ZONERS: Are you still SLEEPING?

adamknite

Reaction score
Hostile;1801849 said:
Let me ask you one question. Look at the stats below and tell me that this QB's stats absolutely make him the best QB in that team's History.

69.2% of passes completed
4717 yards passing
39 TDs vs. 11 INTs
110.9 QB rating

Now this one. Is he also the best QB in his team's History?

63.3% of passes completed
4278 yards passing
31 TDs vs. 10 INTs
97.6 QB rating

This one too. Is he the best in his team's History?

59.3% of passes completed
4338 yards passing
32 TDs to 12 INTs
92.3 QB rating

A simple yes or no for each QB will suffice. Yes, this is a test of your actual football knowledge.

Thank you.

I think I know who two of those are right off, but I'll shut my mouth until you give the answers.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
=Hostile;1801849]Let me ask you one question. Look at the stats below and tell me that this QB's stats absolutely make him the best QB in that team's History.

4717 yards passing
39 TDs vs. 11 INTs
110.9 QB rating

No Sir......

Now this one. Is he also the best QB in his team's History?

4278 yards passing
31 TDs vs. 10 INTs
97.6 QB rating

No Sir......

This one too. Is he the best in his team's History?

4338 yards passing
32 TDs to 12 INTs
92.3 QB rating

No Sir.....

A simple yes or no for each QB will suffice. Yes, this is a test of your actual football knowledge.

Thank you.

Hos, don't misunderstand. I don't believe I am so knowledgeable or have more insight then any other Zoner. I just love the Cowboys! Also, I enjoy your insight. If you disagree with me, I respect that......I don't always agree with things I see you write in this forum but you do post interesting thoughts/ideas.

Honestly--up above I could not understand or figure out which QB's you are talking about for sure.

Here is the one I know (potentially-thanks fellow Zoner) is our Best QB ever.

QB 9 Romo, Tony TDS 33 INT 14 YDS 3,352 RTG 107.1 Dallas Cowboys
:star:

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1799958 said:
ROMO is our BEST QB ever!
No, not yet, not till he wins couple of SB.
CrazyCowboy;1801453 said:
Sorry guys, but I do feel ROMO is "potentially" our best ever qb!
Romo has the potential to be our best QB ever, that I could agree with.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
you can't just list superbowls, as then Marino is no good nor dan fouts.

stats too are just one indicator, not proof of anything. alot of mediocre QBs put up good stats in the right system.

most would agree Roger >>> Troy yet Rog's team lost two superbowls. Stat worshiping fans would indicate Troy is the superior QB, 3-0 in superbowls. The worst sort of stat worshiper could spin how danny white was a great QB. he wasn't. Stats don't account for intangibles or being a choke artist.

romo has everything plus the intangibles going except doing it over several years. every bit of potential that the only way it won't be reached is from injury.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Givincer;1800795 said:
If you were to say he has potential to be the Cowboys' greatest QB ever, I'd agree with you. But, at this point in time, he is not the Cowboys' greatest QB ever.

I will agree with that.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1801976 said:
No Sir......
That's good because you would be saying Daunte Culpepper is better than Fran Tarkenton.

CC said:
No Sir......
Again good, because you would be saying Jeff Garcia is better than both Steve Young and Joe Montana.

CC said:
No Sir.....
Once again, good, because this would be saying Scott Mitchell is better than Bobby Layne.

CC said:
Hos, don't misunderstand. I don't believe I am so knowledgeable or have more insight then any other Zoner. I just love the Cowboys! Also, I enjoy your insight. If you disagree with me, I respect that......I don't always agree with things I see you write in this forum but you do post interesting thoughts/ideas.
We all love the Cowboys and we're all excited. Somehow you think I'm not excited about Romo. That's just wrong.

CC said:
Honestly--up above I could not understand or figure out which QB's you are talking about for sure.
So, having said "no" to all the scenarios above, the question then is...can you not see the error of your current stance?

CC said:
Here is the one I know (potentially-thanks fellow Zoner) is our Best QB ever.

:star:
He is also potentially (at this point) a disappointment. Note, I am not saying he will be. However, all the gaudy passing stats in the world don't mean anything to me. I want titles. If he starts bringing those too then combined with his passing stats he can be called our "best ever" and I wouldn't shout anyone down. But if he only does it this year and then the rest of his career is way below this and doesn't deliver titles, then no way. It's way too soon to say he's our best ever.

Having the best passing season ever for a Cowboys QB? Oh yeah. I absolutely agree with that. He's also doing it in an offense geared to do it. I am thrilled with that BTW. I've wanted this for a long time.

I still say if you take Aikman, Staubach, and him in their primes and put them on the same team, he's not the starter, and probably not the primary backup either. How then is he better?

Football eras are different. You think Staubach and Aikman wouldn't have loved to lead this offense?

adamknite

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1801976 said:

I'm going to post my "answers" in white above the stats.

