2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Mavs opponent tomorrow night is Houston (in Dallas).
The Rockets just went to OT with the Kings:D

juck

Reaction score
DFWJC;4480939 said:
Mavs opponent tomorrow night is Houston (in Dallas).
The Rockets just went to OT with the Kings:D
WOOD and DWEST were doing work in practice today. Mike Fisher reported on DALLASBASKETBALL.COM

juck

Reaction score
Good thing we are home. Houston had a OT last night. Gotta get this one.

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4481968 said:
Good thing we are home. Houston had a OT last night. Gotta get this one.
Yeah, it'd be a nice win because it not only gives us an extra game but gives us the tie-breaker vs Houston.

MC KAos

Reaction score
i heard dragic got hurt too, so you guys really need to curb stomp them pretty early on to get rest, the next three games arent easy

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4482588 said:
Might just be two because LeBron hurt his ring finger and may sit out.

if he does he is a big time wuss!! thats like kobe's 13th most painful injury he has played through!

Reaction score
MC KAos;4482609 said:
if he does he is a big time wuss!! thats like kobe's 13th most painful injury he has played through!

Well in fairness it's pretty damn painful to play with. Kobe is just not human lol.

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4483045 said:
Brandon Wright Beastin!!! Great win!

I was there with my almost 4 year old...had to leave early. Brandon Wright is a huge find and the best inside player we have had in a very long time.

juck

Reaction score
offensively Wright>>>> Chandler
defensively he is getting there.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;4482609 said:

Kobe also won't be able to function when he's 60 due to all the scar tissue and nerve damage from the likely hundreds of pain injections.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4483681 said:
Talk about an overreaction to one game, Chandler is one of the top centers in the league.
Oh No NO NO my friend. Wright has been Balling like this all year on the chances he gets. The dude is fantastic around the rim and blocks many shots defensively. Chandler is a great defensive center but offensively hes actually pretty bad besides a dunk here n there.

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4483762 said:
Oh No NO NO my friend. Wright has been Balling like this all year on the chances he gets. The dude is fantastic around the rim and blocks many shots defensively. Chandler is a great defensive center but offensively hes actually pretty bad besides a dunk here n there.
Wright needs Chandler's height though.

But yes, Wright is far better than Chandler offensively. He is at least as good at blocking shots, but I'm not sure he's big enough to guard the top big men (though his huge wingspan and crazy hops help). Chandler can guard the big guys fairly well.

You're right though, now that Wright is getting more minutes he looks like an amazing find. Derek Harper is always saying on the broadcast that he clearly should be out there most of the time. "Get that man more minutes!"
There aren't that many good big men in the league--most teams don't have one, let alone two like the Lakers.
So he would fare well 80+% of the time.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4483681 said:
Talk about an overreaction to one game, Chandler is one of the top centers in the league.

He's one of the top defensive centers but his entire offensive repitoire is lob dunks and putbacks. Wright is much more gifted with the ball in his hands.