ZONERS: Are you still SLEEPING?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Givincer;1800795 said:
If you were to say he has potential to be the Cowboys' greatest QB ever, I'd agree with you. But, at this point in time, he is not the Cowboys' greatest QB ever.
On the :money:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1799958 said:
ROMO is our BEST QB ever!

If you DISAGREED with me in the past (Hos, and ALL you other Zoners) this POST is for you!

PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR SELF--I am tired of telling you week after week!

If you still disagree WHO in the HECK would you trade ROMO for? :bang2:

Disappointed in some of you Zoners here in big Cibolo, Texas! :starspin

Be a Romo fan all you want, CC, but you're making a complete fool of yourself with this "best Cowboys' QB ever" garbage...

Romo's numbers are a reflection of the way the game has changed over the years, if either Aikman or Staubach had been in a similar environment, they would have put up similar numbers...

I love Tony, he's just FUN, as well as talented... but until he's accomplished what Staubach and Aikman did, over the course of a CAREER, he can't rightfully be mentioned in the same breath...

And frankly, it's kind of annoying, the way you keep on putting down people who point out this TRUTH to you... at this point, Tony Romo is a one hit wonder, needing to produce at this level over time to justify the comparisons you're making...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
silverbear;1801004 said:
Be a Romo fan all you want, CC, but you're making a complete fool of yourself with this "best Cowboys' QB ever" garbage...

Romo's numbers are a reflection of the way the game has changed over the years, if either Aikman or Staubach had been in a similar environment, they would have put up similar numbers...

I love Tony, he's just FUN, as well as talented... but until he's accomplished what Staubach and Aikman did, over the course of a CAREER, he can't rightfully be mentioned in the same breath...

And frankly, it's kind of annoying, the way you keep on putting down people who point out this TRUTH to you... at this point, Tony Romo is a one hit wonder, needing to produce at this level over time to justify the comparisons you're making...
I'm getting a little tired of it.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
We hit the "lottery" with Romo for sure....................

It's our turn..........it's the "even a broken clock is right once a day" thing. The Rams got Warner. The Pats hit it with Brady. Even Joe Montana as a lucky break for the Whiners given his college credentials.

Dallas is long overdue for a "once in a life-time" guy that nobody predicted out of Eastern Illinois. Good for us. The next one will come out of Northern Nebraska College of Linen or the University of New Jersey-Brunswick. Who knows?

No QB has brought this kind of expectations and excitement to Dallas since the Dodger. Even Aikmen, he took the traditional "long/hard' road that was given him. But he didn't come out of the chute the way this kid did.

Romo is going to win at least one SB before he's done. It's inevitable. Barring injury, he's a ROH guy if for no other reason than for instilling LIFE back into the Cowboys after the decade long slumber since the early '90's. We're going to look back on these days ten years from now the way we look back on the "Three Rings" period we look back on now.

These are good times again. Relish it and enjoy it. It's going to "last" for a few years too. And then, it'll be gone..............again. I, for one, can see the re-emergence of the Cowboys to their rightful throne atop the NFC where they belong.............in large part due to Romo. These are also the years where T.O. makes his Hall of Fame stand, Marion Barber becomes a household name, and Whitten rivals Novecheck as the best TE ever in Dallas.

At the very least, Romo will end up the THIRD best Cowboy QB EVER. And that isn't bad. Third and counting...................

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Let's face it....the things that he's doing, the records that are falling, the way that this team is riding HIM is VERY impressive. It's not like we are running to pass....it almost seems as though we are just throwing to throw. Pretty much just a "screw the run" mentality. What does he have? 5 losses or so in 21 games?

Just keep watching....we could be watching greatness develop before our very eyes....it's great to watch.

He keeps playing like this, he WILL be in the HoF, RoH, etc.....you can never predict SB's....otherwise Marino would have a ton of them, so to say that Romo would have to win 4 Superbowls to be considered better than Aikman someday or 3 of them to be considered better than Staubach is not a very accurate barometer. There's no way that I would say that all of the QB's to ever win the SB are automatically better than Marino or some of the other greats never to win it.

All that I am saying is that we could be seeing something very special develop before our very eyes and I am not going to miss it due to a concern about Aikman or Staubachs' status of where they "rank".

Undisputed

Reaction score
I don't care what anybody says. CrazyCowboy = Gold, and he lives up to his username. Love it.
:laugh2:

Roughneck

Reaction score
HardHittin'Witten;1801050 said:
I can honestly say that I think Romo is the best QB we've had since Troy.
What a load of crap.

You're just another Ryan Leaf hater, like everyone else on here.

:D

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
Roughneck;1801062 said:
What a load of crap.

You're just another Ryan Leaf hater, like everyone else on here.

:D

Ryan Leaf is barely below Romo, in my opinion. His pocket presence was amazing, I'll give you that, but he just didn't take enough chances. He needed to force more passes.

silverbear

Reaction score
Hostile;1801012 said:
I'm getting a little tired of it.

CrazyCowboy's one of my favorites in here, but every once in a while, he comes close to steppin' on my last nerve...

I forgive him because he so clearly loves the Cowboys with a passion... I'll cut anybody who can say that a lot of slack... I don't LIKE having to be critical of the guy, but in this instance, I really do figure he deserves it... I can only hope that he'll understand my criticisms are a mix of exasperation at him and affection for him...

silverbear

Reaction score
HardHittin'Witten;1801050 said:
I can honestly say that I think Romo is the best QB we've had since Troy.

Way to go out on a limb, there... LOL...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If you DISAGREED with me in the past (Hos, and ALL you other Zoners) this POST is for you!

HCD53.jpg

Get some help.

Little Jr

Reaction score

I'm 34 so I really cant compare him to Roger just because I was to young. But I'll take Romo everday of the week over Troy.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;1800673 said:

Please Hos, this is weak....you usually do better........try

67.5 million extension
creativity
smiling (never nervous)
Troy said last night that this offense is more explosive
Look at the women he dates.....

I sent an email to Channel 4 San Antonio Don Harris and he is considering doing a show on our new best QB EVER......Tony ROMO

I will let you guys know when it will one aired!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
silverbear;1801004 said:

silverbear,

I respect your opinion.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Givincer;1800795 said:
If you were to say he has potential to be the Cowboys' greatest QB ever, I'd agree with you. But, at this point in time, he is not the Cowboys' greatest QB ever.

Potential would be the BEST thing to say!

I get so excited some times and I posted this right after the fifth td pass ROMO threw!

Sorry guys, but I do feel ROMO is "potentially" our best ever qb!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1801414 said:
Please Hos, this is weak....you usually do better........try

67.5 million extension
creativity
smiling (never nervous)
Troy said last night that this offense is more explosive
Look at the women he dates.....

I sent an email to Channel 4 San Antonio Don Harris and he is considering doing a show on our new best QB EVER......Tony ROMO

I will let you guys know when it will one aired!
Let me ask you one question. Look at the stats below and tell me that this QB's stats absolutely make him the best QB in that team's History.

69.2% of passes completed
4717 yards passing
39 TDs vs. 11 INTs
110.9 QB rating

Now this one. Is he also the best QB in his team's History?

63.3% of passes completed
4278 yards passing
31 TDs vs. 10 INTs
97.6 QB rating

This one too. Is he the best in his team's History?

59.3% of passes completed
4338 yards passing
32 TDs to 12 INTs
92.3 QB rating

A simple yes or no for each QB will suffice. Yes, this is a test of your actual football knowledge.

Thank you.