Zoners: BP will work deal with Mr. Jones

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile;1845840 said:
Julius Jones will be an Unrestricted Free Agent. How would we trade him if he is free to go anywhere he wants?

hos, you and your reality are killing the game!!! :cool:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1845815 said:
Zoners:

Mr. Jones will work out a deal with Parcells for the phins #1 pick.

BP loves draft picks and realizes that is exactly what the phins need most.

Mr. Jones is dying for the rights to Run DMC (MACFADDEN)

We will offer Big Bill our 2 #1 in 08 and our #2 in 09 plus JJ.

What do you Zoners think?:cool:

Burn in hell.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Jerrah loves the big splash. BP needs more picks and players to rebuild. It does make sense.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
I wouldn't be the least bit surrpised to see Jones and Parcells work out a deal for Miami's top spot. Parcells knows he needs lots of help, and what better way to get started than by picking up multiple picks in a trade with Dallas. Considering how Jones has already stated he wants players with "wow" factor/abilities, and since he also knows that he has a new stadium to soon fill, I imagine Jones' interest in McFadden may have just become even more tempting for Jones with Parcells in Miami.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
Knowing Jerry, he'll probably give away the entire draft and part of next years.

The closer we get the more he gives away. Does Joey Galloway ring a bell?

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
My guess is we trade our 2 #1's and Spears and Carpenter for Miami's #1. That way Parcells gets to start retooling their d in his image with "his" players and he gets multiple picks. We get the RB that Jerry wants and we move Ratliff over to DE and either Fergy comes back or we draft Red Bryant in the 2nd to take over at Nose along with Tank. We draft a 4th or 5th round ILB to replace Carp.

Not that I am for this idea, I would rather take Mendenhall, Stewart, or Jones in the first or Choice or Savage in the 3rd, but this would be my guess on what we are going to do.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
BlueStar II;1846195 said:
I wouldn't be the least bit surrpised to see Jones and Parcells work out a deal for Miami's top spot. Parcells knows he needs lots of help, and what better way to get started than by picking up multiple picks in a trade with Dallas. Considering how Jones has already stated he wants players with "wow" factor/abilities, and since he also knows that he has a new stadium to soon fill, I imagine Jones' interest in McFadden may have just become even more tempting for Jones with Parcells in Miami.

i'd be more inclined to say that those so infatuated with mcfadden will suddenly breathe hope into an almost dead dream now and continue to pummell the newsgroups with madden'esque type scenario's that still allow mcfadden to be a cowboy.

i don't care who is where and how in love they were with each other in the past. the cost to get the #1 overall pick is going to be way too damn high.

carpenter? parcells didn't use him while he was here. why would he trade for him when he gave him a shot and it went nowhere?

reality says: never happen.
dreamers say: perfect fit.

julius? is pacells now blind? can he not see julius' favorite hobby is to get as close to the backsides of our OL as he can and run into them for a yard or two? EVEN IF he was, jones is a FA - why would he sign a contract with us just to be traded to miami when he can walk up to parcells and work out his own deal *they* would be happy with? our gain isn't jones problem here.

reality says: never happen.
dreamers say: perfect fit.

now lets be real.

#1 pick = 3000 points.

#22 - a good spot for cleveland = 780
#31 - win superbowl or lose, last pick of the round = 600

so, 1380 points for 3000. WHY would any SANE person do that?

carpenter? yea, he's shown value for 20 points, so let's bump that up to oh heck, 1400.

we're 1/2 way there!!! you say next years pick? well, i'm sure miami/parcells sees we're a good team and are not likely to be much better than, oh heck, 22 cause that's a fun number.

2180. with 3 #1 picks and bobby carpenter, we're all the way to 2180 and only 820 points away now. if we give them the #1 AGAIN in 2 years, call it 22 again and give carpenter 20 more points to close the deal, we NOW can move up to #1.

so. we've spent 4 #1 picks and bobby carpenter, former #1, for a total of 5 #1 picks for mcfadden.

reality says: never happen
dreamers say: damn you iceberg....

