ZONERS: Bob Lilly or Randy White?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

I got this from another post:

Mel Renfro: You are going to get me in trouble here. Oh boy. I think my favorite Cowboy was Don Meredith, who I think retired much too soon. Of course, Roger Staubach was probably second on the list because of his overall ability and leadership qualities and his scrambling ability. Lee Roy Jordan was the most dominant linebacker that we had. Tony Dorsett was the greatest runner that we ever had. And Bob Lilly, the greatest defensive lineman we ever had.

I know Bob Lilly was great, but, Randy White was a little bit better IMO. How wrong am I to think this way? Coach Landry said noone played harder then the Manster.

Who do you guys believe was the best?

If not Randy, then for sure he is one of the top 5 all time Cowboys.

My list :starspin

1. Randy White
2. Bob Lilly
3. Emmitt Smith
4. Roger Staubach
5. Troy Aikman

This top five will stand against any other list......agree? :starspin

joseephuss

Reaction score
I didn't get to see Lilly play, but I would put him over White. He rates higher than White all time on most lists that I have seen. He was bigger than the Manster. There is certainly nothing wrong with either player. It would be best to line them both up next to each other.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
From what I know about Lilly, he would be the best between the two.

Remember, if I am correct I believe Lilly never lifted weights because he was just built for football like he was...he was basically just a man that came to play the game, and he played it well.

Randy White is also a favorite of mine...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1569366 said:
Zoners:

I know Bob Lilly was great, but, Randy White was a little bit better IMO. How wrong am I to think this way? Coach Landry said noone played harder then the Manster.

1. Randy White
2. Bob Lilly
3. Emmitt Smith
4. Roger Staubach
5. Troy Aikman

I loved watching them both but I give the edge to Bob Lilly not by much but Lilly is and always will be the man or should I say Mr. Cowboy

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1569366 said:
Zoners:

1. Randy White
2. Bob Lilly
3. Emmitt Smith
4. Roger Staubach
5. Troy Aikman

Dear Mr. Bot::)

After long scientific and statistical analysis, I pick Randy White over Bob Lily, based on the comparison of surnames.

Also, Randy goes fishing and Bob takes pictures of . . . landscapes. Based on this, too, it is the Manster by a landslide.

My turn for a question:
Ginger or MaryAnn??????????

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love Randy White - he is an all-time great player but the nod goes to Lilly. Not an easy choice but, well, it's the right one. ;)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1569381 said:
This is like asking a mom which child do you love the most. LOL

If they were brothers from two different dads, the mom would pick Randy "Manster" White.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1569384 said:
If they were brothers from two different dads, the mom would pick Randy "Manster" White.

I'm sure she would say Bob "Mr. Cowboys Manster" White. :lmao2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;1569380 said:
Dear Mr. Bot::)

After long scientific and statistical analysis, I pick Randy White over Bob Lily, based on the comparison of surnames.

Also, Randy goes fishing and Bob takes pictures of . . . landscapes. Based on this, too, it is the Manster by a landslide.

My turn for a question:
Ginger or MaryAnn??????????

By the way MaryAnn. :lmao:

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
WOW, Hos hasn't replied to this yet... just WOW!

I saw White play and he was a beast, and I didn't get to see Lilly play because I was too young, but as the posts above mention...

I'd probably vote for Lilly due to what all I've heard through the years.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
I would have to go with Lilly.Just remember that in 1994,when the NFL was celebrating there 75th anniversary,Bob Lilly and Mean Joe Green were the defensive tackles on that all time team.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
lol, being stuck on an Island with "Lovey" and all that coin, is like stepping on a nail stuck on a fence post.

now Mary Anne....

never mind

Doomsday101

Reaction score
HighTechDave;1569407 said:
lol, being stuck on an Island with "Lovey" and all that coin, is like stepping on a nail stuck on a fence post.

now Mary Anne....

never mind

And yet the men never made a move on them, something wrong with those guys. :lmao2:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Flipping my 1859 Silver Dollar......Lilly=Heads White= tails.....Heads it is...LILLY