2005 Commanders=2003 Cowboys

superpunk

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
That's where you're wrong. Hos has repeatedly pointed out that we swept the Eagles for the first time in years last year and you don't see any crowing about it on here. It's probably treated more as anomaly than anything significant in the overall scheme of things. I think we (cowboy fans) can all admit that the complete domination of the eagles in the first game was beautiful to watch...and the reactions of the fans to the outcome in the 2nd game is just hilarious. But it's not something we hold up, and say, "It's our time, now. Move over scrubs!"

Games still have to be played... :cool:

Bravo.

It would take an eternity to search through posts on here and find one single mention of our sweep of the Eagles last year giving us some sense of entitlement. They just don't exist. However, search any new Skins' fans posts, and you're sure to find some mention of Moss, Lloyd, the sweep, or other inconsequential tripe.

illone

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
That's where you're wrong. Hos has repeatedly pointed out that we swept the Eagles for the first time in years last year and you don't see any crowing about it on here. It's probably treated more as anomaly than anything significant in the overall scheme of things. I think we (cowboy fans) can all admit that the complete domination of the eagles in the first game was beautiful to watch...and the reactions of the fans to the outcome in the 2nd game is just hilarious. But it's not something we hold up, and say, "It's our time, now. Move over scrubs!"

Games still have to be played... :cool:

The Eagles/Cowboys rivalry is something a little different then the long standing Cowboys/Commanders rivalry, though. We swept them, too, but it just isn't the same because our franchises have so much more history and anxiety towards one another. If you can't admit that then I guess I'm living in the wrong reality. See, I'm under the notion that the Boys and Skins are one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports. Up there with the Yanks/Sox.

Nobody is telling you guys to move over. We're enjoying the sweep while we can because it may be back to more of the same next year. If you guys sweep us again then last season will be an even greater memory.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
illone said:
The Eagles/Cowboys rivalry is something a little different then the long standing Cowboys/Commanders rivalry, though. We swept them, too, but it just isn't the same because our franchises have so much more history and anxiety towards one another. If you can't admit that then I guess I'm living in the wrong reality. See, I'm under the notion that the Boys and Skins are one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports. Up there with the Yanks/Sox.
Guess that's where we differ. We enjoy the rivalries with all the teams in the NFC East. Some of us may individually prefer one rivalry more than others, but collectively I just don't see the majority of cowboys fans truly obsessing over any one team like so many skins fan do.

We just love tossing the Cowboys overall rich history of dominance in your faces, rather than a two-gamer every couple of seasons.
Nobody is telling you guys to move over. We're enjoying the sweep while we can because it may be back to more of the same next year. If you guys sweep us again then last season will be an even greater memory.
Then enjoy the sweep in your own house. All it will do is rile up our fans over here. When the second game ended, skins fans had their moment to shine on this board, even got a sticky. That time has ended.

We've moved on and are gearing up for the 2006 season.

1fisher

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Guess that's where we differ. We enjoy the rivalries with all the teams in the NFC East. Some of us may individually prefer one rivalry more than others, but collectively I just don't see the majority of cowboys fans truly obsessing over any one team like so many skins fan do.

We just love tossing the Cowboys overall rich history of dominance in your faces, rather than a two-gamer every couple of seasons.
Then enjoy the sweep in your own house. All it will do is rile up our fans over here. When the second game ended, skins fans had their moment to shine on this board, even got a sticky. That time has ended.

We've moved on and are gearing up for the 2006 season.

ditto what WG said.....

I like beating up on the skins but I like beating the crap out of the eagles and giants just as much! I guess it might be because of the butt kickings we've put on the skins over the past several years (save for the sweep).

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
illone said:

Not to us it isn't. Point blank, they owned us for years. Way worse than we owned you. Most of our games during our streak against you came down to the wire. There was a stretch of games where their average margin of victory over us was 28 points or more.

You go look at threads here about division rivals who are most hated. The Eagles dominated the hate, not the Skins. The polls would reverse now and it isn't because you swept us it's because Skins fans came here acting like jerks.

We swept the Eagles in 2005 for the first time in years and have 6700+ members here who are fans of the team holding that broom.

I'm graciously giving you 100 fans here and the sweep last year of us by you gets 10 times the play of our sweep of the Eagles.

Translation, it's overplayed and we're tiring of it to the point where good Commanders posters aren't liked because we're sick of the crap. You guys don't like the dog icon? Point the finger at the guilty parties who have made you have to endure that dog here. Your fellow Skins fans who showed up after 9/19/05 and got more leniency here than we should have allowed. Classless bunch of jerks is the nicest way to describe most of them.

I'll take my share of the blame for the way you're treated because I was part of the leniency they got.

Sometimes enough is enough. Crap rolls downhill. What can I tell you?

superpunk

Reaction score
I have more hatred for Donovan McNabb than the entire Commanders squad put together.

1fisher

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Not to us it isn't. Point blank, they owned us for years. Way worse than we owned you. Most of our games during our streak against you came down to the wire. There was a stretch of games where their average margin of victory overe us was 28 points or more.

You go look at threads here about division rivals who are most hated. The Eagles dominated the hate, not the Skins. The polls would reverse now and it isn't because you swept us it's because Skins fans came here acting like jerks.

We swept the Eagles in 2005 for the first time in years and have 6700+ members here who are fans of the team holding that broom.

