2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4438154 said:
you cant say the regular season doesnt mean ANYTHING. its not EVERYTHING, but it means SOMETHING. its the NBA, not the NFL, MLB or NHL, the lowest champion ever was the fifth seeded defending champion houston rockets. Its not an accident that no team lower than 4th has won the title besides them. I think the mavs or anyone in the west with a hope to win it all needs a top 4 seed. Yes any team in the west can win any series, but i dont think a team in going to beat the spurs/OKC/LAL and whomever else is in the top 4 three times in a row, just too difficult, specially without home court

You're a Spurs fan so you should know more than anybody that the regular season means jack ****.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Is it me? I don't think either team played very well tonight. I was really looking forward to this game all day, but it was just ugly on both sides.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Chocolate Lab;4440548 said:
Is it me? I don't think either team played very well tonight. I was really looking forward to this game all day, but it was just ugly on both sides.

33-10 FT disparity didn't help. Remember, don't touch Westbrook or 3 step Harden....

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Just a random observation but I don't think anybody, not even Kobe or Lebron, gets away with as many travels when driving to the bucket as James Harden does. Good grief, he took three steps on all three of his layups last night and got away with the same thing the entire conference final series last year.

juck

Reaction score
numnuts23;4440650 said:
33-10 FT disparity didn't help. Remember, don't touch Westbrook or 3 step Harden....
Isnt that telling?? Wow. Unreal. And we still would have won if it werent for that awful call on Mahimni at end then a blatant no call on Dirk.

juck

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4440797 said:
Just a random observation but I don't think anybody, not even Kobe or Lebron, gets away with as many travels when driving to the bucket as James Harden does. Good grief, he took three steps on all three of his layups last night and got away with the same thing the entire conference final series last year.
He literally just walks into the crowd and throws it up. Worse then Lebron,way worse.One time he took three steps then hopped and passed the ball. No call.NBA loves the Thunder. You would think they were the defending champs.

Goku

Benched
Reaction score
so I see a lot of people talking about the refs today. skip bayless and company brought it up in our defense, said the refs never have given us the benefit of the doubt.

now kidd is saying the refs don't respect us.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story...-dallas-mavericks-get-benefit-doubt-officials

i don't know why this crap is still going on 6 years after they handed the heat the championship. we have a veteran coach who should know how to work the refs, a championship team with a global superstar in Dirk, and a passionate owner in one of the league's marquee markets (DFW). THIS **** SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING STILL! :banghead:

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Wow, Mavs fans, really? You guys want to get foul calls? Try driving to the basket. Your entire team is full of jump shooters. The Thunder has three main offensive weapons, and guess what? They all drive to the basket and are three of the best finishers in the game. So the best to way to stop them? Foul them. That's why we got 33 trips to the line. As for why you guys had 10? You shoot jumpers. Dirk doesn't drive. Kidd doesn't drive. Terry doesn't drive. Marion doesn't drive. It's Basketball 101: you don't get foul calls on jump shooters. That's why I was LIVID in the WCF last year when Dirk got the whistle every. single. time. Remember 24 free throw attempts for a jump shooter in game 1? Yeah... I don't want to hear any complaints from you guys about foul calls.

Oh, and one other thing: you guys are blaming the loss on that Serge Ibaka call. And yet no mention of the fact that the Thunder's defense completely shut down your offense the last three minutes? Do you realize that you guys didn't score a point in the final 2:45 of play? That's dominant defense down the stretch. That's why you lost this game-- not because of one bad foul call. Part of being champs is shaking off one bad foul call and going to the other end and getting a basket. Another part is acting like champs and stop complaining about the refs after every single loss. From Cuban to Dirk to Kidd to Terry to the fans, the Mavs whine about foul calls all the time. Act like champs and give credit where credit is due after a loss.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;4441169 said:
Wow, Mavs fans, really? You guys want to get foul calls? Try driving to the basket. Your entire team is full of jump shooters. The Thunder has three main offensive weapons, and guess what? They all drive to the basket and are three of the best finishers in the game. So the best to way to stop them? Foul them. That's why we got 33 trips to the line. As for why you guys had 10? You shoot jumpers. Dirk doesn't drive. Kidd doesn't drive. Terry doesn't drive. Marion doesn't drive. It's Basketball 101: you don't get foul calls on jump shooters. That's why I was LIVID in the WCF last year when Dirk got the whistle every. single. time. Remember 24 free throw attempts for a jump shooter in game 1? Yeah... I don't want to hear any complaints from you guys about foul calls.

Oh, and one other thing: you guys are blaming the loss on that Serge Ibaka call. And yet no mention of the fact that the Thunder's defense completely shut down your offense the last three minutes? Do you realize that you guys didn't score a point in the final 2:45 of play? That's dominant defense down the stretch. That's why you lost this game-- not because of one bad foul call. Part of being champs is shaking off one bad foul call and going to the other end and getting a basket. Another part is acting like champs and stop complaining about the refs after every single loss. From Cuban to Dirk to Kidd to Terry to the fans, the Mavs whine about foul calls all the time. Act like champs and give credit where credit is due after a loss.

I don't know about anyone else, but I wasnt blaming the refs for the loss at all. Just making an observation about Harden and traveling. Dallas lost because OKC played great defene at the end and Jason Terry went full ******.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4441189 said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I wasnt blaming the refs for the loss at all. Just making an observation about Harden and traveling. Dallas lost because OKC played great defene at the end and Jason Terry went full ******.
That about sums it up.

Dallas had it just did not excecute the last minute or so. You have to credit OKC, but, good grief Terry.

I'll be there tonight for Knicks game regardless.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
The30YardSlant and DFWJC, I wasn't calling anyone out specifically. And I appreciate that neither of you are making excuses and are giving credit where it's due. But there were a couple of comments on here about the refs, and far and wide, reading Mavs' players and fans comments on other forums, it's pretty ridiculous. All they want to talk about is the refs, not the game itself. And certainly not the fact that the Thunder defense shut down the Mavs offense the last three minutes. (And yes, Terry really screwed things up for you guys.)

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4441272 said:
Didn't watch the game, but what did Terry do?
Dirk was feeling it and Terry just took two horrible shots.

Dirk didn't touch the ball down the stretch.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score

Twice at the end of the game he didn't get the ball to Dirk, especially on the last play where they ran the pick and roll they've run successfully a thousand times but Terry didn't pass. Instead he dribbled himself into a bad situation leading to a lousy shot. And worse still, Dirk had been pretty hot.

(I do think Harden was being sure he was in the passing lane to Dirk, but still, Dirk is seven feet tall and Terry didn't look like he really tried too hard to get it to Dirk.)

Like EnR said regarding the free throws, though, it did seem like the Mavs didn't drive a whole lot. Especially Dirk, who posted up but always seemed to shoot the extreme fadeaway instead of making an up-and-under move or otherwise going inside.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dirk was rolling.
The last three Dallas made baskets were Dirk 3 pointers--the last one to put Dallas up by 4 with 2 1/2 minutes left.

OKC scored the final 8 points, 5 on free throws.

OKC went up by one with about 40 seconds left.

On Dallas' final two possessions, as mentioned above, Dirk did not touch the ball and Terry took wild shots; one was blcoked by Perkins and the other was just plain bad.

juck

Reaction score
Cmon guys for KIDD to complain it means something. KIDD NEVER complains. EVER. We do need more people to drive to the basket. However Harden just runs right into people expecting the call. Terry sucked bad. Anyone that watches Collison defend Dirk sees he gets fouled nonstop by him. Refs loved them some Thunder last night.

juck

Reaction score
Goku;4440884 said:
so I see a lot of people talking about the refs today. skip bayless and company brought it up in our defense, said the refs never have given us the benefit of the doubt.

now kidd is saying the refs don't respect us.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story...-dallas-mavericks-get-benefit-doubt-officials

i don't know why this crap is still going on 6 years after they handed the heat the championship. we have a veteran coach who should know how to work the refs, a championship team with a global superstar in Dirk, and a passionate owner in one of the league's marquee markets (DFW). THIS **** SHOULD NOT BE HAPPENING STILL! :banghead:

Its true. Another reason to get DWILL and Dwight. U have "popular" superstars you get calls.