zrin's Mock draft

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Round 1 pick 27 - FS - Nate Allen

6-1 205 lbs

Play maker ..... smart ..... natural leader.

(maybe a reach .... but I do not care .... this kid is the leader we need.)

Round 2 pick 59 - WR - Brandon LaFell

6-3 211 lbs

Big Physical..... good hands ..... Quiet humble great blocker.

Round 3 pick 91 - OT - Ed Wang

6-5 315 lbs

Great foot work ..... sustain blocks on passing downs ...... Smart

Round 4 pick 126 - DT/NT - Mike Neal

6-4 300 lbs

In my opinion a Rat clone who is aggressive and strong.

Round 6 pick 206 - OG - Brandon Carter

6-6 330 lbs

Big and mean ..... good foot work ..... kind of a hothead in the mold of Colombo.

Round 7 pick 240 - WR/RB -Trindon Holliday

5-7 160 lbs

Speed ...... pure speed ...... Track Star ......Although listed as a running back, I see this kid as a little WR/KR. Has good hands and is a hard worker ..... he wants it.

Ok let me hear about it.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
It addresses most of our major needs, the picks seems slotted realistically, and the players seems like the type the Cowboys have been drafting of late.

Good work, buddy.

So....you like Wang? :D

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sasquatch;3326604 said:
It addresses most of our major needs, the picks seems slotted realistically, and the players seems like the type the Cowboys have been drafting of late.

Good work, buddy.

Agree with this...and yes...he loves the wang. :laugh1:

I remember being in Korea and my LT was working on the computer (back in the late 80's) and it was a wang computer.

So I go in and he is busy going at it and I said...Oh hey Sir, playing with the old wang again?
:laugh2:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I can't say I really like any of the picks outside of Nate Allen and perhaps Mike Neal, and I've obviously expressed my views on him as a 1st round pick.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Sasquatch;3326604 said:

Good work, buddy.

Thanks man ....

And yes .... if we draft him I will wear an I love Wang! Jersey.

:laugh2:

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
LSU wide receiver Brandon LaFell looking forward to visit with Cowboys
11:54 AM Wed, Mar 31, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer/Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips
LSU wide receiver Brandon LaFell will be getting on a plane today for a quick ride from Houston to Valley Ranch for a visit with the Cowboys.

He'll have his suit and tie ready.

"It's like you're going for a job interview, bringing you in, seeing what you're about," LaFell said. "Your appearance is the first thing they see so you've got to be clean cut with a suit and tie. That's how I'm going at it. It's my last chance to show these guys why I should be a first round or second round pick in their eyes."

LaFell, who grew up a Cowboys fan and trained in McKinney at the Michael Johnson Performance Center this winter, caught 63 passes for 929 yards and eight touchdowns last season, which tied for the most in the SEC. At 6-2, 211 pounds, he has the size the Cowboys like in wide outs. He ran a 4.55 40-yard dash at his pro day.

"You really can't base everything off a 40," LaFell said. "You've got to look at a guy's game film. If he's a 4.4 or a 4.3, that's good, but if he doesn't play at a 4.4 or a 4.3 then it doesn't matter."

Something to remember from a couple of years ago when factoring in the Cowboys' interest: Jason Garrett really liked Early Doucet, who went to Arizona in the third round. While not completely similar players, there could be something about LSU wide outs that catches Garrett's eye. I know Doucet hasn't broken out yet, but some of that is opportunity. With Anquan Boldin gone, I'm sure he will get more chances with the Cardinals in 2010.

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2010/03/lsu-wide-receiver-brandon-lafell-looking.html

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
zrinkill;3326594 said:
Round 1 pick 27 - FS - Nate Allen

6-1 205 lbs

Play maker ..... smart ..... natural leader.

(maybe a reach .... but I do not care .... this kid is the leader we need.)

Round 2 pick 59 - WR - Brandon LaFell

6-3 211 lbs

Big Physical..... good hands ..... Quiet humble great blocker.

Round 3 pick 91 - OT - Ed Wang

6-5 315 lbs

Great foot work ..... sustain blocks on passing downs ...... Smart

Round 4 pick 126 - DT/NT - Mike Neal

6-4 300 lbs

In my opinion a Rat clone who is aggressive and strong.

Round 6 pick 206 - OG - Brandon Carter

6-6 330 lbs

Big and mean ..... good foot work ..... kind of a hothead in the mold of Colombo.

Round 7 pick 240 - WR/RB -Trindon Holliday

5-7 160 lbs

Speed ...... pure speed ...... Track Star ......Although listed as a running back, I see this kid as a little WR/KR. Has good hands and is a hard worker ..... he wants it.

Ok let me hear about it.

I like your first 2, and your last pick, but I think you could have done a few things better

This is what I would have done, make a trade down, even if it is 2 to 3 spots down, to take nate allen. That should get you a 5th and 7th rounder.

Your 3rd, 4th and 6th rounder while it fits needs, possibly with alittle more homework on mock drafts, websites for mock drafts, you could have possibly gotten some players like Brandon Spikes who will fall due to his poor speed in 40, but he is a playmaker on defense. Also, for example Jason Fox will drop some due to his injury and lack of health with his heart condition, or another top OT that will fall some or a top OG.

I would also look at a way to get a McCluster or Dorin Dickerson to improve our offense in redzone and make mismatches against opposing defenses.