I'm graciously giving you 100 fans here and the sweep last year of us by you gets 10 times the play of our sweep of the Eagles.

Translation, it's overplayed and we're tiring of it to the point where good Commanders posters aren't liked because we're sick of the crap. You guys don't like the dog icon? Point the finger at the guilty parties who have made you have to endure that dog here. Your fellow Skins fans who showed up after 9/19/05 and got more leniency here than we should have allowed. Classless bunch of jerks is the nicest way to describe most of them.

I'll take my share of the blame for the way you're treated because I was part of the leniency they got.

Sometimes enough is enough. Crap rolls downhill. What can I tell you?

:bow:

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
illone said:

Bwahaha, Right... right..right...

:redhomer:

kartr

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Plus, Campbell's got something else none of our QBs have...not even Bledsoe....

And what is that, a head coach who actually listens to his assistants instead of punching them out.

superpunk

Reaction score
kartr said:
And what is that, a head coach who actually listens to his assistants instead of punching them out.

Nah.....you're ice-cold. It's alot more personal than that.

kartr

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Based on what? Your word? Your opinion?

Until any of them prove it on the field that is a nonsensical statement.

Based upon the fact that he produced a 13-0 season in a top conference in recent memory. Everybody remembers who he played with and who he played against, can you say that about Henson or Romo. Also based upon the fact that his head coach believes in him, while Parcells is afraid to play either Romo or Henson, even when the season is virtually done or the game over. These are facts, not opinion.

kartr

Reaction score
wileedog said:
They were exposed the next year because Woody went down and the secondary went with him. GOing into the season with Hunter as the starter wasn't the best decision either, which only got worse when he was injured.

Plus Wiley actually wound up to be worse than Ekuban.

The 2003 defense wasn't very good at pressuring QBs, but the secondary was competant enough to hold its own. In 2004 with Tony Dixon at S and Fitzgerald or whatever other warm body they could find playing 2nd CB the whole thing fell apart.

So the fact that they were playing better offenses like Green Bay,Minnesota,Cincinatti,Pittsburgh,Seattle,etc. had nothing to do with it, huh.

wileedog

Reaction score
kartr said:
So the fact that they were playing better offenses like Green Bay,Minnesota,Cincinatti,Pittsburgh,Seattle,etc. had nothing to do with it, huh.

Not nearly as much as having half your secondary playing so poorly that they are not even in the NFL anymore, no.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
Based upon the fact that he produced a 13-0 season in a top conference in recent memory. Everybody remembers who he played with and who he played against, can you say that about Henson or Romo. Also based upon the fact that his head coach believes in him, while Parcells is afraid to play either Romo or Henson, even when the season is virtually done or the game over. These are facts, not opinion.
No, they're garbage excuses.

What do these names have in common with Campbell?

Josh Hueppel

Danny Wuerffel

Steve Walsh

Answer, all were QBs of major programs in killer conferences who had incredible won/loss records in college. What did this mean for their NFL careers? Not a damn thing.

His Head Coach believes in him but Parcells doesn't believe in our backups huh? That's rich. Know what you're talking about before you open your festering gob. One of our backups has an NFL start, meaning at one time or another Parcells has played him in a game.

Here's a link to Campbell's career stats in the NFL.

Link

Anything jump out at you? Look closely at how much of a chance this coach who has faith in him has played him.

Your agenda is so transparent that glass is jealous.

Don't try and tell me Campbell was a rookie and that's why he hasn't played. Henson was a rookie too when Parcells played him. Yeah krankcase, I'm way ahead of you on the ways you can try and spin control nonsense.

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Here's a link to Campbell's career stats in the NFL.

Link

Anything jump out at you?

pssssst....
7201.jpg

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
kartr said:

When did St. Gibbs play Cambell?

Man, you need to stay out QC's, err, Crankcase's stash, bro!

By the way, where is that junkie nowadays? Tell him 'Howdy" for us, OK, kartr?

:star:

kartr

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
The 2003 quarterback wasn't legitimately good because he created TOO many turnovers. That's why he was cut the following year. ;) :)

See I can play that game, too. Sup Crankcase? :p:

Can you really,the 2003 quarterback was legitimately good enough to get us to the playoffs with an udfa rb who virtually benched in favor of Adrian Murrell who was at home on his couch when the season began. Also, Parcells tried to trade for a legitimate rb 3 times during the season. The 2003 qb also set Cowboy passing records and helped Parcells get to the playoffs quicker than he ever had before, with a supposedly untalented team. Also, the 2003 qb helped the Jets get to the playoffs the next year while subbing for Pennington, did Vinny help the Jets get to the playoffs while subbing in 2003, no;did Bollinger,fieldler or Vinny help the Jets get to the playoffs in 2005 while subbing for Penny, no again;have the Cowboys got to the playoffs in the 2 years since Carters departure, despite all the upgrades, no again. What seems to be the missing ingredient from the Cowboys and Jets fortunes of late. Take that lady, I just handed you your head and both feet and am forcefeeding them to you.:laugh2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
superpunk said:
pssssst....
7201.jpg

I swear to the Above, that I did not know that! I never cared to even look! :eek:

Well, that explains alot about kartr...he's becoming worse then some of the RedStinks that have come to infest this froum!

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
5Stars said:
I swear to the Above, that I did not know that! I never cared to even look! :eek:

Well, that explains alot about kartr...he's becoming worse then some of the RedStinks that have come to infest this froum!

Drugs will do that to you, my friend.