2005 Commanders=2003 Cowboys

JohnLockesGhost

Reaction score
ouvan59 said:
He did at that but I was only including the regular season since that's what they report on nfl.com. Lavar's interception against the Raiders was actually called an interception initially but overturned on review (I think it was the Raiders game).

Again I am not trying to state that Lavar isn't a good player only that he was not a big reason for the success of the defense the last two years so the loss of him shouldn't play a big factor unless Holdman and/or McIntosh forget how to walk. Just like the loss of Dat Nguyen does not indicate a big dropoff for the Cowboys.

Now if Cornelius Griffin, Marcus Washington, Shawn Springs or Sean Taylor goes down that will have a huge impact on the defense.

One thing that ALWAYS pissed me off about Arrington was his propensity to tip his hand when blitzing. He would always run up to the line before the snap when blitzing allowing the the offense to adjust. Sometimes he would time it just right, but mostly he would just screw up the defensive play. Sure the guy is an uberathlete, but he just doesn't play with enough discipline.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
ouvan59 said:
I believe it was the original poster who stated that the Skins were losing a big playmaker. And the sacks, turnovers etc. had very little to do with Lavar since I believe he was in on a total of four 3rd downs all season long. Lavar was in on running downs and that is it which should tell you a lot considering most people consider Gregg Williams a pretty good defensive mind.

Funny, there was another Skins apologist that claimed LaVar wasn't good against the run.

Traditionally, LaVar has been a big playmaker. And if you don't think a guy that can finish 6th in beating block % for all NFL linebackers doesn't have an impact on the team's sacks......especially since Washington blitzes more on first down than any team in the league....I guess there's little point to this thread.

Rich...........

JohnLockesGhost

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Again, you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. I didn't say he was the big reason for their defensive success in the past two years. However, stats indicate that he was a significant upgrade over Holdman and the defense was impacted by it in 2005. Holdman is schedule to start and unless he somehow rekindles his old form back 5 years ago, I doubt he'll have the impact Lavar had last season when he returned as the starter.

The big difference between Dallas losing Nguyen is that Dallas played most of the season without him. And if you want to mention Glover, according to KC Joyer the run defense was much better statistically with Ferguson than it was with Glover.

Essentially, Washington lost by far the better of the two LB's and a guy that more favorably impacted the defense and are returning the lesser player.

Rich.........

As Benjamin Disraeli said, "there are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
JohnLockesGhost said:
You call your dog Gibbs? So do I.

As a member of a rival team's fanbase, I DEMAND you come up with better insults.

Demand? lol Demand in one hand **** in the other

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
illone said:
Well, here we are again same bat time same bat channel and you guys are still making the same lame assumptions that we'll somehow get worse because of x y and z..

and you are making the same assumption that you will get better based on x, y and z

No difference except for the color of the jersey you cheer for

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
JohnLockesGhost said:
As Benjamin Disraeli said, "there are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Okay.....here's a question.

If Holdman is supposed to be so good that "unless he forgets how to walk" he'll be a starter and there will be no negative impact for the loss of Arrington.....then why did Williams give Arrington Holdman's starting job last year? Especially when it's pretty well known that both Williams and LB coach Dale Lindsay can't stand LaVar.

Was Williams just huffing gas fumes in his spare time?

Rich.............

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
illone said:
I want to congradulate you on the first objective post I've seen on the Skins since being on this site.

Which would include your unobjective posts also.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
JohnLockesGhost said:
One thing that ALWAYS pissed me off about Arrington was his propensity to tip his hand when blitzing. He would always run up to the line before the snap when blitzing allowing the the offense to adjust. Sometimes he would time it just right, but mostly he would just screw up the defensive play. Sure the guy is an uberathlete, but he just doesn't play with enough discipline.

Who's fault is that? His...or the coach? Or, is he just plain stupid! :cool:

I think he's a good player! I'm glad you RedStinks got rid of him...but he signed on with the Giants...and he 'might' come back to 'haunt' the team that did not believe in him? :cool:

Does that sound like a player that the Boyz just signed? Huh...? Revenge?

Good luck with all that...when he comes to play your team!

:lmao:

JohnLockesGhost

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Okay.....here's a question.

