Signed by Cowboys Zimmer agrees to terms with Cowboys

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
If we signed those two, nobody would care WHO they hired. Problem is we won't sign anyone, and they hired some another dude who's been on his couch, with "fam" ties. Status quo. For me the bigger problem is that you know Jerry wants Zimmer as our next HC.

But yet a majority of people wanted them to hire a guy who was out of the league for nearly a decade…..and again disagree Zimmer won’t be our head coach

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We lose a lot of games in March with this front office’s grand plan of avoiding free agency.
I believe that has been the biggest thing holding back this team since it finally learned how to draft under Jerry. We spent years after Jimmy left devaluing the draft and ending up wasting picks on players like Shante Carver, Kavika Pittman, Solomon Page, David LaFleur ... and the list goes on and on. It took hiring Parcells for the Joneses to finally start taking the draft seriously (and that was still hit and miss for a while) instead of Jerry just believing he could throw money in free agency at problems. Essentially, Jerry was even then ignoring one area of roster-building (drafting well) and leaning too heavily on another (free agency). Now, he's just ignoring a different area.

Meanwhile, fans get caught up in this coach or that coach or this player or that player while the main problem is the front office. I guess they know we can't fix that one, so they hope that they'll change something. But whether it's Romo at quarterback or Dak, we're going to come up short if we don't fix our weak links. Same with the coaches. We want a great one to get us over the top, but the only way he can do that is by asserting his will and overcoming the Joneses' mind-set. Parcells is the closest we've had to a coach who could do that, at least since Jimmy.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
But yet a majority of people wanted them to hire a guy who was out of the league for nearly a decade…..and again disagree Zimmer won’t be our head coach
We'll see. Zimmer is the perfect HC for Jerry. And Zimmer was great, in another lifetime. Same people who like Zimmer didn't want Bill B. because his best days were behind him.

fivetwos

Reaction score
We have cap problems.

Don’t expect a lot of big FAs.

We have to keep our own first.
If we are going to have cap problems that prevent us from getting over the top, what was the point of the conservative plan all along?

Probably boils down to their plan being flawed. They can’t possibly draft well enough to make it work. Don’t try telling them that though.

Other than Bland, who besides the first rounders have been a significant contributor lately?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Zimmer is a middle of the road coach at his best. Now? I can't see him being better than what he's always been. In my view, Mike M is the placeholder for 2024. In 2025, Zimmer will be "elevated" by Jerry, and they will high five each other as they tell us how dang great the hire will be. Same song, same verse, same as the last.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Losing the two LBs hurt.

But DQ did the best he could.

LVE was more important than the #LVEHaters want to admit.
LVE wasnt at all actually. He was the only true MLB on the team since they refuse to draft them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought so, but many here were wanting quinn fired and glad he left ! lol
Quinn gave us a respectable defense,for the 1st time in decades. It wasnt the steel curtain, or like the old dallas defenses , but it was pretty good
against most teams, but did crumble once diggs and the LB got hurt ,and towards end of this season , when quinn may have found out he wasnt
going to be hc here and jerry was going to keep MM instead.

I really think Jones boys did something to piss quinn off, so no way was he coming back for 24, and I think he likes being in the east so he will
play dallas, and will go all out to beat dallas.
This doesn't seem very logical. It's not as if he left for a lateral move, he left for a head coaching gig. A promotion and more money. And, of course he will go all out to beat Dallas. He won't be thinking he will ease up on some opponents but try extra hard to beat Dallas. His job is to do the best he can to beat every team. .

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
You read that poll wrong. Many want Ryan over Zimmer because Zimmer sucks. Ryan isn't the choice for most of us. He was just a better pick than Zimmer. I don't want either, but between the two I'll take Ryan.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
You read that poll wrong. Many want Ryan over Zimmer because Zimmer sucks. Ryan isn't the choice for most of us. He was just a better pick than Zimmer. I don't want either, but between the two I'll take Ryan.

I didn’t read the poll wrong when in the poll risen had Ryan won it- which is exactly what I was talking about.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
He had how many years to get him better players? He failed here. Miserably. The late season collapses are much more the fault of the defense than the offense or special teams combined.
He isn't in charge of getting players, Jerry and Stephen is. He had to coach with what he already had. I don't think that Zimmer will do much. Not unless we get better players.

Carter

Reaction score
Another recycled coach thats prime is 20 years behind. Game has passed him long ago.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Did you look at Zimmer's defensive rankings here, in Cincinnati, and Minnesota to come to your conclusion?

Or are you just saying Zimmer sucks because he's not the guy you wanted them to hire?