2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

MC KAos

Reaction score
so.....when was the last time a defending champion missed the playoffs?

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
That game extremely frustrating, I was pissed off for most of it. When Dirk can't make a shot to save his life, commits 6-7 turnovers at last count and was fouling dudes...you know there is a big problem. The only guy that stepped up was Roddy B which was great but they played no defense and had no hear it seemed like.

They have to do something fast or this thing will spiral out of control. Odom needs to get his **** together in that one D-League game he decided to play in and come help his current team and stop day dreaming about LA With the West being so tight, it's easy to drop right on out of the playoffs. Delonte is a big part of it imo, he was playing some good ball and was relieving J-Kidd as well until he was out.

:bang2:

I still think we can turn it around though, just gotta focus on winning, staying healthy and hopefully...if at all possible...preserving the legs of Dirk(Odom's job), Kidd(West's job), Marion and Carter.

Reaction score
Corleone;4437450 said:
That game extremely frustrating, I was pissed off for most of it. When Dirk can't make a shot to save his life, commits 6-7 turnovers at last count and was fouling dudes...you know there is a big problem. The only guy that stepped up was Roddy B which was great but they played no defense and had no hear it seemed like.

They have to do something fast or this thing will spiral out of control. Odom needs to get his **** together in that one D-League game he decided to play in and come help his current team and stop day dreaming about LA With the West being so tight, it's easy to drop right on out of the playoffs. Delonte is a big part of it imo, he was playing some good ball and was relieving J-Kidd as well until he was out.

:bang2:

I still think we can turn it around though, just gotta focus on winning, staying healthy and hopefully...if at all possible...preserving the legs of Dirk(Odom's job), Kidd(West's job), Marion and Carter.

You people are truly hilarious. Did you Mavs fans not learn your lesson last year. I'm gonna repeat this one time and one time......

THE REGULAR SEASON DOESN'T MEAN ****

Seriously Dallas is an older team you really expect them to go all out in the regular season? Of course not, they're in cruise control. They know all they have to do is get healthy and they can win anywhere.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4437555 said:
You people are truly hilarious. Did you Mavs fans not learn your lesson last year. I'm gonna repeat this one time and one time......

THE REGULAR SEASON DOESN'T MEAN ****

Seriously Dallas is an older team you really expect them to go all out in the regular season? Of course not, they're in cruise control. They know all they have to do is get healthy and they can win anywhere.

Yea but u gotta get in bro. I mean chances are they will but right now they are playing awful.Like they dont care.

juck

Reaction score
Im sympathetic to what Odom is dealing with with his father however he has a job. Now he is playing tonight and supposedly giving a team speech on whats goin on. This guy brought a lot of drama to Mavs. Hollywood is where he may belong after all.

Reaction score
juck;4437708 said:
Yea but u gotta get in bro. I mean chances are they will but right now they are playing awful.Like they dont care.

That's because they don't lol. Very rarely do you see veteran teams like Dallas care in the regular season. Their thing is they just wanna get it which I'm pretty sure they will and then they know they can beat anybody.

Goku

Benched
Reaction score
big difference btw being in cruise control and losing four straight (including losses to the lowly nets, grizz, and hornets). portland is a very talented team, they can easily catch us if we're not careful.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
juck;4437711 said:
Im sympathetic to what Odom is dealing with with his father however he has a job. Now he is playing tonight and supposedly giving a team speech on whats goin on. This guy brought a lot of drama to Mavs. Hollywood is where he may belong after all.

It's that plus that damn Kardashian girl.

There's no way I'd be shooting a TV show and trying to play basketball at the same time. I'd tell her she can have her show but I want no part of it.

Goku

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;4437810 said:

There's no way I'd be shooting a TV show and trying to play basketball at the same time. I'd tell her she can have her show but I want no part of it.

exactly. i bet that's why the lakers got rid of him.

Goku

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4437900 said:
That had nothing to do with it. Odom was traded because he damanded a trade.

odom demanded a trade AFTER they were already shopping him. he didn't want to go back to L.A. after the N.O. trade was blocked.

juck

Reaction score
casmith07;4437810 said:

Its ashame because Odon is talented too.If he could click and get it going and we get DWEST back we could get real hot.

juck

Reaction score
Tonight is a must win Id say and its against the Jazz. Maybe the home crown will get JET and the boys to actually step it up.

Reaction score
Goku;4437928 said:
odom demanded a trade AFTER they were already shopping him. he didn't want to go back to L.A. after the N.O. trade was blocked.

I know, but you said the reason Odom was traded was because of the show which is not true at all. Had nothing to do with it.

juck

Reaction score
Its funny how when u actually put some effort into the game things work out.Needed that.

MC KAos

Reaction score
you cant say the regular season doesnt mean ANYTHING. its not EVERYTHING, but it means SOMETHING. its the NBA, not the NFL, MLB or NHL, the lowest champion ever was the fifth seeded defending champion houston rockets. Its not an accident that no team lower than 4th has won the title besides them. I think the mavs or anyone in the west with a hope to win it all needs a top 4 seed. Yes any team in the west can win any series, but i dont think a team in going to beat the spurs/OKC/LAL and whomever else is in the top 4 three times in a row, just too difficult, specially without home court

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4438154 said:
you cant say the regular season doesnt mean ANYTHING. its not EVERYTHING, but it means SOMETHING. its the NBA, not the NFL, MLB or NHL, the lowest champion ever was the fifth seeded defending champion houston rockets. Its not an accident that no team lower than 4th has won the title besides them. I think the mavs or anyone in the west with a hope to win it all needs a top 4 seed. Yes any team in the west can win any series, but i dont think a team in going to beat the spurs/OKC/LAL and whomever else is in the top 4 three times in a row, just too difficult, specially without home court
We beat Portland,LAL,OKC and Heat. U never know. LAL and Heat had homecourt.I know u hate the Mavs but give them props too. I despise the Spurs but still respect them.