zrin's Mock draft

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3327313 said:
What about "war room" and "in the trenches"

that stuff always cracks me up.

Those ESPN and media dolts that call it the "war room" or the "battle in the trenches" wouldn't know combat if it hit them in the face with a ball peen hammer and let them know every day for two weeks leading up that it was coming.

Hostile;3327314 said:
It's a Japense thing.

:lmao2: still cracking up at "draft goru". Not sure how I missed "Japense" :laugh1:

DaBoys4Life searches Google:

34gr58p.png

"No, I meant JAPENSE. I'm a GORU." :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3327328 said:
Then why is there a war room?
Are you aware that the phrase does not necessarily have a military origin? It is the slang similar to the phrase "command center" or the word "headquarters" and has uses in politics and communications. It is a place of decision making.

Regardless, the phrase was ill fitting, awkward, and pretty much made you look a little silly. Whether you are better than him at the draft I guess is debatable. At turning a phrase...not so much.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Regardless, the phrase was ill fitting, awkward, and pretty much made you look a little silly. Whether you are better than him at the draft I guess is debatable. At turning a phrase...not so much.

Sounds like a poll

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3327407 said:
Are you aware that the phrase does not necessarily have a military origin? It is the slang similar to the phrase "command center" or the word "headquarters" and has uses in politics and communications. It is a place of decision making.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Hostile;3327407 said:

:laugh2:

gmoney112

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3327193 said:
I'm a draft goru and his mocks and opinions on the draft are poopoo. That make more sense for you?

I, for one, cannot understand why companies are not beating down your door for interviews!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hostile;3326905 said:
Not sure what I think about Wang.

Go watch the Senior Bowl again and you will not come away thinking he is third round worthy, I guarantee it.

Subsequent rounds, certainly. I just cannot imagine in any way he is among the top 100 players in this draft. Marketing opportunities to a billion Chinese or not.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Alexander;3327521 said:
Go watch the Senior Bowl again and you will not come away thinking he is third round worthy, I guarantee it.

Subsequent rounds, certainly. I just cannot imagine in any way he is among the top 100 players in this draft. Marketing opportunities to a billion Chinese or not.

Which round do you think he should land Alex? I like the kid so I am biased.

Aven8

Reaction score
Love the Brandon Carter pick in the 6th! You're right "in the mold of Colombo". Go back and watch the tape of him against Suh last year...he handled himself very good.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
zrinkill;3327523 said:
Which round do you think he should land Alex? I like the kid so I am biased.
4th or 5th seems fair. More than likely 5th. If he went in the 4th to Dallas and we had not addressed tackle to that point, you could do worse at his position. To me, he's third tier on the tackles. You have the Okung, Davis, Bulaga, Williams group, then the Campbell, Saffold, Brown, Veldheer cluster and he's with the third collection players like Capers, Calloway, Beadles, Washington and Newhouse.

Everything I have seen ranks him from 150-175 overall. That seems about right. He does come from Virginia Tech, so you know he has some special teams knack, so he would be worth it as a developmental tackle. I just think his footwork is rough and speed players give him trouble.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;3327407 said:

Just so that you can better undestand the phrase.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YearsTooEarly

The phase fits if I believe he has no business arguing the draft with me. You guys took it wrong. I misspelled some words. The war room thing was a joke. I believe this covers everything. So I hope that clears everything up.

@ Zrin you do realize that you linked him to the same websites?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3327592 said:

The phase fits if I believe he has no business arguing the draft with me. You guys took it wrong. I misspelled some words. The war room thing was a joke. I believe this covers everything. So I hope that clears everything up.

Regardless of the phrase, that just comes across as incredibly pompous for someone whose opinions are not among the most respected on this forum. In fact, yours generally get panned by a lot of people. He does too lately as he has decided that being a sour puss is manly.

You've got to earn your respect, you don't simply claim it.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

23j32w1.jpg

rmaxmaicon

Reaction score
ROUND 1 GUARANTEE: If Dez Bryant slips to the 20's, JJ makes a move for him unless M. Iupati or E. Thomas is still on board....
Dallas will get Dez Bryant, M. Iupati, E. Thomas, or M. Pouncey
GUARANTEED...MARK IT DOWN IN YOUR BOOKS......
NOW IF ALL THESE GUYS ARE GONE...DALLAS TRADES OUT OF 1ST ROUND

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score

Interesting, I had never heard the phrase before. Where did you pick it up?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
We only have 6 draft picks.

Why anyone thinks we're going to "make a move" to get anyone is beyond me.

I think the only way we make a move is if Iupati is at 25 or 26 and whoever is about to select him calls with a small deal.