ZONERS: Are you still SLEEPING?

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1801414 said:
Please Hos, this is weak....you usually do better........try

67.5 million extension

A function of the era, not a reflection of his ability compared to Roger or Troy... if they had played in this era, they would have been making that kind of money, too...

creativity

Yeah, Roger the Dodger never showed ANY "creativity"...

smiling (never nervous)

Oh, well that's different, then... I mean, EVERY Hall of Fame QB was marked by the ability to SMILE when they played...

You want "never nervous", you want the guy once called "Captain Comeback"... three guesses who that was... or maybe you want the quarterback who won more games in the 90s than any other quarterback of that era... I'd say winning more than any other QB of his time is an indication of some pretty steady nerves, wouldn't you??

Look at the women he dates.....

Again, a totally STUPID argument, when your assertion-- YOUR assertion-- is that Romo is best Cowboys QB ever...

Besides, I do seem to recall Troy dating some totally fine women in his day, too... the only time I ever hated him was when I learned he was goin' out with Janine Turner... but of course, the quality of the women dated is a pretty asinine criteria to drag into an argument over who's the best Cowboys' QB ever... if the argument is who's the loosest, most fun-loving QB ever, you MIGHT have a point, though I might be inclined to mention one Dandy Don Meredith as a serious in that category...

I sent an email to Channel 4 San Antonio Don Harris and he is considering doing a show on our new best QB EVER......Tony ROMO

I will let you guys know when it will one aired!

I'm sure that Harris was just sitting around, desperately hoping for ideas for a show, when he got your e-mail, and thought to himself "of course!!! Let's do a show about Tony Romo!!!"... I'll bet it never occurred to him, until you e-mailed him...

What pisses me off the most about your groupie-esque fawning over Romo is that it disrespects two great Cowboys quarterbacks, who accomplished what they did over the course of a CAREER, not over the course of 20-odd starts... you're not gonna dis Troy and Roger while I'm around, without provoking response... seems pretty strange for a guy who calls himself "CrazyCowboy" to run around dissing two Hall of Fame Cowboys quarterbacks that way...

Maybe 5 years from now, you can make that argument, and it will have some validity... but right now, that argument is nothing but a freakin' JOKE... this is of course reflected in the comical "arguments" you've just made in this post, trying to defend your ludicrous position...

silverbear

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1801435 said:
silverbear,

I respect your opinion.

I wish I could say I respected yours, man, but I can't... not this time...

Which doesn't change the fact that I still like ya... don't want you thinking any different... indeed, as confrontational as my posts have been in this thread, I have edited each because the first drafts were even more confrontational, more argumentative, more "in your face", and I didn't really want to do that to you...

I just want you to understand that I can like you, and still be kind of pissed off at what you're saying in this thread...

Why you wanna hate on Troy and Roger that way??

silverbear

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1801453 said:
Potential would be the BEST thing to say!

I get so excited some times and I posted this right after the fifth td pass ROMO threw!

Sorry guys, but I do feel ROMO is "potentially" our best ever qb!

That one little word makes ALL the difference... yes, if he keeps on playing the way he has, at some point in time this discussion might be entirely legitimate... he might eventually wind up making us all say he's the Cowboys' best QB ever...

Eventually, not now...

I kinda figured it was raw excitement that had you posting what you did, but unfortunately, your excitement came off as kind of arrogant and condescending... I was particularly bothered by the line that read "PLEASE EXPLAIN YOUR SELF--I am tired of telling you week after week!", that was downright rude... and I was thoroughly perplexed by a later line that read "Disappointed in some of you Zoners here in big Cibolo, Texas!", if only because I don't recall any of us being anything other than positive about Romo... even after the 5 int debacle up in Buffalo, the majority of posts were supportive...

Seems you were putting us down for criticisms that I don't remember reading...

silverbear

Reaction score
Givincer;1800795 said:
If you were to say he has potential to be the Cowboys' greatest QB ever, I'd agree with you. But, at this point in time, he is not the Cowboys' greatest QB ever.

Maybe CrazyCowboy should be saying Romo is having the best SEASON ever by a Cowboys QB... that much is undeniably true...

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
silverbear;1802581 said:
A function of the era, not a reflection of his ability compared to Roger or Troy... if they had played in this era, they would have been making that kind of money, too...

Yeah, Roger the Dodger never showed ANY "creativity"...

Oh, well that's different, then... I mean, EVERY Hall of Fame QB was marked by the ability to SMILE when they played...

You want "never nervous", you want the guy once called "Captain Comeback"... three guesses who that was... or maybe you want the quarterback who won more games in the 90s than any other quarterback of that era... I'd say winning more than any other QB of his time is an indication of some pretty steady nerves, wouldn't you??

Again, a totally STUPID argument, when your assertion-- YOUR assertion-- is that Romo is best Cowboys QB ever...

Besides, I do seem to recall Troy dating some totally fine women in his day, too... the only time I ever hated him was when I learned he was goin' out with Janine Turner... but of course, the quality of the women dated is a pretty asinine criteria to drag into an argument over who's the best Cowboys' QB ever... if the argument is who's the loosest, most fun-loving QB ever, you MIGHT have a point, though I might be inclined to mention one Dandy Don Meredith as a serious in that category...

I'm sure that Harris was just sitting around, desperately hoping for ideas for a show, when he got your e-mail, and thought to himself "of course!!! Let's do a show about Tony Romo!!!"... I'll bet it never occurred to him, until you e-mailed him...

What pisses me off the most about your groupie-esque fawning over Romo is that it disrespects two great Cowboys quarterbacks, who accomplished what they did over the course of a CAREER, not over the course of 20-odd starts... you're not gonna dis Troy and Roger while I'm around, without provoking response... seems pretty strange for a guy who calls himself "CrazyCowboy" to run around dissing two Hall of Fame Cowboys quarterbacks that way...

Maybe 5 years from now, you can make that argument, and it will have some validity... but right now, that argument is nothing but a freakin' JOKE... this is of course reflected in the comical "arguments" you've just made in this post, trying to defend your ludicrous position...

I PROMISE YOU ONE THING!

I NEVER intended to disrespect Roger or Troy who I love--so don't read to much into it and KEEP it fun please.

silverbear

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1802501 said:
Hos, you are right on and I agree with you......good job!

I need to post with less heart and more brain in the future!

Go Cowboys

No to the "less heart", that's what makes you who you are... but yes to the "more brain"... LOL...

Seriously, I think it was just in the way you worded what you said... I think you meant something closer to what we're all saying, it just came out kinda wrong...

So I have called off the home invasion I paid for... :D

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
silverbear;1802637 said:
No to the "less heart", that's what makes you who you are... but yes to the "more brain"... LOL...

Seriously, I think it was just in the way you worded what you said... I think you meant something closer to what we're all saying, it just came out kinda wrong...

So I have called off the home invasion I paid for... :D

I would agree with you on the above.......man, I just want to win this Super Bowl then I can show you some really STUPID comments!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Tony Romo can whip Chuck Norris's butt anyday, everyday!

:bang2:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;1802501 said:
Hos, you are right on and I agree with you......good job!

I need to post with less heart and more brain in the future!

Go Cowboys

Good read.

Crazy, this is why it's no fun to snipe at you or to throw snarky comments your way.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Idgit;1802677 said:
Good read.

Crazy, this is why it's no fun to snipe at you or to throw snarky comments your way.

Why is that?

Hos brought up valid comments.....I was wrong......these guys come with facts and I was not prepared for all of that.

