2005 Commanders=2003 Cowboys

superpunk

Reaction score
wileedog said:
So why hasn't Gibbs just picked up Carter to complete the Quincy/Moss connection?

That would be far too obvious.

There are far bigger issues at stake here.

kartr

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Yawn...

How'd I know you'd come back w/that? Same ol tired, what he did in '03 and spot duty in '04 w/a blind-mice twist. Hell, I could've wrote it for you.
Really? Where's your boy playing this year, again? Afl, AFL2 or flag? ;)

So I should be impressed that Joey Harrington is backing up Culpepper or that Jeff Garcia is on a roster. There are several NFL qb's who Carter has winning records against(Garcia,Harrington,Patrick Ramsey,Shawn King,Josh McCown and yes, Drew Bledsoe). Plus Kyle Orton is still on a roster, Rex Grossman is on a roster and can't even last half a season. They expect me to be impressed with the Nfl's quarterback decisions because they have history of struggling with which qb's to draft. Ramsey,Harrington,Carr,Heath Shuler,Grossman,Ware,Akili Smith and more were drafted considerably higher than Carter, yet have failed to accomplish as much. The Nfl doesn't lend itself much credability with respect to the qb position, so your arguments are meaningless, futile and down right empty chatter.:D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
Typical. All style and no substance. Just what I'd expect from you, special effects without a good solid story to tell.
Oh, there's plenty of substance in my post. It's a fact that there are 120 professional QBs between the NFL and CFL who are more relevant right now to a football conversation than a guy no one wants.

I do have style though, don't I.

Derinyar

Reaction score
kartr said:
Can you really,the 2003 quarterback was legitimately good enough to get us to the playoffs with an udfa rb who virtually benched in favor of Adrian Murrell who was at home on his couch when the season began. Also, Parcells tried to trade for a legitimate rb 3 times during the season. The 2003 qb also set Cowboy passing records and helped Parcells get to the playoffs quicker than he ever had before, with a supposedly untalented team. Also, the 2003 qb helped the Jets get to the playoffs the next year while subbing for Pennington, did Vinny help the Jets get to the playoffs while subbing in 2003, no;did Bollinger,fieldler or Vinny help the Jets get to the playoffs in 2005 while subbing for Penny, no again;have the Cowboys got to the playoffs in the 2 years since Carters departure, despite all the upgrades, no again. What seems to be the missing ingredient from the Cowboys and Jets fortunes of late. Take that lady, I just handed you your head and both feet and am forcefeeding them to you.:laugh2:
The 2003 defense and its 16.3 ppg that it limited people to got us to the playoffs that year. The offense only managed 18.1 ppg. That was good for #21 in the league.

If we had the defense we had in 2004 in 2003 we would have been 5-11 for a third straight year. 25.3 ppg in 2004 on a team that had remarkably similar offensive stats.

Carter got lucky to be the primary QB for the team in a year that it had a stastical anomoly on defense. That season our team was just better defensively than in the years around it, over a field goal per game better than the years both before and after it. Theres the reason the team made the playoffs with a bunch of rejects on the offense, and yes that includes the QB whos out of the league and out of the CFL even.

We are in the same boat as the Skins right now, neither have a proven backup QB. We have a QB with a few more NFL snaps, but that doesn't really mean much. Why did the Skins trade up to get Campbell last year? I'd say its probably due to the way their orginization views draft picks. They don't put much value on them, which I have to agree with considering what they've gotten out of them since Danny took over.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
wileedog said:
So why hasn't Gibbs just picked up Carter to complete the Quincy/Moss connection?
A very valid question. I mean since he's already praised Gibbs for faith in Campbell.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kartr said:
So I should be impressed that Joey Harrington is backing up Culpepper or that Jeff Garcia is on a roster. There are several NFL qb's who Carter has winning records against(Garcia,Harrington,Patrick Ramsey,Shawn King,Josh McCown and yes, Drew Bledsoe). Plus Kyle Orton is still on a roster, Rex Grossman is on a roster and can't even last half a season. They expect me to be impressed with the Nfl's quarterback decisions because they have history of struggling with which qb's to draft. Ramsey,Harrington,Carr,Heath Shuler,Grossman,Ware,Akili Smith and more were drafted considerably higher than Carter, yet have failed to accomplish as much. The Nfl doesn't lend itself much credability with respect to the qb position, so your arguments are meaningless, futile and down right empty chatter.:D
pot, kettle, black..

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk said:
You're cracking me up, here.:lmao2:
I do my best.

I bet. Maybe then kartr will stop making you eat your legs.

Or something. :laugh2:
Right. Who knows what he meant w/that? Handed me my foot and fed it to me? Yeah, ok.

So when the Cowboys make it to the playoffs this year. Yeah I got that much faith. What's gonna be his arguments, then? Seeing as Carter won't be the last QB to "lead" the Cowboys to the playoffs... :rolleyes:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
You expect us to be impressed with a guy who can't hold a job? You've got credibility?

Actually the only credibility you have is that you did in fact win out over the box of rocks when the question was raised. Congrats on that BTW.

superpunk

Reaction score
kartr said:
So I should be impressed that Joey Harrington is backing up Culpepper or that Jeff Garcia is on a roster. There are several NFL qb's who Carter has winning records against(Garcia,Harrington,Patrick Ramsey,Shawn King,Josh McCown and yes, Drew Bledsoe). Plus Kyle Orton is still on a roster, Rex Grossman is on a roster and can't even last half a season. They expect me to be impressed with the Nfl's quarterback decisions because they have history of struggling with which qb's to draft. Ramsey,Harrington,Carr,Heath Shuler,Grossman,Ware,Akili Smith and more were drafted considerably higher than Carter, yet have failed to accomplish as much. The Nfl doesn't lend itself much credability with respect to the qb position, so your arguments are meaningless, futile and down right empty chatter.

I think I might actually respect you more if you came right out and said it, rather than prancing like a ballerina around it.

No I wouldn't.

If the leauge is so freakin _______then why do you back it? Shouldn't you be boycotting, or protesting in some manner? I know I would, if I felt that way.

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
....since Hos stole my smiley thunder...

Do you really want to attempt to change the universe? Is anything he said incorrect? Did your offense not, in fact, suck bad in the playoffs? You were a catch away from losing to Tampa Bay and couldn't beat Seattle without the league MVP.

This is the type of garbage logic we have to endure from you guys every day. You cite single game accomplishments against the Cowboys as if they mean jack. Tell ya what - get you and your bretheren to stop citing Moss's catches in week 2, Lloyd's game against us in week 3, and we'll stop bringing up the Skins single game failures. It's all equally relevant.

Deal?

heres what he said-

Originally Posted by RiggoForever
Doesn't being a fan of any team in the preseason presuppose having false hope, at least until the season has actually come to fruition? As far as I'm concerned everyones 0-0 to start the season, and I wouldn't call it having false hope when my team made it to the second round of the playoffs last year.

and here's the reply-

I went back and looked at the stats of that playoff win.... your offense SUCKED BAD!!!!!!!!:eek:

Better hope Brunell stays healthy!

i didnt see RF say anything about moss or lloyd. 1fisher brought it up. then you and hos went on your tirade that had nothing to do with the quote.

hell, hos said the same thing RF did just a little while ago. yet, 1fisher goes to some irrelavant silly post.

and, since you brought it up, at least the skins playoff performance was excusable (see 'adams, flozell') , unlike what moss or lloyd did.

1fisher seems to think that bringing up the skins playoff performance gets under Commanders fans skin, when all it does is make him look silly.

superpunk

Reaction score
riggo said:
i didnt see RF say anything about moss or lloyd. 1fisher brought it up. then you and hos went on your tirade that had nothing to do with the quote.

This is what you don't seem to understand. It's not a singular instance. It didn't even have anything to do with that quote. It has to do with you, and your fellow Skins fans coming on here with the logic and sense of entitlement from one measly sweep and one measly playoff victory, like we're supposed to give a crap. We don't, and we've been sick of hearing that moronic line of reasoning for a while now.

All I'm saying is, don't act all surprised, or indignant when you get some of that back, whether it's deserved or not. If you want to play that card, then I better see you chastise any new skins trolls that roll up jocking Moss, Lloyd, and the sweep like it means anything. Otherwise, just keep quiet when that bizarro world logic is returned in kind.

Riggoforever is awesome. Him, S&T, and Kevin, all good guys. The rant had nothing to do with them, or their posts, or ANY specific post. I think you're sharp enough to get that.

1fisher seems to think that bringing up the skins playoff performance gets under Commanders fans skin, when all it does is make him look silly.

