2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

DFWJC

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4499171 said:
Depends on what you mean by "bad guy". Criminal and thug? No. Mentally soft guy who has no problem stealing money with half hearted effort? It's pretty much been his MO for most of his career.

Hope he wasn't planning on another big contract for the rest of his career. He's completely Baron Davis'd his career after his effort this season. He can blame or excuse it on whatever he wants, the tape doesn't lie.
Yeah, he torpedoed his team this year.
They were looking pretty strong before the all-star break. Then he goes off the reservation for a week and, regardless of his direct play, he became a cancer in that locker room. Chemistry was one the biggest assets there, so to have someone who clearly did not want there undermining things by his apathy, was fairly catastrophic.

juck

Reaction score
Mike Fisher said on friday he came in 90 minutes late to shoot around. Everyone was like ***. This was before they played Portland. Even Dirk commented that he has nothing more to say about that situation.

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4499296 said:
Mike Fisher said on friday he came in 90 minutes late to shoot around. Everyone was like ***. This was before they played Portland. Even Dirk commented that he has nothing more to say about that situation.
Well, hopefully they will remove the Lamar and Kloe advertisements right away as well.

juck

Reaction score
DFWJC;4499302 said:
Well, hopefully they will remove the Lamar and Kloe advertisements right away as well.
Donnie and Cubes were smart tho at least in the fact they just make him inactive and can trade him july 1. I think before july 1. Either way maybe get a pick.

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4499327 said:
Donnie and Cubes were smart tho at least in the fact they just make him inactive and can trade him july 1. I think before july 1. Either way maybe get a pick.
Both Kidd and Dirk had big issues with his attitude. Kidd returns this week....makes you wonder.

It'll be interesting to see how the team responds down the stretch. They really needed those extra minutes at the 4. Even if they were empty minutes it helped Dirk stay fresh.

But you can never underestimate a team once again all pulling in the same direction.
Now if they could just get up to the 4 or 5 spot.

I don't at all like their odds anyway, but it'd be nice to see an interesting series or two.

juck

Reaction score
Maybe the play for next year attitude will change. Hopefully they start caring and playing like it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I hope no team will sign him for anything more than league minimum next year.

Blacklist his ***.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
It's almost hard to say but Kobe may have been under appreciated during those Championship teams considering the mental midgets he was surrounded with between Odom, Gasol (I'm phoning in the playoffs because my girlfriend dumped me), and Bynum. He had to have the will to win and the stones to cover for three or four players.

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4499708 said:
It's almost hard to say but Kobe may have been under appreciated during those Championship teams considering the mental midgets he was surrounded with between Odom, Gasol (I'm phoning in the playoffs because my girlfriend dumped me), and Bynum. He had to have the will to win and the stones to cover for three or four players.

:laugh2: @ Gasol/Bynum being mental midgets. If Gasol was such a mental midget why didn't he demand a trade as well? Why didn't Bynum demand one when he was being mentioned in a possible Howard deal?

I hate when people (Mostly Kobe fans) try to discredit Kobe's great supporting cast just to make him look better. He's had a GREAT supporting cast for most of his career except for the post Shaq and pre Gasol era. Kobe doesn't win a title without those so called mental midgets.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I posted a few months ago tha tI thought the issue with Odom was that he didn't fit well in a conventional offensive scheme. I think the fact that L.A. went away from the triangle was the main reason Odom was shipped from L.A. I think we saw exactly that in Dallas. He needs to be in a different offense or he's lost in a conventional offense IMO.

MC KAos

Reaction score
The criticism of gasol is very undeserving since he was traded. Yeah, when he was in memphis he was kind of soft, but i think playing for phil jackson really sparked something in him, that guy is as good as they get now a days at the PF position.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4499757 said:
:laugh2: @ Gasol/Bynum being mental midgets. If Gasol was such a mental midget why didn't he demand a trade as well? Why didn't Bynum demand one when he was being mentioned in a possible Howard deal?

I hate when people (Mostly Kobe fans) try to discredit Kobe's great supporting cast just to make him look better. He's had a GREAT supporting cast for most of his career except for the post Shaq and pre Gasol era. Kobe doesn't win a title without those so called mental midgets.

There are other ways of being a mental midget other than demanding trades. Paul Gasol completely checked out of a playoffs last year because he missed his girlfriend. We have a word for that, and it's a nickname for cats. And Bynum can't keep his composure when thing are going bad without acting like a playground bully and settling personal scores rather than focusing on winning games.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4499803 said:
I posted a few months ago tha tI thought the issue with Odom was that he didn't fit well in a conventional offensive scheme. I think the fact that L.A. went away from the triangle was the main reason Odom was shipped from L.A. I think we saw exactly that in Dallas. He needs to be in a different offense or he's lost in a conventional offense IMO.

Odom was a 17 and 10 guy in his last year with the Heat without playing in the triangle.

Odom is talented enough to play in any scheme (when he feels like it), as long as it keeps his feet free from getting tangled up in his tampon string.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4500384 said:
Odom was a 17 and 10 guy in his last year with the Heat without playing in the triangle.

Odom is talented enough to play in any scheme (when he feels like it), as long as it keeps his feet free from getting tangled up in his tampon string.

The league should black-list him. He can give all his cash to his dead-beat dad then flip burgers at McDonalds.

juck

Reaction score
Check this- Just a rumor but who knows-EXPLOSIVE RUMOR - from one of the girlfriends of a Dallas Mavericks player. Word is that on Saturday night, after the Mavericks LOST to the Memphis Grizzlies Dallas superstar DIRK NOWITZKI and LAMAR ODOM got into an altercation.
[FONT=helveticaneue, "helvetica neue", helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Word in the locker room is that Dirk was unhappy with Lamar's lack of focus and he confronted him, and when Lamar challenged Dirk back - it WAS ON. And get this . . . we hear that Dirk was GETTING THE BETTER of Lamar before teammates broke it up.[/FONT]

[FONT=helveticaneue, "helvetica neue", helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Two days after the altercation . . . Lamar got DROPPED!!! Dang, Khloe come get your man . . . dude is taking a WHOLE LOTTA Ls!!
[/FONT]

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4500638 said:
Check this- Just a rumor but who knows-EXPLOSIVE RUMOR - from one of the girlfriends of a Dallas Mavericks player. Word is that on Saturday night, after the Mavericks LOST to the Memphis Grizzlies Dallas superstar DIRK NOWITZKI and LAMAR ODOM got into an altercation.
[FONT=helveticaneue, "helvetica neue", helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Word in the locker room is that Dirk was unhappy with Lamar's lack of focus and he confronted him, and when Lamar challenged Dirk back - it WAS ON. And get this . . . we hear that Dirk was GETTING THE BETTER of Lamar before teammates broke it up.[/FONT]

[FONT=helveticaneue, "helvetica neue", helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Two days after the altercation . . . Lamar got DROPPED!!! Dang, Khloe come get your man . . . dude is taking a WHOLE LOTTA Ls!![/FONT]
[FONT=helveticaneue, "helvetica neue", helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

LOL

Like I was saying earlier, I had heard more than once that both J Kidd and Dirk had been VERY ticked with Lamar. This goes back to hiatus after the all-star break and really came to a a head in that Lakers game (1 pt, 1 rb, 24 minutes).

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I don't doubt it. You could tell in the post game interview that Dirk had enough when he was asked about Odom.

I like the "get this" part of that article that describes Dirk laying the wood to Odom, as though it's completely out of the realm of thought that one of the biggest warriors in NBA, a guy who has served a year of military service out of high school, would get the better of one of the softest players in the NBA who would rather focus on being a reality TV star.

MC KAos

Reaction score
if he goes back to the lakers next year and plays good again, ill choke him with a twizzler!

MC KAos

Reaction score
thought this was pretty funny

303306_10150711444003643_31881783642_9158944_1543498113_n.jpg

Reaction score
MC KAos;4500775 said:
if he goes back to the lakers next year and plays good again, ill choke him with a twizzler!

They can't sign him until after December anyways. He should just retire.