2005 Commanders=2003 Cowboys

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
riggo said:
do we really want to rehash this?

Of course you don't want to! Because it reveals things that you don't want to hear!

So, shut your eyes real tight, cover your ears, and hold your breath until you pass out!

:dissskin: Sorry, but my dog, Gibbs, has to take his morning leak!

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The Eagles/Cowboys rivalry is something a little different then the long standing Cowboys/Commanders rivalry, though. We swept them, too, but it just isn't the same because our franchises have so much more history and anxiety towards one another. If you can't admit that then I guess I'm living in the wrong reality.

The difference between the hatred is rather minimal. The Eagles and Cowboys have been playing against each other since the 60's and the rivalry started when Landry used to run up the score against those Eagles teams. The talk of the city of Philly is the Eagles vs. Cowboys when they are playing each other and when Dallas comes to Philly, the city of Philly has some rather large rallies that week.

The Eagles have had a coach that put bounties on Dallas players, fans that cheered in unison when one of Dallas' favorite players lied motionless on that piece of interstate they called astroturf....something that will never be forgiven by this Cowboys fan.

Not to mention as of late, the Eagles have dominated Dallas and in the last game at Philly, the Cowboys players were treated to Philly fans chucking eggs at the team bus before the game.

Except for the classless fans of Philly, it doesn't sound too far off from the Skins vs. Dallas rivalry. Yet, you rarely see a Cowboys fan still basking in the glory of sweeping Philly in the same fashion as Washington swept Dallas.

Yet, I STILL hear Skins fans bask in the sweeping of Dallas last season.

Personally, I'll take it. If the players can remember that feeling and use it as motivation, all the better.

And paybacks are a mofo.

Rich.............

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
Can you really,the 2003 quarterback was legitimately good enough to get us to the playoffs with an udfa rb who virtually benched in favor of Adrian Murrell who was at home on his couch when the season began. Also, Parcells tried to trade for a legitimate rb 3 times during the season. The 2003 qb also set Cowboy passing records and helped Parcells get to the playoffs quicker than he ever had before, with a supposedly untalented team. Also, the 2003 qb helped the Jets get to the playoffs the next year while subbing for Pennington, did Vinny help the Jets get to the playoffs while subbing in 2003, no;did Bollinger,fieldler or Vinny help the Jets get to the playoffs in 2005 while subbing for Penny, no again;have the Cowboys got to the playoffs in the 2 years since Carters departure, despite all the upgrades, no again. What seems to be the missing ingredient from the Cowboys and Jets fortunes of late. Take that lady, I just handed you your head and both feet and am forcefeeding them to you.:laugh2:
:damn:

All BS that was trumped in August 2004 when he got waived, then waived again as a Jet, now waived even in the CFL.

He's not good enough. 40 professional teams times 3 QBs per roster = 120 QBs ahead of him on the relevant meter at this point.

kartr

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
The 2003 quarterback wasn't legitimately good because he created TOO many turnovers. That's why he was cut the following year. ;) :)

See I can play that game, too. Sup Crankcase? :p:

PS. People are asking themselves, why did Gibbs trade so many picks for Campbell, why did he draft a second round guy, according to ABC, in the first round. Here's another question: Why did he trade for Santana Moss when most people felt that Coles was a little better than Moss and the Jets fans and management felt that Moss was over-rated. The reason is, is that Santana Moss went from being a 30th percentile receiver with Penny to a top 5 receiver with Carter and back to a 30th percentile receiver when Chad returned to play. He saw visions of Doug Williams throwing to his smurf receivers in the super bowl. Carter reminded him of Williams and Campbell remined him of Carter, both being SEC qb's, plus Williams wore number 17, Carter wore number 17 and I believe that Campbell wore number 17 also. Is that enough coincidences for you?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
illone said:
First of all, being owned by you guys for so long it IS a big deal to us to sweep you guys for the first time in 10 years.

Your still here? Damn, sickone...I was hoping that you would have been tossed out with the trash last night!

Anyway, so, after 10 years, you cowardly roaches just showed up this year?

If we whip up on you this coming year, you gonna hang around, or crawl back to that garbage dump called ES where all the other roaches are at?

Here, have a drink... :dissskin:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kartr said:
Can you really,the 2003 quarterback was legitimately good enough to get us to the playoffs with an udfa rb who virtually benched in favor of Adrian Murrell who was at home on his couch when the season began. Also, Parcells tried to trade for a legitimate rb 3 times during the season. The 2003 qb also set Cowboy passing records and helped Parcells get to the playoffs quicker than he ever had before, with a supposedly untalented team. Also, the 2003 qb helped the Jets get to the playoffs the next year while subbing for Pennington, did Vinny help the Jets get to the playoffs while subbing in 2003, no;did Bollinger,fieldler or Vinny help the Jets get to the playoffs in 2005 while subbing for Penny, no again;have the Cowboys got to the playoffs in the 2 years since Carters departure, despite all the upgrades, no again. What seems to be the missing ingredient from the Cowboys and Jets fortunes of late.
Yawn...