Wow. Now you know what you guys look like when you circle jerk to a sweep and a playoff win. Mirrors are tough things to look into, sometimes.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
The 2003 quarterback wasn't legitimately good because he created TOO many turnovers. That's why he was cut the following year. ;) :)

See I can play that game, too. Sup Crankcase? :p:

I always love when WG slams someone, its beautiful

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
superpunk said:
pssssst....
7201.jpg

:hammer:

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Some of us may individually prefer one rivalry more than others, but collectively I just don't see the majority of cowboys fans truly obsessing over any one team like so many skins fan do.

i'm not sure about that. seems like there are many more skins topics here than any other team.

WG, you said this-

We just love tossing the Cowboys overall rich history of dominance in your faces, rather than a two-gamer every couple of seasons

after illone said this "Nobody is telling you guys to move over. We're enjoying the sweep while we can because it may be back to more of the same next year."

and then followed with this -

"Then enjoy the sweep in your own house."

did super or 1fisher steal your password? you admit you love to rub history in skins fans faces, then jump on illone for an innocent, humble comment that in context, acknowledged that dominance on the boys part. illone couldnt have been more gracious. you even bolded half his quote and left out 'while we can...' to make it seem like he was taking a shot. :confused:

what'd i miss?

1fisher

Reaction score
riggo said:
heres what he said-

Originally Posted by RiggoForever
Doesn't being a fan of any team in the preseason presuppose having false hope, at least until the season has actually come to fruition? As far as I'm concerned everyones 0-0 to start the season, and I wouldn't call it having false hope when my team made it to the second round of the playoffs last year.

and here's the reply-

hell, hos said the same thing RF did just a little while ago. yet, 1fisher goes to some irrelavant silly post.

and, since you brought it up, at least the skins playoff performance was excusable (see 'adams, flozell') , unlike what moss or lloyd did.

the post I was replying to spoke of your PLAYOFF WIN that you skins fans seem to be sooooo happy about.. quote "when my team made it to the second round of the playoffs last year.".. I merely pointed out the fact that you offense sucked in that game(S).... would you agree with that statement? And if you think that makes me look silly then that's ok with me! Your offense sucked bad!!!

superpunk

Reaction score
Do me a favor riggo.

Find some posts, using advanced search, where a Cowboys fan drops our dominance in a thread to a Commanders fan, with no provocation (i.e. said Skins fan droning on about the sweep).

Then do me a favor and search some early posts from new Skins fans that have joined this year, including yourself. Let's see how many of them rolled right in spewing nonsense about the sweep, or Moss, or Lloyd, rather than engage in actual, logical conversation.

Then, do a little research on the phrase "You give what you get".

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk said:
. It has to do with you,

not true. if i say it, quote it.

All I'm saying is, don't act all surprised, or indignant when you get some of that back, whether it's deserved or not.

if its not deserved, i will defend myself.

If you want to play that card, then I better see you chastise any new skins trolls that roll up jocking Moss, Lloyd, and the sweep like it means anything. Otherwise, just keep quiet when that bizarro world logic is returned in kind.

its a cowboys board- there are thousands of boys fans here that will rip wayward skins posters accordingly. still, i'll speak out against them if i disagree with them.

Riggoforever is awesome. Him, S&T, and Kevin, all good guys. The rant had nothing to do with them, or their posts, or ANY specific post. I think you're sharp enough to get that.

:confused: ummm....yes, it did. again, 1fisher quoted RF. thats what got the ball rolling. i believe i just quoted him in the very post you responded to.

if youre saying 1fishers response to RF had nothing to do with RF's post, then we agree.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
riggo said:
i'm not sure about that. seems like there are many more skins topics here than any other team.

WG, you said this-

after illone said this "Nobody is telling you guys to move over. We're enjoying the sweep while we can because it may be back to more of the same next year."

and then followed with this -

"Then enjoy the sweep in your own house."

did super or 1fisher steal your password? you admit you love to rub history in skins fans faces, then jump on illone for an innocent, humble comment that in context, acknowledged that dominance on the boys part. illone couldnt have been more gracious. you even bolded half his quote and left out 'while we can...' to make it seem like he was taking a shot. :confused:

what'd i miss?

Hey, riggo...you can always get lost if you don't like hearing what you don't want to hear! Understand? Go back to that garbage dump called ES! Your stinking up the place around here...

:dissskin: