2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4496972 said:
Dude its lockout ball. This seasons winner has an asterick by it,like the Commanders in 86 lol.

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4496979 said:
Dude its lockout ball. This seasons winner has an asterick by it,like the Commanders in 86 lol.

no, because there arent any players missing. dont make excuses for your team sucking. if you guys had the bull's record i doubt you would be saying that.

"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." #AriGold

and yours reads ****ED !!!

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4496984 said:
no, because there arent any players missing. dont make excuses for your team sucking. if you guys had the bull's record i doubt you would be saying that.

ok lol whatever u say ;)

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
juck;4496979 said:

since the SB was played in 87, they are considered the 87 skins....but dont forget the 82 skins as well.

if the Spurs win, put an asterisk all you want....at the end of the day my team will have #5.......and it will be all good.....further solidifying the Spurs as the 3rd best franchise in NBA History.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;4496984 said:

Boston fans were saying the same thing until the team turned around after the All-Star break. I'll bet none of them cry "lockout ball" if their team wins the title.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cythim;4497663 said:
Boston fans were saying the same thing until the team turned around after the All-Star break. I'll bet none of them cry "lockout ball" if their team wins the title.
True.
I don't Boston's chances either though.

I dont think things add up well for the Mavs (worse than for some teams) this year, but everyone is playing under the same rules.

I do think it is borderline asterick material, but no excuses overall.

Once the playoffs come around, teams should have time to adjust to the situation and game-plan better. That assumes they don't stuff games together in the playoffs too. I assume they won't.

It should be a whacky touney ths year. Can't say I like the Mavs odds, but the odds are rough for everyone.

juck

Reaction score
Mark Cuban let a huge chunk of his championship team go. His thinking is obviously lets purge,its a lockout season,we just won a championship. Regroup for summer of 2012. Therefore if Cuban does that. Ill go with it. Im still glowing from beating the cHeat and getting that elusive ring last year. We get DWILL and rebuild. All is good. Finally we have cap space. Cubes can now go shopping.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
We're done. I'm a big Mavs fan but I don't think we will make it past the first round. It's honesty.

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4497836 said:
Mark Cuban let a huge chunk of his championship team go. His thinking is obviously lets purge,its a lockout season,we just won a championship. Regroup for summer of 2012. Therefore if Cuban does that. Ill go with it. Im still glowing from beating the cHeat and getting that elusive ring last year. We get DWILL and rebuild. All is good. Finally we have cap space. Cubes can now go shopping.

So since Cuban and the mavs decided to rebuild this year, you wanna put an asterisk on the season? Sounds like a butt hurt homer to me!

TheCowboy;4497860 said:
We're done. I'm a big Mavs fan but I don't think we will make it past the first round. It's honesty.

If you guys draw the clippers I think you can beat them, then who knows! But the mavs need to go on a little winning streak to secure the 5 and a first round match up with the clips

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4497881 said:
So since Cuban and the mavs decided to rebuild this year, you wanna put an asterisk on the season? Sounds like a butt hurt homer to me!

If you guys draw the clippers I think you can beat them, then who knows! But the mavs need to go on a little winning streak to secure the 5 and a first round match up with the clips
After last summers glory how could I be butt hurt? As a Mavs fan that was monumental to us. Its an asterick season cause its shortened. No training camp. No practices. Stern pushed over 50 games in that condensed season. Its completely an asterick season no matter who wins. Thats why I wouldnt mind seeing the 3 stooges win cause they are going to eventually. Might as well have a big asterick by it.BTW if Cuban isnt butthurt I am not lol.I can honestly say this team isnt very good. Too many one year contracts,players know we are playing for next year.I am actually excited for the summer. Apparently so is DWILL.Conor Orr:Think Deron Williams is looking forward to the offseason? "19 days'' he said after the game. Yep. 19 days left in the season after tonight Twitter

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4498244 said:
After last summers glory how could I be butt hurt? As a Mavs fan that was monumental to us. Its an asterick season cause its shortened. No training camp. No practices. Stern pushed over 50 games in that condensed season. Its completely an asterick season no matter who wins. Thats why I wouldnt mind seeing the 3 stooges win cause they are going to eventually. Might as well have a big asterick by it.BTW if Cuban isnt butthurt I am not lol.I can honestly say this team isnt very good. Too many one year contracts,players know we are playing for next year.I am actually excited for the summer. Apparently so is DWILL.Conor Orr:Think Deron Williams is looking forward to the offseason? "19 days'' he said after the game. Yep. 19 days left in the season after tonight Twitter

its an asterisk season to you because you have already given up on your team, which is stupid. even though i hate them, i know they still have a chance.

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4498325 said:
its an asterisk season to you because you have already given up on your team, which is stupid. even though i hate them, i know they still have a chance.
They have given up. Not me.Mavs brass gave up when they let huge pieces go and signed a bunch of one year players.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MC KAos;4498325 said:
its an asterisk season to you because you have already given up on your team

You mean he only cheers for a team when they are winning?

Who could have ever seen that coming ........ :lmao2:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Heisenberg;4499077 said:
And Odom and the Mavs are parting ways:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/7791431/dallas-mavericks-lamar-odom-sever-ties-immediately

If that trade had even REMOTELY worked out, this would be an entirely different season. He was just so terrible.

The Odom fiasco was a huge reason why this team has struggled. If they could get his production and attitudfe from last season, like they hoped, then the team would be fine.
But I don't think he's at all a bad guy. It was just one of those deals that the chemistry and fit didn't work out like many thought it could.

The Mavs generally go overboard to accommodate players, and even in this case, I think Odom will benefit: just take the offseason to get his head straight and come back next year (if he wishes) and help some other team.

The Mavs benefit because he had literally sucked the life out that locker room all season. They aren't used to having guys there that really don't want to be there.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
DFWJC;4499140 said:
But I don't think he's at all a bad guy.

Depends on what you mean by "bad guy". Criminal and thug? No. Mentally soft guy who has no problem stealing money with half hearted effort? It's pretty much been his MO for most of his career.

Hope he wasn't planning on another big contract for the rest of his career. He's completely Baron Davis'd his career after his effort this season. He can blame or excuse it on whatever he wants, the tape doesn't lie.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4499226 said:
It's sad what's happened to Lamar, but he has no one to blame but himself.

I don't think he is even trying. I think he is so pissed about being traded that he is giving up.

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4499283 said:
I don't think he is even trying. I think he is so pissed about being traded that he is giving up.

I don't think there's any doubt he's not trying. He is incredibly mentally weak. He could've just been like Pau and stayed on the Lakers. Pau understood the NBA was a business and that's why he's still on the team. People say Odom was insulted or whatever but why? He got traded for the best point guard in the NBA not some scrub. Then he started *****ing and he got traded again.