How'd I know you'd come back w/that? Same ol tired, what he did in '03 and spot duty in '04 w/a blind-mice twist. Hell, I could've wrote it for you.
Take that lady, I just handed you your head and both feet and am forcefeeding them to you.:laugh2:
Really? Where's your boy playing this year, again? Afl, AFL2 or flag? ;)

kartr

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
The 2003 quarterback wasn't legitimately good because he created TOO many turnovers. That's why he was cut the following year. ;) :)

See I can play that game, too. Sup Crankcase? :p:

Ps again. I just checked. Jason Campbell is also number 17 on the Commander roster. Coincidence? Deja vu to you.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Yawn...

How'd I know you'd come back w/that? Same ol tired, what he did in '03 and spot duty in '04 w/a blind-mice twist. Hell, I could've wrote it for you.
Really? Where's your boy playing this year, again? Afl, AFL2 or flag? ;)

I think he tried to get that wrestling guy to get XFL going again. :)

superpunk

Reaction score
kartr said:
PS. People are asking themselves, why did Gibbs trade so many picks for Campbell, why did he draft a second round guy, according to ABC, in the first round. Here's another question: Why did he trade for Santana Moss when most people felt that Coles was a little better than Moss and the Jets fans and management felt that Moss was over-rated. The reason is, is that Santana Moss went from being a 30th percentile receiver with Penny to a top 5 receiver with Carter and back to a 30th percentile receiver when Chad returned to play.

Now you're just lying.

Carter is the reason Moss got traded for?

Get a napkin - I think you've still got some on your chin, there.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
kartr said:
PS. People are asking themselves, why did Gibbs trade so many picks for Campbell, why did he draft a second round guy, according to ABC, in the first round. Here's another question: Why did he trade for Santana Moss when most people felt that Coles was a little better than Moss and the Jets fans and management felt that Moss was over-rated. The reason is, is that Santana Moss went from being a 30th percentile receiver with Penny to a top 5 receiver with Carter and back to a 30th percentile receiver when Chad returned to play. He saw visions of Doug Williams throwing to his smurf receivers in the super bowl. Carter reminded him of Williams and Campbell remined him of Carter, both being SEC qb's, plus Williams wore number 17, Carter wore number 17 and I believe that Campbell wore number 17 also. Is that enough coincidences for you?

Why do you NEVER answer this question...

Where is Mr. Quincy Carter playing football today?

Don't tuck you tail and run...because the whole board is going to wait for you to answer this question, and if you don't...then you will be labled a coward! And, everyone will see it....

Answer the question, kartr...!

:star:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kartr said:
Whoa!! Talk about a reach... :eek:

Skins better hope Campbell doesn't turn out like ol crankhead. You know, a doped up, bi-polar, mediocre QB, who's out of the league in 4 years. That'd be one helluva coincidence.

kartr

Reaction score
Hostile said:
:damn:

All BS that was trumped in August 2004 when he got waived, then waived again as a Jet, now waived even in the CFL.

He's not good enough. 40 professional teams times 3 QBs per roster = 120 QBs ahead of him on the relevant meter at this point.

Typical. All style and no substance. Just what I'd expect from you, special effects without a good solid story to tell.

1fisher

Reaction score
kartr said:

3 years later and we are still hearing about carter? If he's so good why is he available??????????????????????????????????????????????????:D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Why do you NEVER answer this question...

Where is Mr. Quincy Carter playing football today?

Don't tuck you tail and run...because the whole board is going to wait for you to answer this question, and if you don't...then you will be labled a coward! And, everyone will see it....

Answer the question, kartr...!

I have asked the same question to kartr and have yet to get any response as to why would 32 teams pass on a QB if his talent was as good as kartr thinks QC is

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doomsday101 said:
I have asked the same question to kartr and have yet to get any response as to why would 32 teams pass on a QB if his talent was as good as kartr thinks QC is

I know! I think if he don't answer this question, they should throw his bad self outta here with that 'sickone' poster!

These same old tired posts about that junkie is getting rediculous!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk said:
Now you're just lying.

Carter is the reason Moss got traded for?

Get a napkin - I think you've still got some on your chin, there.
That would be drool, cuz that's some crazy logic to come to those conclusions.

Gibbs traded for Moss cuz Carter threw a couple of bomb to him in one game? It couldn't possibly be, cuz the kid got some talent, even tho he'd underachieved up to that point?

superpunk

Reaction score
kartr said:
Typical. All style and no substance. Just what I'd expect from you, special effects without a good solid story to tell.

It is a GREAT thread bomb.

superpunk

Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
That would be drool,

I guess that works, too. :p:

Gibbs traded for Moss cuz Carter threw a couple of bomb to him in one game? It couldn't possibly be, cuz the kid got some talent, even tho he'd underachieved up to that point?

Or, maybe it had something to do with the fact that his his best year came in 2003 with Penny throwing to him. Not to mention Vinny for the first half of the season.

That's right folks - you heard it. Vinny Testaverde is responsible for Santana Moss coming to Washington.

wileedog

Reaction score
kartr said:

So why hasn't Gibbs just picked up Carter to complete the Quincy/Moss connection?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
wileedog said:
So why hasn't Gibbs just picked up Carter to complete the Quincy/Moss connection?

He don't answer these kind of questions! Cowards hit and run...!