Zoners: Cowboys and Romo SU$K!

AKATheRake

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2679993 said:
You are speaking like a fan with the glass half full....and I appreciate that!:starspin

However, comma, It has been since 1995 season since I can talk crap without lying about it.......

When are we going to win a playoff game?

Mr Jones has spent millions to improve this team.

What are we missing?

Quit BSing!

I think if we get a selfless, durable, extremely talented WR that is a vertical threat and runs very sharp routes to compliment Roy Williams physical leaping skill set that will be the first of a few fixes.

If we can get a good CB, Safety or NT with our first 3 picks we're doing good. OLB will be next especially if we let Ellis Go. So player wise that will get this team going with nice competitive depth that is young.

Brooking was a good signing. For the money so was Olshansky who will give us exactly what left in Canty and also DE insurance in case Spears is not with us next year because he wants an undeserved contract.

If we get a nose tackle like Dorrel Scott from Clemson who should be around with our first 3rd round pick he will be ready by 2010 and will be capable to speel Ratliff this year. A lot of first round grade corners out this year and some good value safeties for the 2nd round. So if 1 of the corners we like falls I think we should grab himfirst since we need another corner if Scandrick is going FS. FS depth can be had in FA or within the draft.

Now coaching and it needs to start with some serious training camps where there is competition and hunger a plenty. No more cupcake or marshmellow camps. Wade needs to hold players and assistant coaches accountable, especially since this is the last year of his current contract he needs to treat this like his final year and go for the gold. We need to see that at the OTA's on throught the season.

We've been relatively quiet with our mouths considering all the decisions that have been made the past month and that's good. The team is clearly focused on Football right now and that was the most important fix. So we're heading in the right direction. When Holt is released just before March 17 we need to take a serious look at him. Our WR corps is not very durable and other than Roy Williams hasn't proven anything against 1st and 2nd tier corners. We need to take Torry Holt seriously.

These are the things within reason I feel we could fix CC. Good to hear you're around buddy.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mperfection;2680140 said:
Sometimes the sheer force of truth will make you do things you otherwise wouldn't do, such as admitting this:

THAT is one cogent, coherent, and compelling piece of prose.
I probably got lucky. I guarantee you some will read it and roll their eyes.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
No matter how bleak it may seem always remember to believe my user name and you'll be alright? Hey, next year just might be our year!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chug - Chug - Chug - Chug

88155~beer-pong-posters.jpg

:jackpot: :beer2: :mchammer: :toast2: :jackpot: :dance3: :beer1: :showme: :dance:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
BlueStarEyes;2680241 said:
That's their problem if they do. It was a great post.
Thank you. :welcome: to The Zone and I hope you'll post more often.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2680006 said:
On a roll....lol.....I am hurting right now!

If you want to be more optimistic (I can't believe I'm saying that to CC:eek:) then consider this. Romo, Witten, Flozell and Felix Jones should be 100% healthy this year. Romo, Witten and Flozell were hurting all year long, and as you know Jones went on IR. Newman was injured again too.

Scandrick and Jenkins got valuable experience last year and looked good doing it. They should be even better this year. Tashard Choice proved that he can carry the load to give MBIII enough rest to be our 4th quarter closer again.

We play the AFC west this year which should result in at least 3 wins.

Edit: hopefully we'll also have McBriar back fully healthy and we have a new special teams coach. That and the the fact that Wade will be the DC from the beginning of the year this year.

I was as bummed as anyone about last season, but there were a lot of injuries and other circumstances that hopefully we won't have this year.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2680132 said:
two outta three aint bad.....(who wrote a song about that?)

give me an example of how/why/where/when RW11 is just as fast as T.O.

I DO NOT believe it....and challenge anyone to prove it.

who can compare their 40 yd dash times.

I am all EYES!

Meatloaf.

What was Roy Williams 40-yard dash time?

4.37-4.43

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_Roy_Williams_40-yard_dash_time&alreadyAsked=1

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2004/draft/players/47075.html

Terrel owens 40 yard dash time

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_Terrell_Owens_40-yard_dash_time

There ya have it, just as fast. Only .01 difference....

Speed aside, RW11 is closer to the likes of Michael Irvin than TO ever was.

Texan_Eph89

Reaction score
Lol, just eat something and drink some water before going to bed. It'll do wonders. You could also take vitamin A before drinking, it'll help break down the alcohol.

Texan_Eph89

Reaction score
CowboyFan74;2680275 said:
Meatloaf.

What was Roy Williams 40-yard dash time?

4.37-4.43

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_Roy_Williams_40-yard_dash_time&alreadyAsked=1

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2004/draft/players/47075.html

Terrel owens 40 yard dash time

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_Terrell_Owens_40-yard_dash_time

There ya have it, just as fast. Only .01 difference....

Speed aside, RW11 is closer to the likes of Michael Irvin than TO ever was.

T.O. is more agile and has better top end speed.
40 dash times aren't very helpful, even Roy will tell you he's a possession receiver.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can we sticky this thread for a bit?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
We have just as much talent as anybody in the NFC, so it is really wide open.

No reason to think we cant be a contender this year.

justbob

Just taking it easy
Reaction score
Can't believe I read the whole thing .. Great post Hos...Hope someone is around with the aspirin for CC...His head is going to be bad and what really concerns me is his fingers. They have never been thru this much abuse:)

RoadRunner

Reaction score
LeonDixson;2680262 said:
If you want to be more optimistic (I can't believe I'm saying that to CC:eek:) then consider this. Romo, Witten, Flozell and Felix Jones should be 100% healthy this year. Romo, Witten and Flozell were hurting all year long, and as you know Jones went on IR. Newman was injured again too.

Scandrick and Jenkins got valuable experience last year and looked good doing it. They should be even better this year. Tashard Choice proved that he can carry the load to give MBIII enough rest to be our 4th quarter closer again.

We play the AFC west this year which should result in at least 3 wins.

Edit: hopefully we'll also have McBriar back fully healthy and we have a new special teams coach. That and the the fact that Wade will be the DC from the beginning of the year this year.

I was as bummed as anyone about last season, but there were a lot of injuries and other circumstances that hopefully we won't have this year.

There is a LOT of koolaid, unrealistic, homerism in this thread, but thinking Flozell will get any better tops the list. He is the last of the cancers that needs to be surgically removed if this team really wants good chemistry.

This collection of players needs to earn the homerism and koolaid drinkers. They have underachieved like no other in team history, and they must prove that they are not chumps like they were last season.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2680216 said:
Dude you should limit your drinks... I'd hate to see your liver right now.

Actually, I DO NOT drink very often anymore........it is all good.

Just a little hung over this morning.

Go Cowboys!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
justbob;2680389 said:
Can't believe I read the whole thing .. Great post Hos...Hope someone is around with the aspirin for CC...His head is going to be bad and what really concerns me is his fingers. They have never been thru this much abuse:)

LOL......I feel great this morning .....thanks for the concern.......:lmao: