2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
juck;4441349 said:
Cmon guys for KIDD to complain it means something. KIDD NEVER complains. EVER. We do need more people to drive to the basket. However Harden just runs right into people expecting the call. Terry sucked bad. Anyone that watches Collison defend Dirk sees he gets fouled nonstop by him. Refs loved them some Thunder last night.

juck said:
Its true. Another reason to get DWILL and Dwight. U have "popular" superstars you get calls.
Your honor, if it pleases the court, I'd like to enter into evidence Exhibit A.

juck

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4441353 said:
Your honor, if it pleases the court, I'd like to enter into evidence Exhibit A.
Admit ur boy does the 3 step better than anyone...:laugh2:

DFWJC

Reaction score
All I know guys, is if OKC and Dallas are both healthy and meet in the playoffs, it should be a heckuva series. They've already had 2-3 great games this year.

Reaction score
DFWJC;4441485 said:
All I know guys, is if OKC and Dallas are both healthy and meet in the playoffs, it should be a heckuva series. They've already had 2-3 great games this year.

Dallas would win again.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
EMMITTnROY;4441169 said:
Wow, Mavs fans, really? You guys want to get foul calls? Try driving to the basket. Your entire team is full of jump shooters. The Thunder has three main offensive weapons, and guess what? They all drive to the basket and are three of the best finishers in the game. So the best to way to stop them? Foul them. That's why we got 33 trips to the line. As for why you guys had 10? You shoot jumpers. Dirk doesn't drive. Kidd doesn't drive. Terry doesn't drive. Marion doesn't drive. It's Basketball 101: you don't get foul calls on jump shooters. That's why I was LIVID in the WCF last year when Dirk got the whistle every. single. time. Remember 24 free throw attempts for a jump shooter in game 1? Yeah... I don't want to hear any complaints from you guys about foul calls.

Oh, and one other thing: you guys are blaming the loss on that Serge Ibaka call. And yet no mention of the fact that the Thunder's defense completely shut down your offense the last three minutes? Do you realize that you guys didn't score a point in the final 2:45 of play? That's dominant defense down the stretch. That's why you lost this game-- not because of one bad foul call. Part of being champs is shaking off one bad foul call and going to the other end and getting a basket. Another part is acting like champs and stop complaining about the refs after every single loss. From Cuban to Dirk to Kidd to Terry to the fans, the Mavs whine about foul calls all the time. Act like champs and give credit where credit is due after a loss.

Heck, I have no doubt the officating was the reason okc won last night.

You do realize Dallas had more points in paint right?
You do realize that Marion scores majority of his points in the paint right? According to you he's a spot up shooter.
You do not seem to remember two awful goal tending calls on Dallas and then a blatant non-call on a "block" by serge. All within 5 mins of each other.
You seem to ignore the fact Dirk, who typically gets to the line 9-10 times a game manages 3 times last night. Even though he was getting fouled consistently by Collison.
You must have missed Odem driving three straight times in 1 st half with no calls each time.
I guess any drive by roddy was missed as well, because Terry, Dirk, Marion, and Kidd ( who scores 4 pts a game) were not driving.
You failed to mention Mahinmi fouling out on a awful call, not to mention 2 others where westbrook and 3 step just flail in the lane.

Must have watched a different game than me.

juck

Reaction score
numnuts23;4441577 said:
Heck, I have no doubt the officating was the reason okc won last night.

You do realize Dallas had more points in paint right?
You do realize that Marion scores majority of his points in the paint right? According to you he's a spot up shooter.
You do not seem to remember two awful goal tending calls on Dallas and then a blatant non-call on a "block" by serge. All within 5 mins of each other.
You seem to ignore the fact Dirk, who typically gets to the line 9-10 times a game manages 3 times last night. Even though he was getting fouled consistently by Collison.
You must have missed Odem driving three straight times in 1 st half with no calls each time.
I guess any drive by roddy was missed as well, because Terry, Dirk, Marion, and Kidd ( who scores 4 pts a game) were not driving.
You failed to mention Mahinmi fouling out on a awful call, not to mention 2 others where westbrook and 3 step just flail in the lane.

Must have watched a different game than me.
exactly,well put.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I haven't been a NBA fan / watcher since 2005, but I get this Russian ***hat at work who always talks **** when the Knicks play the Mavs lately. I'm sure glad Dirk *****-slapped them tonight. I'm going to rub it in like a mother****er tomorrow.

I didn't even watch the game, my wife told me what happen.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
The wheels have pretty much flown off of this thing at this point.

Still a lot of games to go though and as long as they still get in the tournament, they can still make some noise.

Goku

Benched
Reaction score
looking at the rest of our schedule, i'm not even confident we'll make the playoffs..

Mar 13 Wash 8:30 PM
Mar 15 Char 8:30 PM
Mar 17 SA 9:00 PM
Mar 19 @Den 10:30 PM
Mar 21 LAL 9:30 PM
Mar 23 @SA 8:30 PM
Mar 24 @Hou 8:00 PM
Mar 27 Hou 8:30 PM
Mar 29 @Mia 8:00 PM
Mar 30 @Orl 8:00 PM
Apr 2 LAC 8:30 PM
Apr 4 Mem 8:30 PM
Apr 6 Port 8:30 PM
Apr 7 @Mem 8:00 PM
Apr 10 Sac 8:30 PM
Apr 12 @GS 10:30 PM
Apr 13 @Port 10:30 PM
Apr 15 @LAL 3:30 PM
Apr 16 @Utah 9:00 PM
Apr 18 Hou 8:30 PM
Apr 20 GS 8:30 PM
Apr 21 @Chi 8:00 PM
Apr 26 @Atl 8:00 PM

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Goku;4446949 said:
looking at the rest of our schedule, i'm not even confident we'll make the playoffs..

Mar 13 Wash 8:30 PM
Mar 15 Char 8:30 PM
Mar 17 SA 9:00 PM
Mar 19 @Den 10:30 PM
Mar 21 LAL 9:30 PM
Mar 23 @SA 8:30 PM
Mar 24 @Hou 8:00 PM
Mar 27 Hou 8:30 PM

Mar 29 @Mia 8:00 PM
Mar 30 @Orl 8:00 PM
Apr 2 LAC 8:30 PM
Apr 4 Mem 8:30 PM
Apr 6 Port 8:30 PM
Apr 7 @Mem 8:00 PM
Apr 10 Sac 8:30 PM
Apr 12 @GS 10:30 PM
Apr 13 @Port 10:30 PM
Apr 15 @LAL 3:30 PM
Apr 16 @Utah 9:00 PM
Apr 18 Hou 8:30 PM
Apr 20 GS 8:30 PM
Apr 21 @Chi 8:00 PM
Apr 26 @Atl 8:00 PM

Those games against Portland, Houston, and Denver will be important to maintain playoff position. With Rubio out in Minnesota I assume they will crawl back into their hole, making the playoff race a little easier.

juck

Reaction score
Either
1. they dont care cause most of the players know they won be there next year
2. Just tired and are waiting to turn it on when healthy and it matters most
3. They are tanking

I doubt 3. They are giving no effort at at all. Nothing. But tanking? They would get a nice lotto pick and have crazy cap space to go get the Dwill,and D12 or many other good FAs. But I really think the 3d plan is what Cuban is going all out for. Its kinda obvious as he sorta blew up a championship team.

Ren

Reaction score
I remember saying i don't care if they go back to what they where in the 90s as long as they get this championship during the playoffs and finals.

Paying for that now :banghead:

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Ren;4447360 said:
I remember saying i don't care if they go back to what they where in the 90s as long as they get this championship during the playoffs and finals.

Paying for that now :banghead:
Just an off year, cause of the lockout.....but you also lost some very key elements to your title team, and you replaced them with crap like Vince Carter. Odom was a stupid trade.

What you should be upset about is the way Dirk came back out of shape. He is your superstar, the face of your franchise, and he comes back the way he does? That is inexcusable. You never see this from Kobe or Duncan.

Dallas will most likely have a lot of new faces next season....and you will probably struggle for the first two months of the season....but then they should be able to make a run the rest of the season.....of course health does play a part in all of this.

Gator88

Reaction score
Biggems;4447373 said:
Just an off year, cause of the lockout.....but you also lost some very key elements to your title team, and you replaced them with crap like Vince Carter. Odom was a stupid trade.

What you should be upset about is the way Dirk came back out of shape. He is your superstar, the face of your franchise, and he comes back the way he does? That is inexcusable. You never see this from Kobe or Duncan.

Dallas will most likely have a lot of new faces next season....and you will probably struggle for the first two months of the season....but then they should be able to make a run the rest of the season.....of course health does play a part in all of this.

Yeah, because Duncan and Kobe won the title, played for their country trying to carry them to the olympics, and then hurt their knee, all in an offseason when nobody knew when they would be playing. Makes perfect sense, Dirk is a bum because Kobe and Duncan both kept themselves in their normal playing shapes in this situation. Brilliant logic dude.

Reaction score
Gator88;4447585 said:
Yeah, because Duncan and Kobe won the title, played for their country trying to carry them to the olympics, and then hurt their knee, all in an offseason when nobody knew when they would be playing. Makes perfect sense, Dirk is a bum because Kobe and Duncan both kept themselves in their normal playing shapes in this situation. Brilliant logic dude.

He's no bum, but c'mon he has nowhere near the work ethic or dedication that Bryant or Duncan have.

Gator88

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4447589 said:
He's no bum, but c'mon he has nowhere near the work ethic or dedication that Bryant or Duncan have.

:laugh2: This was a strange year, but yeah I can confidently say that he is one of the very few guys in the league that has the same work ethic as a Bryant or Duncan. Like Bryant and Duncan he has worked extremely hard to make himself the best he could be.

juck

Reaction score
Cmon OMG U and that Spurs fan are blind. Dirk with no work ethic??? Dirk??? hahahahaha Thats laughable. Well if no work ethic gets you average of 20 a game thats not shabby. People forget that he completely dominated everyone in the playoffs. A showing not scene since Timmy Palms in 03. BTW, I guarantee that none of you guys will be celebrating a championship this year. GUARANTEE!!!!!! Put it in big words.The 3 stooges in South beach are winning.And they will have a big * besides it forever.

juck

Reaction score
Upon thinking this over.If Dallas doesnt make it,i want def Miami to win it. Why? Deron&Dwight will realize that there's no getting past them without Dirk(if they havent already).

vlad

Reaction score

Hmm...interesting.

Quote:
There is a clear level of respect from Bryant toward Nowitzki, something he doesn't afford all of his opponents.

"It's just work ethic," Bryant said. "It's as simple as that; his work ethic. He obviously has a God-given ability being 7 feet and being as athletic and as agile as he is. After that, it's just been on him, just working on a consistent basis."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=6275717