I still believe ROMO is.........(not going to type it) ;-)

GTaylor

Gif Dude
Reaction score
silverbear;1802623 said:
Maybe CrazyCowboy should be saying Romo is having the best SEASON ever by a Cowboys QB... that much is undeniably true...
+1

There were those (I'm including myself) who had that fear that Romo would fall into the "Celebrity QB" trap or that last year was a fluke. If anyone is doubting him now I'd have to wonder what their argument is based on.

silverbear

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1802633 said:
I PROMISE YOU ONE THING!

I NEVER intended to disrespect Roger or Troy who I love--so don't read to much into it and KEEP it fun please.

I know that now, CC... but go back and reread what you wrote, and see if it doesn't come off as disrespectful to them...

This is why we talk, sometimes when we do we come to a clearer understand of what each other is trying to say... I'm glad in this case, I didn't like being semi-hostile towards you... now you're back to one of my favorite posters again, LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1802643 said:
I would agree with you on the above.......man, I just want to win this Super Bowl then I can show you some really STUPID comments!

I might well get pretty giddy with ya... as opposed to getting jiggy with it, LOL...

Seriously, diabetes or no diabetes, if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, I'm crackin' open this 60 dollar bottle of Patron anejo I've had for like 6 years now, and toasting my favorite football team... the only other way it might get cracked is if the Orioles were to win the World Series, but I don't think I'll see that in my lifetime...

Yes sir, within minutes of the final gun, announcing the Cowboys' victory over the Cheatriots, I'll be sippin' on some SMOOOOOOOTH tequila...

You might see some profoundly stupid posting then... :D

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
silverbear;1802717 said:
I know that now, CC... but go back and reread what you wrote, and see if it doesn't come off as disrespectful to them...

This is why we talk, sometimes when we do we come to a clearer understand of what each other is trying to say... I'm glad in this case, I didn't like being semi-hostile towards you... now you're back to one of my favorite posters again, LOL...

LOL.....I am not that good of a poster.....but you will know without a doubt if I disrespect a player or person......I leave no doubt.

I agree, I wrote a bunch of stuff that sounded bad and came off wrong.....for that I apologize....

Like the Cibolo comment I meant that for ONLY of myself.....I live in Cibolo but when I read it I thought what a dumb thing to put......:bang2:

silverbear

Reaction score
5Stars;1802671 said:
Tony Romo can whip Chuck Norris's butt anyday, everyday!

:bang2:

That's a given... but Chuck's old now... pretty soon, his roundhouse kicks will only be able to take out your kneecap...

silverbear

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1802691 said:
Why is that?

Hos brought up valid comments.....I was wrong......these guys come with facts and I was not prepared for all of that.

I still believe ROMO is.........(not going to type it) ;-)

Very, very good??

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
silverbear;1802722 said:
I might well get pretty giddy with ya... as opposed to getting jiggy with it, LOL...

Seriously, diabetes or no diabetes, if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl, I'm crackin' open this 60 dollar bottle of Patron anejo I've had for like 6 years now, and toasting my favorite football team... the only other way it might get cracked is if the Orioles were to win the World Series, but I don't think I'll see that in my lifetime...

Yes sir, within minutes of the final gun, announcing the Cowboys' victory over the Cheatriots, I'll be sippin' on some SMOOOOOOOTH tequila...

You might see some profoundly stupid posting then... :D

I am with you 110 percent......silverbear.....I will be drunk if we beat the PATS

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
chinch;1800799 said:
The kid's play is simply mind boggling (he had 5tds (4 thanks to butterfingers) against a premier DEFENSE in the league.

That was his first "drop" in like 5-6 games, .. and considering the record setting things he has done over those 5-6 games in terms of catches, yards, and touchdowns, that comment makes you look very narrow-minded, agenda-driven, and frankly, ... foolish.

silverbear

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1802729 said:
LOL.....I am not that good of a poster.....

You're one of the best, and best-liked, posters in here... you're what they call COLORFUL, and when we mock you, we do so playfully...

I agree, I wrote a bunch of stuff that sounded bad and came off wrong.....for that I apologize....

It's already forgotten, wild man... but hey, thanks for the post... LOL...