News: 10 Worst NFC East contracts

Flamma

Reaction score
But you do understand that Bree, Rodgers and Peyton are going in the Hall because of their resumes right? Not because of talent?

You do understand Eli Manning sucks but he’s going into the Hall of Fame right?

If you want to be a smart *** at least defend your stance like one.

I agree with you 100%. And I'm hoping Eli doesn't get into the HOF. I don't put Eli in the same category as the others. Quarterbacks can get into the HOF without winning SBs. There are a good amount of them.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree with you 100%. And I'm hoping Eli doesn't get into the HOF. I don't put Eli in the same category as the others. Quarterbacks can get into the HOF without winning SBs. There are a good amount of them.

I wasn't much of a fan of Eli but I mean his stats back him up and he has 2 rings and he was a big reason why they got those rings. I've come to grips that there are just more reasons for why Eli is a Hall of Famer than why there isn't. I think we also forget....how many hall of famers did he play with throughout his career?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
At least a year for what? He's been here 5.

Do I need to give it another year for any other players entering year 6?

I think he sucks. I thought he sucked in college and nothing's changed in the NFL. That opinion seems to really bother you. While your opinion on him doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Who's the little girl again?
You also thought Wince was the second coming, so there’s that. His *** has your kisses all over it. I think we can say you’re not exactly great at evaluating QBs.

Flamma

Reaction score
I wasn't much of a fan of Eli but I mean his stats back him up and he has 2 rings and he was a big reason why they got those rings. I've come to grips that there are just more reasons for why Eli is a Hall of Famer than why there isn't. I think we also forget....how many hall of famers did he play with throughout his career?

It's my opinion that if the Giants don't win both of those Super Bowls Eli would not make the HOF. Think of any HOF QB. Montana, Marino, Elway, any of them. Can you pick out one fluke play and say, if that didn't happen, he wouldn't be in the HOF? Just one play. You can say that with Eli. That's what bothers me about him.

garyo1954

Reaction score

If 5 is a good amount then the QBs in the Hall of fame who never won a Super Bowl:

• Dan Marino
  • Fran Tarkenton
  • Dan Fouts
  • Warren Moon
  • Jim Kelly

Fouts and Moon never made it to the Super Bowl.

Flamma

Reaction score
If 5 is a good amount then the QBs in the Hall of fame who never won a Super Bowl:

• Dan Marino
  • Fran Tarkenton
  • Dan Fouts
  • Warren Moon
  • Jim Kelly

Fouts and Moon never made it to the Super Bowl.

It's a decent amount. Tell me, do you think Rodgers or Brees don't make the HOF if not for that one SB appearance? Of course super bowls help, they help a lot. But you can be good enough without them.

garyo1954

Reaction score
It's a decent amount. Tell me, do you think Rodgers or Brees don't make the HOF if not for that one SB appearance? Of course super bowls help, they help a lot. But you can be good enough without them.

Sort of changing the context now. You went from no SB to one SB.
As I mentioned there are only TWO (Fouts and Moon) who never made a SB appearance and are in the Hall.
That's a fact. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Flamma

Reaction score
Sort of changing the context now. You went from no SB to one SB.
As I mentioned there are only TWO (Fouts and Moon) who never made a SB appearance and are in the Hall.
That's a fact. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't have to correct a claim I never disputed. My point was you don't need to win a super bowl to be in the HOF as a QB. You pointed out 5. I then pointed to two others that don't need a SB on their record to be in the HOF. Is Sonny Jurgensen in the HOF? I'll have to check. But I don't believe he won anything.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's my opinion that if the Giants don't win both of those Super Bowls Eli would not make the HOF. Think of any HOF QB. Montana, Marino, Elway, any of them. Can you pick out one fluke play and say, if that didn't happen, he wouldn't be in the HOF? Just one play. You can say that with Eli. That's what bothers me about him.
You beat the Patriots twice in the Super Bowl. There ain’t that much fluke or luck on the world.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I’m sure it’s a fair article considering the source. No Jaylon Smith on the list is proof that this is a fraud article like everything Philly…

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
40 million a year for Prescott seals our doom for the next few years

1 whole playoff win in 5 years......let that sink in
not comparing the two, but Manning had 0 playoff wins in his first 6 years. did it seal Indy's doom?

and please explain how 40 M seals our doom. if you can't explain then you are nothing but a troll

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
At least a year for what? He's been here 5.

