Zoners: Cowboys and Romo SU$K!

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2679987 said:
Zoners:
Not really......I have been to a partying and have drank just a little too much tonight.

Man, my Cowboys have pissed me off this year MORE then any others combined.

I need consuling from experts! This season hurts me bad! :bang2: And I am having a diffiucult time getting over it.

T.O. needed to go! And I was a big fan of him coming to Big D. :starspin

What are your true die hard (LOVE THE BOYS) fans doing to cope with this disappointing 08/09 season?

Any help is appreciated.

I am drinking much more then before.....but at age 48 the recovery time is killing my fat ***!

I still LOVE my Cowboys!

Taking an emotional break until Stephen Jones takes over because i've made up my mind that as long as Jerry is head honcho things will continue to be mega frustrating!

tunahelper

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2680414 said:
Lately--I would agree with you 100 percent.......it is tough being a Cowboys fan right now.....but, you still LOVE them regardless!

Go Cowboys!

I put the despair behind me and I am ready for the new season. The boy's will be underestimated this year and will suprise many. Keep up the good spirits!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2680435 said:
Felix Jones is the reason to be optimistic this year. He is going to be THE MAN!!!

You can also switch to MD 20/20 or rubbing alocohol. Easier on the wallet so you can still follow the Cowboys with ferver win or lose!

Dallas Nation, where boozing and disappointment go hand in hand since 1996!

MD 20/20....wow, now that is a blast from the past! :lmao2:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Royal Laegotti;2680505 said:
Taking an emotional break until Stephen Jones takes over because i've made up my mind that as long as Jerry is head honcho things will continue to be mega frustrating!

I like Mr. Jones, however Stephen is a genius and I really believe it will be even better when he is in charge.:)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Apollo Creed;2680436 said:
If there is one thing I've learned about football, you never know - a lot can change during the course of a season.

Parity.

Yes, you are so right and the Arizona Cards are proof in the pudding.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2680525 said:
I like Mr. Jones, however Stephen is a genius and I really believe it will be even better when he is in charge.:)

Better than 13 years with no playoff win?

I hope so.

WarC

Reaction score
Zoners: Cowboys and Romo SU$K!

Zoners:
Not really......I have been to a partying and have drank just a little too much tonight.

I LOL'd.

This is one of the greatest things I have read in the last few weeks.

Gotta love alcohol.

Keep the faith CC! Just gotta do what we always do, look ahead to the games and the season ahead and hope for better! Think about the glories of the past; they are an assurance of glory in the future, all we have to do is keep moving forward!

Theres always the next offseason, the next draft, the next training camp, the next roster, the next preseason, the next game...There is oppertunity in that! Think of the victories yet to come, the close victories and Romo comebacks, MBIII tearing the heart out of a defense in the 4th quarter or Roy W. catching that bomb down the sideline. Felix Jones has a few long TD runs up his sleeve, thats for sure!

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2679995 said:
Bull crap my friend!

I have been drinking since our last Super Bowl in 95/96 season.

Do you know how much I have spent on booze? :bang2: :bang2:

Someone has to be accountable.

Did someone jack your username and start typing longer than 20 words a response... That's lots of output coming from you crazy.
.:D

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Crazy,,, I have been a fan of yours since your first ever post and Ive always felt that there was some sort of symbiotic relationship with yourself and the "Zone".

Sometimes Alcohol is a good thing, no really, and in this instance it has brought out the real Crazy Cowboy.

Alcohol has a way of lowering your inhibitions, and letting you speak freely.

I always thought of you as a one liner type of guy, and there is nothing wrong at all with that, but I always felt that you were on the verge of a break out post, but just never went beyond the point of a sentence or two.

lol... you da man CC, you symbolize the true "current feeling of Cowboys Nation" almost a state of Cowboys Nation if you will, and I respect you for that my brotha!

Always stay the the same Crazy,,,, thats why we love you man...

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Zoners:

Man, my Cowboys have pissed me off this year MORE then any others combined.

I need consuling from experts! This season hurts me bad! :bang2: And I am having a diffiucult time getting over it.

T.O. needed to go! And I was a big fan of him coming to Big D. :starspin

What are your true die hard (LOVE THE BOYS) fans doing to cope with this disappointing 08/09 season?

Any help is appreciated.

I am drinking much more then before.....but at age 48 the recovery time is killing my fat ***!

I still LOVE my Cowboys!

I don't know you CC but i read alot of your posts and if i know one thing about you: that is you are honest in everything that you post. You are very emotional when it comes to being a cowboys fan.

See i can't help you by telling you we need this or that or this or that is the problem and we can fix is this or that way. I am not part of the team nor have i insight in the organisation. Every information i got is through the press or boards like these. But IMO these are no good sources when you have to figure out whats really wrong. That can be only done by participating.

But i will try to help you in a different way. What do you like about sports ? To me what makes me a sports fan is the honesty in it. You can't pay money to be the 100meter world record holder or to win a NFL championship. You have to work hard for it. And still then it takes some luck to accomplish it in the end. You can't really plan for it - you can of course but still there are areas you have no influence in.

What i want to say is i love the sport because it is honest. Because you have to work hard for it to achieve something. But the fact of honesty brings also something with it and that's uncertainty. It's like life you can't forcast the outcome of something. But that is what makes victory so sweet.

Of course with that comes also defeat and to live with that is also a part of sports. But now my question to you ? Would you like to have it the other way ? Knowing what to do to always win championships ? Maybe buying it like the Commanders trying to do ? If there were a certain formular how to win that wouldn't that destroy the meaning of sports for you ? To me it would.

So with knowing that i feel great that live gave me a present like sports. That i can enjoy the ups AND the downs. Whay ? Because it makes me feel alive. Because there is something that makes me tic and that's much more important then wining or losing. What would i do without it ?

Ok enough with that philosophical stuff. There is another point:
Look at our team. The last season was tough ? And why ? because we had a great team and we expected more. But it's not the time to be in low spirits. As i mentioned before. There are areas in sports you can't forcast.
Now we still have a great team. great players like DWare with promising talent for years to come. We have a good foundation of young coaches and we have a good Owner and a good staff around him. So it's not like this was the only season we will every have had a chance to compete. We can look in a bright future with alot of more years to come to have a chance for the championship. That alone is a great feeling don't you think?

Hope that helps (a little bit).

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I cope with the bad season with a very simple way of thinking. It's football, it's a game, and I'm not taking part in it so it really doesn't matter enough for me to be pissed off about a loss, or a bad season, beyond 3 seconds after said loss or said bad season.

Holding onto it any longer than that just seems very strange to me.

Wrangler87

Reaction score
I always though Crazy Cowboy was actually Jerry, testing the pulse of the fans.

You like the picture of Crazy Cowboy with an unidentified fan?

Nothing has changed in my mind. So you dusted off the Super Bowl trophy's (or thoughts of the trophys) huh? Hey CC, go dust off those SB trophys again.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Typhus;2680701 said:
Crazy,,, I have been a fan of yours since your first ever post and Ive always felt that there was some sort of symbiotic relationship with yourself and the "Zone".

Sometimes Alcohol is a good thing, no really, and in this instance it has brought out the real Crazy Cowboy.

Alcohol has a way of lowering your inhibitions, and letting you speak freely.

I always thought of you as a one liner type of guy, and there is nothing wrong at all with that, but I always felt that you were on the verge of a break out post, but just never went beyond the point of a sentence or two.

lol... you da man CC, you symbolize the true "current feeling of Cowboys Nation" almost a state of Cowboys Nation if you will, and I respect you for that my brotha!

Always stay the the same Crazy,,,, thats why we love you man...

You got it bud.....I will NEVER change!:star:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
TwentyOne;2680790 said:
I don't know you CC but i read alot of your posts and if i know one thing about you: that is you are honest in everything that you post. You are very emotional when it comes to being a cowboys fan.

See i can't help you by telling you we need this or that or this or that is the problem and we can fix is this or that way. I am not part of the team nor have i insight in the organisation. Every information i got is through the press or boards like these. But IMO these are no good sources when you have to figure out whats really wrong. That can be only done by participating.

But i will try to help you in a different way. What do you like about sports ? To me what makes me a sports fan is the honesty in it. You can't pay money to be the 100meter world record holder or to win a NFL championship. You have to work hard for it. And still then it takes some luck to accomplish it in the end. You can't really plan for it - you can of course but still there are areas you have no influence in.

What i want to say is i love the sport because it is honest. Because you have to work hard for it to achieve something. But the fact of honesty brings also something with it and that's uncertainty. It's like life you can't forcast the outcome of something. But that is what makes victory so sweet.

