News: Zeke's swan song season

Big_D

Reaction score
I dont know i dont follow other teams as closely as Dallas my guess is there are fanbases similar to us in this aspect. Our fanbase issue is we are spolied. we had a bunch of success for an extended period now we havent for an extended period and irks some. We also have a young group that never got to experience the 70's and 90's that are impatient.

JMO

what really irks people is the nepotism and incompetence. It’s not that they haven’t won, it’s that they are their own worst enemy on why they haven’t won. And it’s become a vicious cycle.

starfan1

Reaction score
what really irks people is the nepotism and incompetence. It’s not that they haven’t won, it’s that they are their own worst enemy on why they haven’t won. And it’s become a vicious cycle.
Well I won’t argue against that. Booger and son are pretty dumb annually but hey the team is in the best shape of their lives lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It bears mentioning that for all the "Zeke is slow" talk that he reportedly hit somewhere around 20.8 mph on one of his runs last season, I think the long one against Carolina. Ironically that is nearly the same top speed that is being touted as proof that Turpin is from another planet speed wise.. Go figure..

starfan1

Reaction score
It bears mentioning that for all the "Zeke is slow" talk that he reportedly hit somewhere around 20.8 mph on one of his runs last season, I think the long one against Carolina. Ironically that is nearly the same top speed that is being touted as proof that Turpin is from another planet speed wise.. Go figure..

:lmao2: reported by who the zeke worshippers association? LOL you know its one thing that weve had to listen to all the generational talent garbage that comes from zeke worshippers and the hes as good as emmitt smith but now we hear hes has been clocked as fast as Turpin. Man the legend keeps growing. The eye test says different!

RonnieT24

Reaction score

starfan1

Reaction score

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Ok when I see the type speed in a game in pads that this is talking bout I’ll believe it

article don’t say much but at a workout. I know zeke ran hurdles and was state champ or runner up in east st Louis area but that 10 years ago

I’ll believe it when I see it in a game in pads

No you won't.

You already saw it and you're still dug in..

starfan1

Reaction score
And another one..

Seems like Sports Illustrated and NextGen are "Zeke worshippers?"

Fair enough I stand corrected but you and I both know he’s nowhere near as fast as Turpin and speaking of dug in

Sydla

Reaction score
No you won't.

You already saw it and you're still dug in..

So you found one run in 4 years that made him look fast.

Anyone who sits there with a straight face and argues he's a game breaker is just being foolish. And if one is arguing that Zeke might be as fast as Turpin.............. LOL.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Fair enough I stand corrected but you and I both know he’s nowhere near as fast as Turpin

I would wager at the top end they're not as far apart as people might think. The difference of course is Turpin heats up a LOT faster. Which is why he blazes sub 4.3 in the 40 while Zeke probably sits somewhere in the mid 4.5s nowadays. But my guess is that if they lined up and run 100 meters They would not be separated by more than a stride or two. I could go into a long diatribe able the benefit of being 6 inches taller and having the longer stride working to Zeke's advantage over longer sprints but nobody cares about that..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So you found one run in 4 years that made him look fast.

Anyone who sits there with a straight face and argues he's a game breaker is just being foolish. And if one is arguing that Zeke might be as fast as Turpin.............. LOL.

Whether he's a game breaker was not the question. He doesn't have to be as fast as Turpin to be a game breaker. He wasn't as fast as Turpin in years 1-3 but he was still a game breaker. Emmitt was never as fast as either of them but managed to be a game breaker for most of his career. Speed is just one element of football.. Not the only element. And since the all time leading receiver was not a burner, and the all time leading rusher was not a burner.. maybe .. just maybe.. speed isn't really the most important element. Fast, slow or medium, Zeke's a good football player.. A lot of his lack of long runs the last several years can be attributed directly to two things.. 1) He seeks out contact early in games to try to "set the tone" and wear the defense down and has not looked to take it to the house near as much and 2) He sits out much of the 4th quarter when the defense has tired out and he normally would have been cashing in delivering those long runs in favor of Pollard.. If Zeke was still in the game at the end of some of those games when the defense has quit because the Cowboys are up 20+ I'm sure he would have more long runs and the coveted "splash plays" but the plan calls for those totes to go to Pollard. If Zeke's okay with it why would I not be?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And by the way, just showing average comp per year doesn't actually prove much. Henry's contract is way more favorable than Elliott's, for example. He signed a 4 year, $50 million contract but after two years, the Titans could cut him and save $9 million against the cap. The Cowboys don't have that luxury.