Do I need to give it another year for any other players entering year 6?

I think he sucks. I thought he sucked in college and nothing's changed in the NFL. That opinion seems to really bother you. While your opinion on him doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Who's the little girl again?
how is it that he sucks? explain....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Do you think because Dak has been paid as the 2nd highest paid QB ever that his skills will magically be that of the 2nd best QB ever? As if he is somehow in a lab being upgraded from the basic model to the premium model?

What does him playing under a new deal have to do with anything? Dak has proven so far that he is not worth that contract and that's the point of the article. I like Dak and I wanted him to sign, but absolutely nobody in their right mind thinks he's worth that contract. This team is clearly worse when we start trying to be pass first. Daks best years was his first 3 when Zeke was carrying the offense and Dak was playing game manager. That's when we went 13-3, 9-7, and 10-6.

If Dak played for Jacksonville and put up the exact same numbers there as he did in Dallas he would not have been offered that type of money. Dak is Kirk Cousins without the proven consistency of Cousins. Cousins every year will give you around 3,400 yards, around 30 TDs, and around 10 INTS. Dak has had ONE season so far like that. Do you believe Kirk is worth the money Dak was paid?
I will wait a couple of years when his contract is 10th highest and he plays like the top 7 QB and then we have a great deal...I mean if you base everything on play and contract ranking, then its fair. right?

and I quote you:
"What does him playing under a new deal have to do with anything?"

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He would still need post season success for me to be completely satisfied with it, but 14-3 would mean I at least had a lot of fun weeks throughout the season. I hope that if we go 14-3 that the success would carry over into the post season, unlike past years, if Dak can lead the team to that then they can pay him whatever he wants.

Wins are what matters to me most, not pretty stats.
but I am 100% sure if we do go 14-3 and find post season success, you will credit the coach, the OC, the WRs, the TEs, the OL, zeke, section 403 row D, the janitor, the security guards, and say Dak doesn't deserve it, anyone could have done it...

tell me I am wrong..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Paying any qb 40 million is just dumb. Don’t care if it’s mahomes. Guy loses two starting lineman and he turns into andy dalton and can’t score a Td in the biggest stage there is.

Qb’s need great players around them like everyone else. It’s an insult to the rest of the team to give a qb some 15-30% of the cap.
the difference is Mahomes got them to the superbowl...Dalton gets you to the toilet...maybe...

and its further proof that no QB does it alone, there is no superman QB.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The haters just love these negative threads. Just love them.
I find it funny that I have asked all of them, to provide their alternative better path...some plain say its not my job, I just don't like this one. some say Dalton (I love that the best), one person said we should have signed Brady and traded Dak.

its hilarious....and that's why they get labeled as haters...they have no other alternative they can think of that would be better than this...their only thing is "40M". and its going to stop us from building a team and when I even ask them how is it going to stop us from building a team, and there is silence or its not my job, and when I ask then why do you say 40M is going to stop us from building a team, there is silence or silly answers like he is 1-2 in the playoffs...or Philly game in 2019 or Jets game in 2019.....its very funny

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
A lot of Jaylons stats are as empty as can be.

Cowboys fans see through this because they watch the game. However, they can also totally ignore other empty stats for other players.

I think that Jaylon also just rubs people the wrong way with the way he celebrates everything he does, so it's easier to call him out on his empty numbers.
Jaylon's contract. now that was a really stupid one

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I will wait a couple of years when his contract is 10th highest and he plays like the top 7 QB and then we have a great deal...I mean if you base everything on play and contract ranking, then its fair. right?

and I quote you:
"What does him playing under a new deal have to do with anything?"
I welcome him to prove me wrong.

The thing is, it seems your opinions on Dak are concrete and set in stone, but mine can change if the success on the field warrants that.