If Holdman is supposed to be so good that "unless he forgets how to walk" he'll be a starter and there will be no negative impact for the loss of Arrington.....then why did Williams give Arrington Holdman's starting job last year? Especially when it's pretty well known that both Williams and LB coach Dale Lindsay can't stand LaVar.

Was Williams just huffing gas fumes in his spare time?

Rich.............

Because Arrington is better than Holdman, d'uh. ;)

The quote was only meant as a slight ribbing. Stats are really all we have in this game.

JohnLockesGhost

Reaction score
5Stars said:
Who's fault is that? His...or the coach? Or, is he just plain stupid! :cool:

I think he's a good player! I'm glad you RedStinks got rid of him...but he signed on with the Giants...and he 'might' come back to 'haunt' the team that did not believe in him? :cool:

Does that sound like a player that the Boyz just signed? Huh...? Revenge?

Good luck with all that...when he comes to play your team!

5Stars, you're going on my ignore list. Good luck with your season.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
JohnLockesGhost said:

That was good! Lots of truth in that, JohnLockSmith! Here...have a Cowboy Star...

:suxskins:

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
To add something.

Dallas started 03 very strong and fell off at the end. Washington got hot at the end. So if Washington has 1 thing going for them, it's a playoff win, and some strong perfomances near the end of the season to build on.

The biggest difference is in our 4 losses in the second half, we lost to teams with a combined record of 44-20

Their 5 game win stear last year consisted of teams with a combined record of 37-43.

Further, The Rams with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB,

The Eags with No TO, No McNabb, No westbrook as well as a few defenders defenders,

Cowboys with no Flozell, No Henry, a JJ who was hobbled and splitting time with barber, half our LBs on IR.

Cardinals are the Cardinals lol

and the Gints

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
illone said:
See the difference is you suspect(don't really know) if we would have wanted Walker.

I already know.

PROVE the Skins had no intrest in Walker

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
JohnLockesGhost said:
5Stars, you're going on my ignore list. Good luck with your season.

Ohhhh....break my heart! :rolleyes: You CANNOT WAIT to read what 5Bars[SIC] :lmao: has to say!

Liar!

Good luck to your season...your team is gonna need it! You got lucky last year...!

:star:

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
The biggest difference is in our 4 losses in the second half, we lost to teams with a combined record of 44-20

Their 5 game win stear last year consisted of teams with a combined record of 37-43.

Further, The Rams with Ryan Fitzpatrick at QB,

The Eags with No TO, No McNabb, No westbrook as well as a few defenders defenders,

Cowboys with no Flozell, No Henry, a JJ who was hobbled and splitting time with barber, half our LBs on IR.

Cardinals are the Cardinals lol

and the Gints

Very true.

The Commanders are sort of like Kevin Federline, what with their false sense of accomplishment.

I'll give them that they have improved their team alot, but if you watched them play in the playoffs, the fact that they escaped even the wild card round was amazing.

I dont even think they were a better team than us last year, they just outplayed us.

JohnLockesGhost

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Very true.

The Commanders are sort of like Kevin Federline, what with their false sense of accomplishment.

I'll give them that they have improved their team alot, but if you watched them play in the playoffs, the fact that they escaped even the wild card round was amazing.

I dont even think they were a better team than us last year, they just outplayed us.

Why is our sense of accomplishment false? We accomplished more than ANY major analyst/publication predicted. We made it to the playoffs and won a playoff game. These ARE the accomplishments of the '05 Skins. You don't have to like it.

What is this Orwellian doublespeak: "We were better even though they beat us." As Bill Parcells himself says, "You are what you are."

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
JohnLockesGhost said:
Why is our sense of accomplishment false? We accomplished more than ANY major analyst/publication predicted. We made it to the playoffs and won a playoff game. These ARE the accomplishments of the '05 Skins. You don't have to like it.

What is this Orwellian doublespeak: "We were better even though they beat us." As Bill Parcells himself says, "You are what you are."

JohnLostGoat...that is true!

The question is...what will you be?

(answer...please)!

:lmao:

1fisher

Reaction score
JohnLockesGhost said:

you were one catch away from being beaten by Chris Simms and the bucs! your offense sucked for several weeks and you squeaked by the bucs..... and yes, I'm aware you did win that game.:D