2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dirk gets a big middle finger from me......why can't he miss a clutch FT against the Spurs.......nope, doesn't happen, but he can miss one against the POS Rockets....make that 2 middle fingers for Hasselhoff's mistress.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Biggems;4478174 said:
Dirk gets a big middle finger from me......why can't he miss a clutch FT against the Spurs.......nope, doesn't happen, but he can miss one against the POS Rockets....make that 2 middle fingers for Hasselhoff's mistress.

:lmao2:

guess im too young to REALLY hate the rockets like older spurs fans do. who do old school mavs fans hate? lakers maybe? didnt they lose to them in a WCF in the 80s?

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4478178 said:

guess im too young to REALLY hate the rockets like older spurs fans do. who do old school mavs fans hate? lakers maybe? didnt they lose to them in a WCF in the 80s?
Yes in 88. The Mavs were good in mid to late 80s but you had the Lakers that dominated that era. Kinda like the Jazz were excellent but could never beat Jordan.Mark Aguirre,Brad Davis,Rolando Blackmen,Derek Harper, Sam Perkins,Detlef. Team was solid.Then the dreaded 90s came lol.

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4478673 said:
Yes in 88. The Mavs were good in mid to late 80s but you had the Lakers that dominated that era. Kinda like the Jazz were excellent but could never beat Jordan.Mark Aguirre,Brad Davis,Rolando Blackmen,Derek Harper, Sam Perkins,Detlef. Team was solid.Then the dreaded 90s came lol.
The only silver lining of that torture was that I moved my season tickets to center court, upper part of lower level:D

Those teams were soooo bad.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MC KAos;4478178 said:

Rockets really broke our hearts in the mid 90's

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
I was watching LA play and Ramon Sessions has been playing very well, which could take out LA as a suitor for D-Will which is definitely a plus for Dallas.

Also, does anyone know the status of Nick Calathes and if he is close to getting over here to the NBA? I thought it was next season but I'm not sure. I still look forward to seeing him play and would be nice to have if D-Will doesn't work out.

juck

Reaction score
Corleone;4479361 said:
I was watching LA play and Ramon Sessions has been playing very well, which could take out LA as a suitor for D-Will which is definitely a plus for Dallas.

Also, does anyone know the status of Nick Calathes and if he is close to getting over here to the NBA? I thought it was next season but I'm not sure. I still look forward to seeing him play and would be nice to have if D-Will doesn't work out.
I read on Dallasbasketball.com that Nick was doing very good. His greek team went to the finals for a tournament. Thing is i think JKIDD will back up DWILL if he comes.

juck

Reaction score
It's possible Brendan Haywood or Delonte West (and maybe both) could return Tuesday against Houston, Mavericks coach Carlisle said Saturday.
"I'd like to think so," Carlisle said. "But I don't know that. I know the progress has been good. But we don't have a set timetable. I don't think it's impossible. The hope is sooner than later."

http://mavsblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2012/03/br endan-haywood-delonte-west-could-retur.html

Finally!!!! Back to better defense!!

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4479589 said:
It's possible Brendan Haywood or Delonte West (and maybe both) could return Tuesday against Houston, Mavericks coach Carlisle said Saturday.
"I'd like to think so," Carlisle said. "But I don't know that. I know the progress has been good. But we don't have a set timetable. I don't think it's impossible. The hope is sooner than later."

http://mavsblog.***BANNED-URL***/archives/2012/03/br endan-haywood-delonte-west-could-retur.html

Finally!!!! Back to better defense!!
Good news.
I do hope Brandon Wright keeps getting minutes though. 7 blocks last game and he just keeps getting better all-around.
This final stretch is going to be SO wild for the West this year.
Teams 4-9 are in a real scramble.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
DFWJC;4479682 said:
Good news.
I do hope Brandon Wright keeps getting minutes though. 7 blocks last game and he just keeps getting better all-around.
This final stretch is going to be SO wild for the West this year.
Teams 4-9 are in a real scramble.

Indeed, Dallas could realistically finish anywhere from third in the West to missing the playoffs altogether. Getting the #3 seed would require a great run to end the year and beating LA next week.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4479704 said:
Indeed, Dallas could realistically finish anywhere from third in the West to missing the playoffs altogether. Getting the #3 seed would require a great run to end the year and beating LA next week.
The schedule doesn't look conducive to catching LAL.
I'd be fine with a healthy Mavs team slotted at 4 or 5 going in.
Home court in the 1st round would be nice though.

MC KAos

Reaction score
DFWJC;4479717 said:
The schedule doesn't look conducive to catching LAL.
I'd be fine with a healthy Mavs team slotted at 4 or 5 going in.
Home court in the 1st round would be nice though.

i think you NEED home court if you are going to be playing the grizzle in the first round. take it from me, they are AMAZING at home in the playoffs, their crowd is as good as the 07 warriors crowd.

juck

Reaction score
The West is a cluster. OKC seems to be the team. However Spurs are playing lights out too. We shall see. If it turns out that we dont do well in playoffs at least its not as bad this year considering we won it last year and its very very hard to repeat. Also I am really looking forward to what the Mavs Brass will do in the offseason.That said i sure hope we get healthy and just get in. Then anything goes. Lockout ball is wild.

DFWJC

Reaction score
MC KAos;4479746 said:
i think you NEED home court if you are going to be playing the grizzle in the first round. take it from me, they are AMAZING at home in the playoffs, their crowd is as good as the 07 warriors crowd.
I was thinking Mavs/Clippers, but it could be Memphis.

MC KAos

Reaction score
DFWJC;4479905 said:
I was thinks Mavs/Clippers, but it could be Memphis.

could be, i personally would like as many as as possible of these teams (mavs, lakers, grizzle, thunder) on the other side of the bracket. still lots of bball to play, but the mavs between a 3-5 seed looks like a lock at this point

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
MC KAos;4478178 said:

I firmly believe the 80s Mavs, with Aguirre, would beat the Mavs of this decade in a 7 game series.....I mean those Mavs stood toe to toe with Showtime.....they were very good in an era where players were allowed to be quite physical.

In this new NBA, the weakest sauce is considered a foul. Defenders are no longer allowed to defend. This is why so many finesse teams like the Mavs and Suns were able to flourish.....but at the end of the day, the teams that played hardnosed defense (Spurs, Lakers, Pistons, and Celtics) dominated the decade. Once the Mavs decided to actually embrace defense, they won a title.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
IMO, the most favorable situation is getting the 8th, and matching up with OKC. No I'm not joking.