problem cause that overvalue will just continue as far as touches are concerned. And I much rather start any search for a cheaper and fresher pair of legs making that transition to a committee. Prosper yes, not as a bell cow. You can bet that’s how it will go if he went elsewhere in 23.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Debating about a 27 year old RB with a lot of wear and tear on his body. I'll never understand the infatuation some get with RBs, they are so short lived in the NFL. We're not seeing another Smith in our lifetime, folks. Not gonna happen.

Zeke is nearing his end - even if he has a big year this year, it will most likely be his last. Nature of the position. Let him do what he can this year and send him packing and never consider taking an RB that high in the draft ever again.

starfan1

Reaction score

That’s my point.
I dont know i dont follow other teams as closely as Dallas my guess is there are fanbases similar to us in this aspect. Our fanbase issue is we are spolied. we had a bunch of success for an extended period now we havent for an extended period and irks some. We also have a young group that never got to experience the 70's and 90's that are impatient.

JMO