105.3 speculating there was a scheme change prior to last week

CB61

Reaction score
Defense and Zeke.

The QB was along for the ride and played to the level that most average nfl starters could do if they were in our system.

If Dak wants to be a special player he needs to use his mobility. His arm talent won’t do much for him. Extending plays with his legs and either running or throwing will bring some much needed big plays to this offense.
The Seattle defense is still dangerous he is going to have to roll out and do some running to win this game I believe or at least keep the offense going down the field and showing up clock and then hopefully the defense shows up again

CB61

Reaction score
The Seattle defense is still dangerous he is going to have to roll out and do some running to win this game I believe or at least keep the offense going down the field and showing up clock and then hopefully the defense shows up again
Chewing up clock

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Linehan just doesn’t have much of a chance to make it to next season.

Dak trying to be Troy Aikman all year and ignoring his mobility is just 1 of the many reasons I’m ready for him to go.

Props to him for bringing a balanced attack to Garrett’s crappy offense but the pass game is still as big of a joke as it’s ever been and depends solely on talent.
I was under the impression that the curtailment or limiting of the #4's +plus factor of mobility/run, was from injury concerns having been beamed down from sky box command,,, we as fans have all seen what seems to be the most effective utilization with this fielded offense.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I doubt we tipped our hand in the nyg game regarding scheme and how we line-up Sat Night.
any "new wrinkles" will debut Sat Night.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we wont be able to slam the ball up the middle on Seattle. We have to pass.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'm seeing more about Garrett being involved with the game plan on Sunday, especially on Twitter.

Apparently having more plays happen in the middle of the field with Jarwin was a product of JG's influence.
If I am JG and I think my job is on the line, there is no way im leaving my job in the hands of someone else. I still dont understand why he isnt calling the plays himself...it was outside media pressure that took away that responsibility from him to begin with..... when the entire reason he got the job is he was the up and coming guru at that time.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Why don't you ever talk about the crap supporting cast that Dak had for much of the season?

OL in shambles
No WR for much of the season
No TE

Of course dak was awful for big portions of the season..but he also didn't have much help...

It's not a coincidence the moment he got a legit wr, his play improved
Not to mention the lack of sideline help.

Reactions: JBS

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Hope someone listened to more of it but yesterday at noon the GBag show said there’s whispers that Linehan didn’t put the whole game plan together last week like he had been

This morning Skin said there may have been a scheme change.

Found this interesting. Is Garrett doing more in the game plan side or would this be Sanjay?

I heard it live, it was Bryan Broaddus from DC.com who speculated. He said that he asked Garrett as he walked off the field in New York and got a non-answer.

I don't think he's right, by the way. I think what happened is the offensive staff made adjustments based upon 1) Zeke being out and 2) Giants' safeties moving over to the corners to double Cooper, leaving the the tight end open.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
I
Hope someone listened to more of it but yesterday at noon the GBag show said there’s whispers that Linehan didn’t put the whole game plan together last week like he had been

Found this interesting. Is Garrett doing more in the game plan side or would this be Sanjay?

I could only find it here on lawnation podcast

It's in the beginning

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

I think some of you are putting way to much into this. First off, on a short week the film most teams first look at and spend the most time on is the opponents last game. So maybe just maybe Linehan didn't want to give the seahawks more to look at. Yes they will look at other film but with 1 day less to prepare they won't be able to watch as much film as usual. Now the same will be true for the Cowboys. I'm sure both teams will look at the film from the first meeting this season too.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
You obviously don't remember those games

Now Philly is a bad team? Hahahah

I remember them clearly. Most teams with an average QB will have more than 6 points going into the 4th quarter against Atlanta's awful D (they give up . Similarly, most teams with an average QB would have had more than 13 and 9 points headed into the 4th quarter against the Eagles.

I remember Zeke being a monster in Philly, and Dallas only having 23 points against a depleted secondary at the end of regulation the 2nd game. The second game should have been a blowout.

Maybe you are trying to remember your concept of Philly as a team based on their current streak, and not how they were as a team on those specific occasions.

Several average QBs beat the Eagles this year.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
I dunno but Dak hadn’t broke the pocket that many times in a game in awhile and he was a different player for our offense because of it.

We need to put those legs to use because the arm is average at best.

This is what some of us has been trying to tell everyone... Change the Scheme and we will be 10x better on Offense

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Defense and Zeke.

The QB was along for the ride and played to the level that most average nfl starters could do if they were in our system.

If Dak wants to be a special player he needs to use his mobility. His arm talent won’t do much for him. Extending plays with his legs and either running or throwing will bring some much needed big plays to this offense.

So Dak had nothing to do with us turning our season around

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what some of us has been trying to tell everyone... Change the Scheme and we will be 10x better on Offense

Which would be amazing to think about, given that this scheme has had us in the top 5-10 in terms of offensive production for several years under Garrett.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Good enough for 16th in the league. Throw in at least 3 tds that were either dropped or bafooned (Olawale, Beasely, and Zeke stepping out) and suddenly he is tied with Rodgers. That is just off the top of my head.

(never mind the other 6 rushing tds...those don't count apparently)

Get em Ken

Reactions: Ken

Dre11

Reaction score

Lol....those guys on 105.3 the fan just spit stuff out, The gameplan was different because there was no Zeke and the plan was to put it on Dak's shoulder to go win. That was the plan going in. You guys want to bury Linehan so bad until you'll fix your mind to believe anything. They wanted Dak to throw last Sunday.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Who besides Cooper is different? BTW, the O-line was at its worst last week, so maybe they shouldn't get so much blame for the rest of the season.

The best thing I can see that improved was Dak rolling out and throwing on the run more often. Not only does he excel at this, but pass rushers are less likely to commit as strongly to rushing him when he does stay in the pocket.
Bingo on the last statement