Your analysis is flawed.

You can see he has an agenda as he doenst even bother including things like receiving yards or TD's for Kamara in the passing game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would wager at the top end they're not as far apart as people might think. The difference of course is Turpin heats up a LOT faster. Which is why he blazes sub 4.3 in the 40 while Zeke probably sits somewhere in the mid 4.5s nowadays. But my guess is that if they lined up and run 100 meters They would not be separated by more than a stride or two. I could go into a long diatribe able the benefit of being 6 inches taller and having the longer stride working to Zeke's advantage over longer sprints but nobody cares about that..

You are so delusional its almost comical Turpin would be way in front.

Zeke is either in the high 4.5's or 4.6's. The other problem with Zeke is he lacks quickness in his cuts. He does a poor job of making people miss. doesnt have the moves. Doesnt have the speed to beat the LB or safety to the edge.

The bigger issue is that teams know this now and they stack the box knowing all he can really do is run up the middle. So now the ONE things he can do well running the ball is even harder than it was before. Unless the Oline is blowing open gaping holes in the middle, Zeke has nowhere to run. And since he doenst break a lot of tackles, he is limited again. And if he does happen to break a tackles he quickly gets caught from behind.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
its not big deal when compared to other backs last year with similar salary's. Its not jones issue in sports many players get big contracts that are hard to live up too.

Why are you not including receiving yards and TD's in any of your numbers? Your agenda is glaring.

Any RB can get yards with lots of carries. Guys like Aaron Jones share carries with other backs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No its not a milion times this is why we cant debate the exaggerations are priceless.. Henrys so much better his teams not in thr SB and Zeke still since 2016 same draft Zeke still has the most yards and scrimmage yards..,his YPC last year nearly the same,.. ES22 never truly had any home run ability and compared to barry, he looked like slug and yet hes in the HOF guys, what it took was carries homie, lots of them, with HOF coach, HOF lines, HOF QB, HOF Team etc etc put zeke on that team hes the same back..your blindness and nitpicking yourself has you hating on zeke..your comps are ridiculous. many backs during Emmit's career were faster, twitchier, and had better averages because of home runs but didn't do much in between but ES still #1 , why carries that who he was and not on zeke for them changing the offense etc

BTW these home runs got these faster new game backs where last year?? i just put them on the list..it didn't help their overall production much.

Buddy if you cant see the difference between Henry and Zeke, there is no hope for you.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke IS overvalued. IMHO, they’re ALL overvalued. Certain truths: His first 4 or 5 years, he was top 5, but overpaid. With two years left on his contract, Jones made the mistake of WAY overpaying his extension. He’s on the decline, but still managed a 1,000 yards on a bad knee, behind a declining OL, so we can still prosper in 2022 if we use him right. Next year, I’d wager a big restructure.

1000 yards is a joke over 17 games when you are given 230 carries. Its not how many carries you get, its what you do with the ones you are given.

Heck Derek Henry have 937 yards rushing in 7.5 games before he got injured and that was with EVERY defense keying on him and the run game with an average passing game and Oline in front of you. And honestly, that was a down year for Henry only averaging 4.3 ypc.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Debating about a 27 year old RB with a lot of wear and tear on his body. I'll never understand the infatuation some get with RBs, they are so short lived in the NFL. We're not seeing another Smith in our lifetime, folks. Not gonna happen.

Zeke is nearing his end - even if he has a big year this year, it will most likely be his last. Nature of the position. Let him do what he can this year and send him packing and never consider taking an RB that high in the draft ever again.

Not sure why this is so difficult to understand. These same types will be in love with the next RB we take next year anyway.