2005 Commanders=2003 Cowboys

kartr

Reaction score
The Answer said:
The Cowboys defense was ranked #1 overall in 2003.....in other words it's a new year and what your defense did last year is meaningless.

~The Answer

The 2003 defense wasn't legitimately good because they couldn't create many turnovers. That's why they were exposed the following year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kartr said:
Jason Campbell is head and shoulders better than our backup qb's. Campbell's last significant playing time was in 2004 at a major university in the SEC, Romo's last time was in 2002 for a small school, Henson's last significant time was in 2000. It's questionable if either Romo or Henson even belong in the NFL at this point.

All Campbell has is potential until he proves himself on the NFL level. Until then it is just hope and potential for the skins

kartr

Reaction score
JohnLockesGhost said:
I think it's fair to project that the Commanders will still have a top ten defense.

I'm not perfectly familiar with the reasons for the decline of Dallas from the '03 to '04 seasons, but I can't see the Commanders dropping 10 games. At worst, I think we'll go .500.

I think you'll win the division. I thought you would come in second last year after the Eagles, but who could predict that the Eagles would self destruct. I thought Andy Reid was smarter than that.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
Jason Campbell is head and shoulders better than our backup qb's. Campbell's last significant playing time was in 2004 at a major university in the SEC, Romo's last time was in 2002 for a small school, Henson's last significant time was in 2000. It's questionable if either Romo or Henson even belong in the NFL at this point.
Based on what? Your word? Your opinion?

Until any of them prove it on the field that is a nonsensical statement.

wileedog

Reaction score
kartr said:
The 2003 defense wasn't legitimately good because they couldn't create many turnovers. That's why they were exposed the following year.

They were exposed the next year because Woody went down and the secondary went with him. GOing into the season with Hunter as the starter wasn't the best decision either, which only got worse when he was injured.

Plus Wiley actually wound up to be worse than Ekuban.

The 2003 defense wasn't very good at pressuring QBs, but the secondary was competant enough to hold its own. In 2004 with Tony Dixon at S and Fitzgerald or whatever other warm body they could find playing 2nd CB the whole thing fell apart.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
kartr said:
The 2003 quarterback wasn't legitimately good because he created TOO many turnovers. That's why he was cut the following year. ;) :)

See I can play that game, too. Sup Crankcase? :p:

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Answer
The Cowboys defense was ranked #1 overall in 2003.....in other words it's a new year and what your defense did last year is meaningless.

~The Answer

i'm not sure i agree with that- at least, not in the skins case this year. they have williams back in year 3 and the best defensive talent hes ever had here.

1fisher

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Doesn't being a fan of any team in the preseason presuppose having false hope, at least until the season has actually come to fruition? As far as I'm concerned everyones 0-0 to start the season, and I wouldn't call it having false hope when my team made it to the second round of the playoffs last year.

I went back and looked at the stats of that playoff win.... your offense SUCKED BAD!!!!!!!!:eek:

Better hope Brunell stays healthy!

riggo

Benched
Reaction score
1fisher said:
I went back and looked at the stats of that playoff win.... your offense SUCKED BAD!!!!!!!!:eek:

Better hope Brunell stays healthy!

do we really want to rehash this?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
riggo said:
You guys do on a friggin' daily basis. If the results are not to your liking you're going to whine?

Here ya go.

:redwhine:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Ooh, ooh! Pick me! Pick me!

I know exactly what it's based on.

I know what he is basing it on as well. A horse of a different well.....:laugh1:

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You guys do on a friggin' daily basis. If the results are not to your liking you're going to whine?

Here ya go.

:redwhine:
DAMNIT HOS!!!!

I was so going for that.

:bastid:

superpunk

Reaction score
riggo said:

....since Hos stole my smiley thunder...

Do you really want to attempt to change the universe? Is anything he said incorrect? Did your offense not, in fact, suck bad in the playoffs? You were a catch away from losing to Tampa Bay and couldn't beat Seattle without the league MVP.

This is the type of garbage logic we have to endure from you guys every day. You cite single game accomplishments against the Cowboys as if they mean jack. Tell ya what - get you and your bretheren to stop citing Moss's catches in week 2, Lloyd's game against us in week 3, and we'll stop bringing up the Skins single game failures. It's all equally relevant.

Deal?

illone

Reaction score
superpunk said:
This is the type of garbage logic we have to endure from you guys every day. You cite single game accomplishments against the Cowboys as if they mean jack. Tell ya what - get you and your bretheren to stop citing Moss's catches in week 2, Lloyd's game against us in week 3, and we'll stop bringing up the Skins single game failures. It's all equally relevant.

Deal?

Any attempt at that would be in vain. It's part of the rivalry and part of co-existing on a rival teams board. You could start, though, by not taking EVERYTHING so serious. First of all, being owned by you guys for so long it IS a big deal to us to sweep you guys for the first time in 10 years. If the shoe was on the other foot you'd be equally happy with those results.

The truth is there isn't really much more we can discuss right now this being the off-season and this close to camp. Just sit back, relax, and try not to let us spin you up so much. Not all of the Skins fans are here to stir up trouble. Of course there are going to be jabs and insults, but sheesh man this isn't the my little pony room. I mean if you can't take the heat......

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
illone said:
Any attempt at that would be in vain. It's part of the rivalry and part of co-existing on a rival teams board. You could start, though, by not taking EVERYTHING so serious. First of all, being owned by you guys for so long it IS a big deal to us to sweep you guys for the first time in 10 years. If the shoe was on the other foot you'd be equally happy with those results.
That's where you're wrong. Hos has repeatedly pointed out that we swept the Eagles for the first time in years last year and you don't see any crowing about it on here. It's probably treated more as anomaly than anything significant in the overall scheme of things. I think we (cowboy fans) can all admit that the complete domination of the eagles in the first game was beautiful to watch...and the reactions of the fans to the outcome in the 2nd game is just hilarious. But it's not something we hold up, and say, "It's our time, now. Move over scrubs!"

Games still have to be played... :cool:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
That's where you're wrong. Hos has repeatedly pointed out that we swept the Eagles for the first time in years last year and you don't see any crowing about it on here. It's probably treated more as anomaly than anything significant in the overall scheme of things. I think we (cowboy fans) can all admit that the complete domination of the eagles in the first game was beautiful to watch...and the reactions of the fans to the outcome in the 2nd game is just hilarious. But it's not something we hold up, and say, "It's our time, now. Move over scrubs!"

Games still have to be played... :cool:
They are never going to grasp that. It's a concept that just doesn't fire any synapses.

1fisher

Reaction score
riggo said:

nope... your offense SUCKED BAD and that's the end of the story.... Just be glad Edell didn't hang on to the ball!

superpunk

Reaction score
illone said:

No. We wouldn't. The proof is in the puddin'.

The truth is there isn't really much more we can discuss right now this being the off-season and this close to camp. Just sit back, relax, and try not to let us spin you up so much. Not all of the Skins fans are here to stir up trouble. Of course there are going to be jabs and insults, but sheesh man this isn't the my little pony room. I mean if you can't take the heat......
It might be entertaining if you actually could spin us up. If you could present arguments that followed some sort of logical progression, or at least attempt to make sense, you might get someone riled up. Instead, you just annoy us. Like a fly. Noone gets riled up over a fly. They just wish they'd go away.