Duante Culpepper
4717 yards passing
39 TDs vs. 11 INTs
110.9 QB rating

Jeff Garcia
4278 yards passing
31 TDs vs. 10 INTs
97.6 QB rating

Scott Mitchell
4338 yards passing
32 TDs to 12 INTs
92.3 QB rating

Am I right? and if I am do I get a cookie?

Edit: Hos posted the answers.... hooray I was right...... do I get cookie?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
adamknite;1802046 said:
I'm going to post my "answers" in white above the stats.

Duante Culpepper
4717 yards passing
39 TDs vs. 11 INTs
110.9 QB rating

Jeff Garcia
4278 yards passing
31 TDs vs. 10 INTs
97.6 QB rating

Scott Mitchell
4338 yards passing
32 TDs to 12 INTs
92.3 QB rating

Am I right? and if I am do I get a cookie?

Edit: Hos posted the answers.... hooray I was right...... do I get cookie?
Nicely played.

adamknite

Reaction score
Hostile;1802057 said:
Nicely played.

That Scott Mitchell one was a good one. Just the right amount of Obscure to make it tough, but not obscure enough to make it "off the wall".

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
He has not won a Playoff Game yet.

He is not the best QB in Cowboys history.

I would also like to see how he plays towards the end of his career and when he doesn't have as many weapons.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1800998 said:
Romo is still in his first full year, calm down buddy...:rolleyes:

Give him time CC -until then stay with your one liners --its better on your blood pressure:laugh2:

superpunk

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1802101 said:
He has not won a Playoff Game yet.

He is not the best QB in Cowboys history.

I would also like to see how he plays towards the end of his career and when he doesn't have as many weapons.
Well, he'll never be without Witten, and probably not Barber. It's unlikely that he'll outlast (by much) most of the offensive line. The receivers will come, and even if they don't, watching him you can tell that he's not successful simply because he can chuck it to TO. His future performance might not reach the same heights, but I can't imagine a huge drop - I also can't imagine that Jerry would let his star sit on the roster without toys to go to. :D

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1799958 said:
ROMO is our BEST QB ever!

:starspin

wouldn't he have to finish his career to make that determination?

what is the relevant comparison after only 19 or so games with the completed careers of staubach, aikman, white, or meredith?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
seniorette;1802319 said:
All of this is very true.
BUT
Maybe he is referring to the fact that NONE of these guys ever dated JESSICA SIMPSON. Could that be his reasoning????
Romo was never married to Mrs. Staubach either. (I think her name is Marriane.)

Think Roger is jealous?

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
Hostile;1802354 said:
Romo was never married to Mrs. Staubach either. (I think her name is Marriane.)

Think Roger is jealous?

:laugh2:

I hope ten or eleven years from now, when we look back over Romo's career, that we can consider Tony to be Dallas' best QB ever. That would mean at least 4 more Super Bowl titles and about 15 to 20 more playoff games with Romo almost certainly a first ballot HOFer. Till then, we need to step back, take a breath, and enjoy the ride. Tony looks to be very special, but he is not the best Dallas QB.....yet;)

gbrittain

Reaction score
In Dallas only the rings count. If Tony Romo were the QB of any team that had never won the SuperBowl then you might have an argument.

Let Romo win a minimum of one SuperBowl then we will talk.

If Barry Sanders and Emmitt Smith played on the same team at the same time, Barry would have the better stats and Emmitt would still be the better RB.

Romo when it all said and could be one of the best QBs to ever play the game, but this book has many chapters to be written first.

I do hope when Romo retires this argument looks silly because he shattered every record and won four SuperBowls.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;1802044 said:
That's good because you would be saying Daunte Culpepper is better than Fran Tarkenton.

Again good, because you would be saying Jeff Garcia is better than both Steve Young and Joe Montana.

Once again, good, because this would be saying Scott Mitchell is better than Bobby Layne.

We all love the Cowboys and we're all excited. Somehow you think I'm not excited about Romo. That's just wrong.

So, having said "no" to all the scenarios above, the question then is...can you not see the error of your current stance?

He is also potentially (at this point) a disappointment. Note, I am not saying he will be. However, all the gaudy passing stats in the world don't mean anything to me. I want titles. If he starts bringing those too then combined with his passing stats he can be called our "best ever" and I wouldn't shout anyone down. But if he only does it this year and then the rest of his career is way below this and doesn't deliver titles, then no way. It's way too soon to say he's our best ever.

Having the best passing season ever for a Cowboys QB? Oh yeah. I absolutely agree with that. He's also doing it in an offense geared to do it. I am thrilled with that BTW. I've wanted this for a long time.

I still say if you take Aikman, Staubach, and him in their primes and put them on the same team, he's not the starter, and probably not the primary backup either. How then is he better?

Football eras are different. You think Staubach and Aikman wouldn't have loved to lead this offense?

Hos, you are right on and I agree with you......good job!

I need to post with less heart and more brain in the future!

Go Cowboys