2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

Reaction score
vlad;4461988 said:
Hmm...interesting.

Quote:
There is a clear level of respect from Bryant toward Nowitzki, something he doesn't afford all of his opponents.

"It's just work ethic," Bryant said. "It's as simple as that; his work ethic. He obviously has a God-given ability being 7 feet and being as athletic and as agile as he is. After that, it's just been on him, just working on a consistent basis."

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/columns/story?id=6275717

Never said he didn't have a work ethic, but nowhere near Kobe or Tim's. I guarantee you Kobe or Duncan would never show up to camp out of shape.

vlad

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4462335 said:
Never said he didn't have a work ethic, but nowhere near Kobe or Tim's. I guarantee you Kobe or Duncan would never show up to camp out of shape.

I hear you, but I think this year is an exception...by all accounts I've ever read/heard Dirk has a crazy work-ethic on par with anyone.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Once in a 13 year career and it came after a combined championship / lockout and you are going to fry him for it? :laugh2:

Besides, it wasn't that he was out of shape. He just wasn't in basket ball running shape. Dirk was in great shape physical shape.

The man has been one of the hardest working players in the NBA since day one. Don't be a tool dude.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4463343 said:
Once in a 13 year career and it came after a combined championship / lockout and you are going to fry him for it? :laugh2:

Besides, it wasn't that he was out of shape. He just wasn't in basket ball running shape. Dirk was in great shape physical shape.

The man has been one of the hardest working players in the NBA since day one. Don't be a tool dude.
It also came after he played in summer games and had orders to rest by the Mavs. Then his knee was bad and when he tried to do his regular routine of getting right for the season, he magnified the problem.

Dirk is a tireless worker. He works insane hours on his game. 100% (zero exceptions) of anyone that has been around him will tell you he works harder than all of his teammates.

If Kobe works even harder, good for him. It would hard to do, but never say never....b/c Kobe is an animal too.

No reason to bring Dirk down though.

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4463343 said:

Sounds like an excuse to me. Bottom line he was out of basketball shape and that's inexcusable.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4463535 said:
Sounds like an excuse to me. Bottom line he was out of basketball shape and that's inexcusable.

Yep, you're a tool. :laugh2:

juck

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4463343 said:

Ur Talking to a 17 year old Laker Fan. Remember that. Dirk said he didnt even think there would be a season. Questioning his work ethic is like questioning if Emmitt was tough.

juck

Reaction score
http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y194/juck/Fishtoon-Duncan.jpg
Nice win.Minus two starters and another major piece.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Huge win by Dallas, much needed after taking care of two pretty bad teams after a really bad stretch. They proved it against a top 3 team in the the west without 2 starters and West still being out.

Roddy B has been great for us lately, I'm excited to see him doing well and hope he can continue it.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Roddy is a great asset on the offensive end but he can be a big liability against teams that can make him guard a legitimate scoring threat. For all his speed and quickness he has a tough time keeping scoring guards in front of him. He reminds me of a young albeit smaller Michael Finley, a very skilled and athletic scorer who struggles with perimeter defense.

juck

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4467658 said:
Roddy is a great asset on the offensive end but he can be a big liability against teams that can make him guard a legitimate scoring threat. For all his speed and quickness he has a tough time keeping scoring guards in front of him. He reminds me of a young albeit smaller Michael Finley, a very skilled and athletic scorer who struggles with perimeter defense.
See I think Roddy has improved his defense lately. He is long. I wish he would bulk up a bit.Roddy next to DWILL could be lethal.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No Marion, no Haywood, no West.....
no problem!

Mavs 112
Nuggest 95

But the gauntlet continues

San Antonio--Win
@ Denver--Win
LA Lakers--?
@ San Antonio
@ Houston
Houston
@ Miami
@Orlando
LA Clips
Memphis

Good grief

juck

Reaction score
DFWJC;4469773 said:
No Marion, no Haywood, no West.....
no problem!

Mavs 112
Nuggest 95

But the gauntlet continues

San Antonio--Win
@ Denver--Win
LA Lakers--?
@ San Antonio
@ Houston
Houston
@ Miami
@Orlando
LA Clips
Memphis

Good grief

Its funny that when this team gets actually interested how well they can play. We get those 3 back and they actually have a drive inside them we could do damage. Odom isnt scoring a lot but doing evrything else well.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score

You don't develop arguably the most unstoppable jumpshot in NBA history without an unbelievable work ethic. Dirk spends hours shooting int he gym after everyone else has left, that's how he always has been ever since he arrived from Germany.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4463535 said:

Did you miss the first quarter of the season? The majority of the NBA was out of playing shape, minutes were WAY down across the board and most teams were playing 10-11 deep every night.

Anyway, better to be gassed at the beginning of the season than at the end like Kobe was last year. Say what you want about his work ethic, he has a great one, but the incredible mileage is catching up to him.

juck

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4469787 said:
You don't develop arguably the most unstoppable jumpshot in NBA history without an unbelievable work ethic. Dirk spends hours shooting int he gym after everyone else has left, that's how he always has been ever since he arrived from Germany.

Questioning Dirks ethic is laughable. But then again ur talking to a Lakers fan who probably is also a Yankee fan. "Lets root for all the most popular teams in sports"