Of course with that comes also defeat and to live with that is also a part of sports. But now my question to you ? Would you like to have it the other way ? Knowing what to do to always win championships ? Maybe buying it like the Commanders trying to do ? If there were a certain formular how to win that wouldn't that destroy the meaning of sports for you ? To me it would.

So with knowing that i feel great that live gave me a present like sports. That i can enjoy the ups AND the downs. Whay ? Because it makes me feel alive. Because there is something that makes me tic and that's much more important then wining or losing. What would i do without it ?

Ok enough with that philosophical stuff. There is another point:
Look at our team. The last season was tough ? And why ? because we had a great team and we expected more. But it's not the time to be in low spirits. As i mentioned before. There are areas in sports you can't forcast.
Now we still have a great team. great players like DWare with promising talent for years to come. We have a good foundation of young coaches and we have a good Owner and a good staff around him. So it's not like this was the only season we will every have had a chance to compete. We can look in a bright future with alot of more years to come to have a chance for the championship. That alone is a great feeling don't you think?

Hope that helps (a little bit).
:bow:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
RoadRunner;2680392 said:
There is a LOT of koolaid, unrealistic, homerism in this thread, but thinking Flozell will get any better tops the list. He is the last of the cancers that needs to be surgically removed if this team really wants good chemistry.

This collection of players needs to earn the homerism and koolaid drinkers. They have underachieved like no other in team history, and they must prove that they are not chumps like they were last season.

Flozell played most of last year with one arm injured. I'll give you the false start problem, that irks me to no end, but to say he's not a good left tackle is wrong.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
CC, you want to know why to be optimistic, here is why.

I believe that we have plenty of "leaders" on this team Witten, Romo, Ware, ect. I don't think our problem last year was a lack of leaders or leadership, but a case of if you have to many "bad apples" (TO, Pacman, Tank) it makes it seem like a lack of leadership is the issue. Especially when most of the leaders on the team are not as much vocal leaders, and leaders that lead by example.

I do believe that Wade Phillips can be and is a good NFL coach, just that expectations were to high for the other teams that he has had. No, he has not won a playoff game yet, but he has now coached three different teams, and all three teams have made it to the playoffs. Two of the teams (Denver and Buffalo were NOT playoff teams when he inherited them). I do not believe the fact that he didn't win a playoff game with those teams is an indication that he can not win a playoff game but instead an indication that those teams were NOT good enough teams to win a playoff game.

As for the offense, I believe that we will have a more consistent offense this year than the last two years. While the offense may not be quite as potent, it will still be a very potent offense and be much more consistent. While Roy Williams will probably never post numbers like TO did in 2007, he has already proven in Detroit from 2004-2007, that he is more than capable of being a #1 WR in the NFL. I also believe that offenses are most dangerous when you don't have 1 or 2 guys getting all the catches, but instead several different guys all contributing. And while we do not have an ELITE WR on the roster this year, we have several guys who all bring alot of skills to the table and can all make plays catching the football (Roy, Witten, Crayton, Miles Austin, Bennett, Felix Jones), add to that what I believe will be one of the most dangerous running O's in football.

As for the defense, everywhere Wade Phillips has been in charge of the D, the D has been very good. And with all the talent we have on the defensive side of the football, and with him being in charge of the D from the start this year, not just taking over from Brian Stewart, I expect our defense to be even better than it was towards the end of last year.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2680435 said:
Felix Jones is the reason to be optimistic this year. He is going to be THE MAN!!!

You can also switch to MD 20/20 or rubbing alocohol. Easier on the wallet so you can still follow the Cowboys with ferver win or lose!

Dallas Nation, where boozing and disappointment go hand in hand since 1996!

Try some Cisco CC. You might lose a few brain cells in the process but it's dirt cheap. :)

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2679995 said:
Bull crap my friend!

I have been drinking since our last Super Bowl in 95/96 season.

Do you know how much I have spent on booze? :bang2: :bang2:

Someone has to be accountable.

You keep talking like that and Jerry Jones will raise beer prices at the concession stands. After all, he did promise that change is coming (from your pocket to his)! :laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep up these drunken fits CC...but don't go complaining or asking questions when you wake up walking bowlegged and the dog is looking at you with a gleam in his eye.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;2681086 said:
Keep up these drunken fits CC...but don't go complaining or asking questions when you wake up walking bowlegged and the dog is looking at you with a gleam in his eye.
And the snicker. You forgot to mention the snicker.

:muttley: <--snickering