McCluster will go in 2nd round, Dickerson anywhere from 3rd to 4th.

Finally, 3 players out of 6 isnt bad, but look at some mocks on websites like nfl draft blitz, ourlads, draft tex, etc... Im not a big fan of Wang, lacks umph and size that the cowboys covet.

Your getting there though.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3326679 said:
I like your first 2, and your last pick, but I think you could have done a few things better

This is what I would have done, make a trade down, even if it is 2 to 3 spots down, to take nate allen. That should get you a 5th and 7th rounder.

Your 3rd, 4th and 6th rounder while it fits needs, possibly with alittle more homework on mock drafts, websites for mock drafts, you could have possibly gotten some players like Brandon Spikes who will fall due to his poor speed in 40, but he is a playmaker on defense. Also, for example Jason Fox will drop some due to his injury and lack of health with his heart condition, or another top OT that will fall some or a top OG.

I would also look at a way to get a McCluster or Dorin Dickerson to improve our offense in redzone and make mismatches against opposing defenses.

McCluster will go in 2nd round, Dickerson anywhere from 3rd to 4th.

Finally, 3 players out of 6 isnt bad, but look at some mocks on websites like nfl draft blitz, ourlads, draft tex, etc... Im not a big fan of Wang, lacks umph and size that the cowboys covet.

Your getting there though.

Yea ..... I was looking for smart guys or guys with a lot of passion and desire.

And I probably could have made some better picks with a little more research.

But Ed Wang and Mike Neal are pet cats of mine ..... and Brandon Carter is just a mean SOB.

I hate speculating trades because I have never seen a trade prediction come true.

Thanks for looking it over.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Alexander;3326722 said:
That is a bit of a stretch for Wang.

Thats what she said?

Ok now that thats out of the way.

I think Wang is not only a good player but also has a marketing aspect that Jerry would have to find enticing.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
zrinkill;3326727 said:
Thats what she said?

Ok now that thats out of the way.

I think Wang is not only a good player but also has a marketing aspect that Jerry would have to find enticing.
Because he's Asian?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Alexander;3326740 said:
Because he's Asian?

First Chinese American to play in the NFL.

His mother and father played for the Chinese Olympic team.

It may sound racist ...... but as a business man you cannot dismiss what happened in China when Yao Ming joined the Rockets.

Or how Argentina all became Spurs fans when Manu became a star.

But he is a great prospect ..... smart and pass blocks extremely well in college.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;3326663 said:
LSU wide receiver Brandon LaFell looking forward to visit with Cowboys
11:54 AM Wed, Mar 31, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer/Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips
LSU wide receiver Brandon LaFell will be getting on a plane today for a quick ride from Houston to Valley Ranch for a visit with the Cowboys.

He'll have his suit and tie ready.

"It's like you're going for a job interview, bringing you in, seeing what you're about," LaFell said. "Your appearance is the first thing they see so you've got to be clean cut with a suit and tie. That's how I'm going at it. It's my last chance to show these guys why I should be a first round or second round pick in their eyes."

LaFell, who grew up a Cowboys fan and trained in McKinney at the Michael Johnson Performance Center this winter, caught 63 passes for 929 yards and eight touchdowns last season, which tied for the most in the SEC. At 6-2, 211 pounds, he has the size the Cowboys like in wide outs. He ran a 4.55 40-yard dash at his pro day.

"You really can't base everything off a 40," LaFell said. "You've got to look at a guy's game film. If he's a 4.4 or a 4.3, that's good, but if he doesn't play at a 4.4 or a 4.3 then it doesn't matter."

Something to remember from a couple of years ago when factoring in the Cowboys' interest: Jason Garrett really liked Early Doucet, who went to Arizona in the third round. While not completely similar players, there could be something about LSU wide outs that catches Garrett's eye. I know Doucet hasn't broken out yet, but some of that is opportunity. With Anquan Boldin gone, I'm sure he will get more chances with the Cardinals in 2010.

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2010/03/lsu-wide-receiver-brandon-lafell-looking.html

Some guys still have some sense coming out of school.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
casmith07;3326782 said:
Some guys still have some sense coming out of school.

Yeah, gotta admit I love that about him.

I'm actually surprised everyone doesn't show up in a suit, or at the very least a shirt and tie. I can understand if finance is an issue for some, but your agent should be able to get you a damn suit.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
TheCount;3326798 said:
Yeah, gotta admit I love that about him.

I'm actually surprised everyone doesn't show up in a suit, or at the very least a shirt and tie. I can understand if finance is an issue for some, but your agent should be able to get you a damn suit.

One of the reasons I put him on my mock.

Quiet ...... humble ...... hard working .....

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3326819 said:
I honestly think it's the worst mock I've seen.

Lafell and Wang?

Dear god..

LaFell is good. What don't you like about him? The fact that he isn't 5'4 and runs a 4.2 40? Child plz. LaFell is good someone we need in Dallas. Not thrilled with Nate Allen at all especially not in the first.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3326830 said:
LaFell is good. What don't you like about him? The fact that he isn't 5'4 and runs a 4.2 40? Child plz. LaFell is good someone we need in Dallas. Not thrilled with Nate Allen at all especially not in the first.

The fact that he's ANOTHER slow possession reciever and brings zero contribution to the return game or coverage unit.

Other than that, ya. Great use of a 2nd rounder.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: