Zoners what is best way to beatdown Sheagles?

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Match intensity form the beginning and treat the first Q like it’s the 4th. Philly is not a good team to go through the tentative feeling out process with. Cowboys need to be aggressive and not have Dak solely dumping off 5 yard safe passes. Don’t hope to win the game, take it!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Win in the trenches.
Yep.. but mainly we need all the guys to bring their A game. Dak, CeeDee, Cooks, Gallup, TP, the o-line, the d-line, Micah, the secondary, the STs.. all of 'em. We need McCarthy and Quinn to be on their game as well. If we see the Eagles are exploiting something on either side of the ball, take a damn time out, talk about it and make the necessary adjustment. The challenge flag spotter can't be asleep at the wheel either. If (more like when) the Eagles get awarded a catch that they didn't make or a fumble they didn't recover they need to be on the horn with McCarthy sooner than later. The timeout coach needs to be on point as well. If the refs wind the clock unexpectedly at the end of a half we need to know that and call the time out and not let 40 seconds run off the game clock unnecessarily.

KDM256

Reaction score
Offense- 1- Play action on first down, Don't become predictable in the play calling. Get a "X factor involved whether its Cooks, Ferguson or Gallup. Pollard off tackle

Defense- Force Hurts too roll to his left, Not nearly as accurate. Move Parsons around often, Tank has the show up this game

The Natural

Reaction score
You have to take them out of their element. They havent trailed against a good team all season long and they thrive in the front running role where they can control T.O.P. with the lead.

I’ve seen 3 “high stakes” games in the last two years with this team. The first meeting @ Philly last year, playoff loss @ SF and the loss @ SF a few weeks back. In none of these games did we get a complete, complementary effort from the team. That has to change Sunday, both sides of the ball need to show up with their best.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Offense: Attack the middle of the field, 10-15 yards past the LoS. Their LB's don't cover well. Get the TE's involved. Let Cooks stretch the field. CeeDee will be open, get him the ball. If our run game is stuffed early, don't be afraid to keep trying. If the run game just isn't working and MM decides to say screw it, then bombs away. It worked for Howell (even though they lost). Remember, Eagles don't blitz much, they prefer to get pressure from just their front four. Attack Bradberry, get a holding call or two on him.

Defense: Don't lose contain. Eagle receivers are excellent in contesting balls and working to the open spots on the field. If the defense lets Hurts run around, it will be trouble. Give help over the top on Brown. We have no one that can cover him one on one. Stuff the run early and often. I would blitz 35-40% of the time. Keep them off balance. Fight dirty to control the LoS.

Special teams: Eagles punter is very hot and cold. Coverage on kicks and punts is average. Their kicker from long range is excellent. Put the speed guys out there to return everything.

Intangibles: Hurts is, well, hurt, but will play. Hit him. Same for Jalen Carter. Jurgens may be back. Their safety, Blankenship, is still trying to find his way since being injured. Dak plays very well against the Eagles most of the time.

RS12

Reaction score
Get the lead early. This offense does not play well from behind. I expect bracket coverage on Cee Dee so one of the other WRs need to step up.

Dakota

Reaction score
Well maybe take the Tanya Harding rout and pay someone to break the legs of Hurts, Brown and Carter.

rambo2

Reaction score
Dear fellow Zoners--- all i care about as far as cowboys go is "this week" playing the Sheagles and how best to knock them on their b u t t s?

they have stout D-Line...and our O-line has played better...do we need more balance running game and passing game??....will we go conservative

Texas coast offense?.....Do we let Dak cut it loose like last game?...we know coaching or hope coaching does not want to be predictable?

what is best way to beatdown those women from Philly?....yes for one sunday we are women beaters
Knock Hurts out of the game.

Blackrain

Reaction score
You need a coach that can teach this team to be meaner than those evil pricks from Philadelphia

vlad

Reaction score
Dear fellow Zoners--- all i care about as far as cowboys go is "this week" playing the Sheagles and how best to knock them on their b u t t s?

they have stout D-Line...and our O-line has played better...do we need more balance running game and passing game??....will we go conservative

Texas coast offense?.....Do we let Dak cut it loose like last game?...we know coaching or hope coaching does not want to be predictable?

what is best way to beatdown those women from Philly?....yes for one sunday we are women beaters
turnovers and stopping the run is my guess - cuz they are uber talented across the board on offense.

I think every position group they have exceeds ours on that side.
Until last week I would have said they have a decided scheme advantage...no idea if last week was a fluke.