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Kolemmitt;1846240 said:
My guess is we trade our 2 #1's and Spears and Carpenter for Miami's #1. That way Parcells gets to start retooling their d in his image with "his" players and he gets multiple picks. We get the RB that Jerry wants and we move Ratliff over to DE and either Fergy comes back or we draft Red Bryant in the 2nd to take over at Nose along with Tank. We draft a 4th or 5th round ILB to replace Carp.

Not that I am for this idea, I would rather take Mendenhall, Stewart, or Jones in the first or Choice or Savage in the 3rd, but this would be my guess on what we are going to do.

one day i'll figure out why we as fans can see our players have no value *to us* but are worth the world to *others*?

days like this make me want to find madden and kick him in the jimmies.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
iceberg;1846288 said:
one day i'll figure out why we as fans can see our players have no value *to us* but are worth the world to *others*?

Madden probably can't find his jimmies.......nevertheless, we all know that Jerry is a gambling man, but I agree with the post by Iceberg, there is no way Jerry will trade two 1sts and a first from next year to draft a RB. IMO, if Jerry does any trading for a RB, it will be for Felix Jones of who he can probably get in the 15-20 pick provided he doesn't decide to keep Julius Jones. Jerry has stated that he wants a "wow" player and IMO McFadden does not possess the "wow" player charecteristics that would transfer to the NFL. McFadden is no Adrian Peterson. IMO a "wow" player is someone like Hester so thus the "wow" player could be a WR with speed to replace Glenn like this kid:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wg5EQcXuD7k

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1846357 said:
Madden probably can't find his jimmies.......nevertheless, we all know that Jerry is a gambling man, but I agree with the post by Iceberg, there is no way Jerry will trade two 1sts and a first from next year to draft a RB. IMO, if Jerry does any trading for a RB, it will be for Felix Jones of who he can probably get in the 15-20 pick provided he doesn't decide to keep Julius Jones. Jerry has stated that he wants a "wow" player and IMO McFadden does not possess the "wow" player charecteristics that would transfer to the NFL. McFadden is no Adrian Peterson. IMO a "wow" player is someone like Hester so thus the "wow" player could be a WR with speed to replace Glenn like this kid:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wg5EQcXuD7k

i'll just kick in the general area till madden goes down in pain. then i'll feel we're even.

i know jones likes the splash. if this were jones of old i'd be more worried he'd do it. the funny part is, people say jones is an idiot and will never change. he changes, learns, hires real coaches now and with the help of parcells, has us on the right path again. yes, it took awhile - but since it did - why are some fans so hell-up-in-arms to blow it all on some "double or nothing!" gamble like 4+ 1st round picks for ONE FREAKING PLAYER?

hopefully jones has learned overall value and doesn't do it. people can play the parcells card all they want and sure, parcells is likely to trade down and get picks. but he's not going to sacrafice miami's position just to be good to jones.

i also agree on felix jones. he's pretty damn good himself. : )

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
iceberg;1846288 said:

I actually think Spears has alot of value to us and to any team wanting to build a 3-4 defense. This is just a position that we have a little depth. Obviously Parcells thinks he has value or else he would not have pushed for drafting him over Ware a few years back. Same goes for Carp. On the Bill Parcell's schedule of things Carp is just about ready to start and make an impact. On the point value chart you would have to grade those two as low first round picks for the math to add up. Parcells used mid to low first round picks on them when he drafted them just a few years ago. True, teams normally don't trade picks for players, but since they were his picks and they are still young it seems reasonable.

I have never played Madden, so I am not exactly sure what you are talking about. This just seems like a reasonable trade. I learned that in the NFL the silliest thing is to say NEVER when discussing anything reasonable or even unreasonable happening, esp. when it comes to the colorful characters of JJ and Parcells.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
iceberg;1846368 said:
i know jones likes the splash. if this were jones of old i'd be more worried he'd do it. the funny part is, people say jones is an idiot and will never change. he changes, learns, hires real coaches now and with the help of parcells, has us on the right path again. yes, it took awhile - but since it did - why are some fans so hell-up-in-arms to blow it all on some "double or nothing!" gamble like 4+ 1st round picks for ONE FREAKING PLAYER?

hopefully jones has learned overall value and doesn't do it. people can play the parcells card all they want and sure, parcells is likely to trade down and get picks. but he's not going to sacrafice miami's position just to be good to jones.

i also agree on felix jones. he's pretty damn good himself. : )

I am with you on this. I just posted a potential trade, but I would rather keep all of our picks and target one of the numerous solid running backs that are found in this draft, Jones being a very good one.

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Kolemmitt;1846412 said:
I actually think Spears has alot of value to us and to any team wanting to build a 3-4 defense. This is just a position that we have a little depth. Obviously Parcells thinks he has value or else he would not have pushed for drafting him over Ware a few years back. Same goes for Carp. On the Bill Parcell's schedule of things Carp is just about ready to start and make an impact. On the point value chart you would have to grade those two as low first round picks for the math to add up. Parcells used mid to low first round picks on them when he drafted them just a few years ago. True, teams normally don't trade picks for players, but since they were his picks and they are still young it seems reasonable.

I have never played Madden, so I am not exactly sure what you are talking about. This just seems like a reasonable trade. I learned that in the NFL the silliest thing is to say NEVER when discussing anything reasonable or even unreasonable happening, esp. when it comes to the colorful characters of JJ and Parcells.

:starspin You make good points, especially since Carpenter and Spears were both "Parcells" picks. Wouldn't surprise me if Carpenter may end up in Miami with Parcells after all, and as far as Spears goes...who knows.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Use Your Illusion;1846054 said:
I think that would be the worst trade in Cowboys history. Don't trade any picks and take Felix Jones in the second round.

I have a feeling that Felix Jones will sneak into the first. Folks will like him at the combine.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
JJ wasn't exactly glowing about Parcells when Wade came in. Why would BP want him, and why would JJ want to go *back* to being a robot...? i know he's still pretty robotic, but still.

Hell while we're at it, why don't we get BP to throw in Jason Taylor...

Our 2 1st rounders
Carp
Fasano
Spears

for

#1 pick
Jason Taylor

My Madden calculator says that Miami would do that deal. So it is written, so it is done.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
peplaw06;1846436 said:
JJ wasn't exactly glowing about Parcells when Wade came in. Why would BP want him, and why would JJ want to go *back* to being a robot...? i know he's still pretty robotic, but still.

Hell while we're at it, why don't we get BP to throw in Jason Taylor...

Our 2 1st rounders
Carp
Fasano
Spears

for

#1 pick
Jason Taylor

My Madden calculator says that Miami would do that deal. So it is written, so it is done.

Jones may be rethinking that statement since this is his worst season and his backup was just named to the Pro Bowl. :laugh2:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Bad, bad trade IMO. I would not do that. I just don't think McFadden is worth all that. Let the draft come to us a bit more and if McFadden is there, then trade for him but don't sell out to move up for a player who, IMO, is not Adrian Peterson. I know that many look at him and see that but honestly, I don't. We can get a nice back later if we are just patient. There are too many things we need, IMO, to sell out for McFadden.

We need a WR, a CB, a good ILB prospect and a complimentary RB out of this off season.

I would not do this trade.

dfense

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1845815 said:
Zoners:

Mr. Jones will work out a deal with Parcells for the phins #1 pick.

BP loves draft picks and realizes that is exactly what the phins need most.

Mr. Jones is dying for the rights to Run DMC (MACFADDEN)

We will offer Big Bill our 2 #1 in 08 and our #2 in 09 plus JJ.

What do you Zoners think?:cool:
I thought that to when I heard the news. throw in Carpenter while they're at it.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I have to laugh at this idea that Parcells covets Bobby Carpenter and he's good trade bait. Ugh, Parcells got a first hand look at how badly Bobby Carpenter sucked for a year. It's not like he was ranting and raving about him every day in training camp about how much he loved him some Bobby Carpenter. He was pretty much in Parcells' doghouse from Day 1 because he was so soft.