News: Zeke's swan song season

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pass protection from a running back is not blocking for the offensive line.

Learn football.
It is when you have to do it so often and ....there's a video in another thread? ... of him blocking TWO defensive players. WHAT the .....? Why do you have such a blind eye for football? While insulting others about it?

Zeke hatred., Hate makes you not think right.

We should watch Dak highlights...together....you'll get FURIOUS at how often I point out to you zeke having to take on big blocks. You'll probably even come back here and put me on ignore like cowboyroy did.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said in another thread here recently, Dallas had a top 10 defense in 92,93 and 95. The problem with Jerry all of these last 26 years is.. he spends too much money on the offensive side of the ball. And if you're not going to feed Zeke 320 plus carries a year, like they Emmitt, then there's no need in paying Zeke. They can use that money to build a top notch defense. Let's not forget defense wins championships is a popular saying for a reason. So if Moore is not going to feed Zeke, then why should Jerry pay him?

You can't have all pros at every position and that's especially true in the salary cap era. A GM has to look at an offense and decide which positions he can get by with, without having an all pro there. So here's my question to you....what positions is good, not great, good enough at? You are the GM, which positions do you not need an all pro at?

IIRC, the Patriots had a top ten defense every time they won a SB. But how many pro bowl RB's did they have all those years? And why would the Pats have one of the highest paid RB's in the league when they were a pass happy team?

So use him or lose him. But make a choice and stick with it.
Fully agree. If we just make zeke block instead of keeping a good o-line....it's a waste. (although I don;t agree that just any fullback # can block as well as zeke does.....we havent; seen that since Moose)
Our offense CAN help the defense....but we need a good balance...both in talent and finances.

erod

Reaction score
It is when you have to do it so often and ....there's a video in another thread? ... of him blocking TWO defensive players. WHAT the .....? Why do you have such a blind eye for football? While insulting others about it?

Zeke hatred., Hate makes you not think right.

We should watch Dak highlights...together....you'll get FURIOUS at how often I point out to you zeke having to take on big blocks. You'll probably even come back here and put me on ignore like cowboyroy did.
Emmitt picked up a million more blitzing linebackers and missed blocks than Zeke ever will.

Stop making excuses for this unprofessional, irresponsible, self-absorbed, lazy disappointment of a man and player.

erod

Reaction score
i'd bet noah brown fehoko brandon smith vasher malik davis aaron shampklin dowdle.
Not a chance. Zeke has lost two or three steps since he was a rookie, which is why his impact and production has gone down every year.

He's still useful for sure, but not a star player at all

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Emmitt picked up a million more blitzing linebackers and missed blocks than Zeke ever will.

Stop making excuses for this unprofessional, irresponsible, self-absorbed, lazy disappointment of a man and player.
So show me the proof.

Don't ask me to prove YOUR point. Prove it of shut your f face.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
come on bro...show us how emmitt blocked WAY more than Zeke.

You are a braggard coward. Acting like a big tough guy.....but you not only WON'T prove your claim...you can't. So you insult and attack.

I have seen your kind over and over. You act like your the biggest tough guy ever. Since you can't prove your claim you just jump right to dismissing insults. Like a little punk axe beech/

cowboyec

Reaction score
Not a chance. Zeke has lost two or three steps since he was a rookie, which is why his impact and production has gone down every year.

He's still useful for sure, but not a star player at all
no...he is not a star.
he has not been the same back post-suspension...although he looked better last season before the injury.
my point is...the way this front-office gushes about zeke...they don't sound like they are about to move on from him.
if anything...there will be a restructure.
but no way is this his last season.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL, Zeke has 4 years left on his contract. I don't think they need to extend him any further.
I didn't mean he would get his contract extended. Pay attention to the conversation. I mean his career as a Cowboy will be extended beyond this coming season.

erod

Reaction score
no...he is not a star.
he has not been the same back post-suspension...although he looked better last season before the injury.
my point is...the way this front-office gushes about zeke...they don't sound like they are about to move on from him.
if anything...there will be a restructure.
but no way is this his last season.
They gush to gain favor for negotiations, but it almost never works.

cowboyec

Reaction score
They gush to gain favor for negotiations, but it almost never works.
not with zeke.
this seems genuine.
if they ignored him like with demarco...or were openly critical like with cooop...his days would be numbered.
but they don't.
he'll restructure.

manster4ever

Reaction score
I think Zeke will get 1300+ yards in 2022. The Cowboys will want to restructure. If he says no, THEN they’ll cut him. They have the leverage.

Sounds about right....and that's why they structure the contract the way they did. But I won't shed any tears...he made his money and his bed. RB's have a short shelf life. He'll go to one more team and play a mediocre couple seasons and be done by 30. Smart cookie btw...get out with his health while he can.