Zoners what is best way to beatdown Sheagles?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dear fellow Zoners--- all i care about as far as cowboys go is "this week" playing the Sheagles and how best to knock them on their b u t t s?

they have stout D-Line...and our O-line has played better...do we need more balance running game and passing game??....will we go conservative

Texas coast offense?.....Do we let Dak cut it loose like last game?...we know coaching or hope coaching does not want to be predictable?

what is best way to beatdown those women from Philly?....yes for one sunday we are women beaters

Pass2Run

Reaction score
By outscheming them. Getting the Cowboys' receivers open. And getting to Hurts, shutting down the passing game.

Blocking will help, of course. But they need to scheme to get their guys open. Even if they have to set them up.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Based off the Eagles season so far...

On Offense:
Teams have not done a lot of running against the Eagles this year, they have the lowest rush attempts against so far, but have been vulnerable through the air (16TDs given up, and only 4 Ints). But the Eagles passrush is very good despite their secondary being suspect, so the OLine will need to hold up the best they can and Dak will have to use his feet if/when the line breaks.​

On Defense:
I think it's a little bit simpler, Have good lane discipline in both the run and passing games. Don't give up too many yards on that ground and keep Hurts in the pocket. If Jalen gets outside the pocket, he can destroy you. But if you make him beat you with his arm because you are not letting him or the RB beat you on the ground, he can and will give the ball up.​

JMHO

starfan1

Reaction score
Our Ol play must get better! Our OC offensve scheme needs to feature more outside runs. Our DLine must get pressure and contain AJ Brown and if those things dont happen our QB must not revert to his deer in headlights version. He must play like he did against the rams

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I'd be as aggressive as can be on defense and try to force negative plays. You may get burned for a big gain or two....or three, but Philly is going to rack up some yardage one way or another and I'd rather get burnt a few times rather than play conservative and let them march down the field and burn clock/ wear out your defense in doing so. You simply have to create turnovers and/or rack up some sacks. You let them get into short yardage situations and they're just too good with the full playbook at their disposal.

Offensively I think you have to air it out, and this is probably the only opponent all year where I suggest that, but you have to lose the balanced approach for this one unless you get out to an early lead. Running 30+ times and mostly up the gut is going to be mostly wasted plays against that philly front.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Contain J. Hurts!!
This ^^^ and understand that when you approach this guy one handed attempted tackles DO NOT bring him to the ground.

Every time I've watched the Birds he makes a play in a critical situation after breaking from would-be tacklers and rolling to his right to complete a first down pass. Just seems to demoralize defenders as they stand with hands on hips wondering what the hell they have to do to get this guy.

On offense I think you gotta unleash the kraken. Let Dak throw. I get it, we want balance and ball control but if we're stubborn in attempting to do that, we're going to be very familiar with 2nd and nine.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Conan! What is best in life?"

Crush the Eagles' tush-push, see their offense driven off the field, and to hear the lamentations of their fans.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dear fellow Zoners--- all i care about as far as cowboys go is "this week" playing the Sheagles and how best to knock them on their b u t t s?

they have stout D-Line...and our O-line has played better...do we need more balance running game and passing game??....will we go conservative

Texas coast offense?.....Do we let Dak cut it loose like last game?...we know coaching or hope coaching does not want to be predictable?

what is best way to beatdown those women from Philly?....yes for one sunday we are women beaters
we will lose this game if we can't establish the run and stop the run plus keep jalen hurts in the pocket not let him kill us with his legs..... our big game issues have been not being able to runthe football on offense and then having. all those strcth runs, rpos and backs /qbs neatralizing our pass rush, by FAR been the issue in all the big games of late that we lost.

Mark

Reaction score
DAL has to be aggressive, and straight-up ball-out on these guys. Slamming Pollard into the line on every 1st down, playing 2nd & 10/2nd & 9 all evening, likely won't produce a happy result.

I hope they pick at that scab of a vulnerable PHI secondary. Of course, pass protection against a very good Eagles D-line is going to be key.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Score 24 points
What the NFL's number one POINTS stuffing defense do the rest.