2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4500384 said:
Odom was a 17 and 10 guy in his last year with the Heat without playing in the triangle.

Odom is talented enough to play in any scheme (when he feels like it), as long as it keeps his feet free from getting tangled up in his tampon string.

All well and good but Miami was not a set offense team in 2003-04, the only season he played in Miami. They had Wade and a bunch of guys running the wing trying to start early offense. The talent is not in question but the offense in which he can be effective is. Clearly, he had problems in Dallas. His best two years were his first two with the Clippers and his one year in Miami. Another words, teams who ran wide open fast break, early offense. What changed? The Clippers drafted Elton Brand and made him the focus of the offense, more of a post oriented offense.

Odom in Miami for a single season in 2003-04 had great numbers in another open floor, early offense scheme. What changed in 2004-05? Miami brought in Shaq and the offense changed. They knew what Odom was and so they moved him.

Has nothing to do with his talent. Those are your words and they don't really mean anything other then he's talented enough to play in the NBA. Well, yeah, we know that. However, that doesn't mean he fits every offense because he is not a physical pounding player in the post and he will not fit in that kind of offense, especially in his 13th season in the NBA. He didn't fit, clearly, in Dallas.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MC KAos;4500775 said:
if he goes back to the lakers next year and plays good again, ill choke him with a twizzler!

I don't really see that happening. L.A. now runs more of a set offense or a post oriented offense. The Lakers moved him because they didn't believe he would be effective in that offense.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4501765 said:
All well and good but Miami was not a set offense team in 2003-04, the only season he played in Miami. They had Wade and a bunch of guys running the wing trying to start early offense. The talent is not in question but the offense in which he can be effective is. Clearly, he had problems in Dallas. His best two years were his first two with the Clippers and his one year in Miami. Another words, teams who ran wide open fast break, early offense. What changed? The Clippers drafted Elton Brand and made him the focus of the offense, more of a post oriented offense.

If you don't think Pat Freakin Riley wasn't running offensive sets in Miami, you don't know very much.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;4501822 said:
If you don't think Pat Freakin Riley wasn't running offensive sets in Miami, you don't know very much.

Nice justification. If I don't think Pat Riley wasn't running sets.......

OK, back at you, if you don't think Pat Riley, the Head Coach of the Show Time Lakers, doesn't understand how to push the ball then you don't know very much.

What are we five?

DFWJC

Reaction score
A win is a win!

Keep it going tonight vs Portland.

Mainly I want them to be healthy and playing well going in to the Playoffs.

I'm not sure the seeding even matters at this point because they will be on the road and it will be vs either OKC, SA, LAC, or LAL.....which will all be tough.

MC KAos

Reaction score
I hope the mavs continue to win and bump the gizzle to the sixth seed

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4505724 said:
No. :bang2: :bang2:

:lmao:

I'm still holding out hope the lakers, grizzle and thunder will be in the opposite bracket from the spurs!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Resting Kidd....it showed.
A win is a win. Unbeaten sans Odom.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Way to go guys! Finish the season on a roll, that 5 seed might be yours yet! *fingers crossed*

DFWJC

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4506419 said:
Doubt it. They're still 2.5 games behind the Paperclips.
They are a game behind Memphis for the 5 seed, but Memphis has the tie-breaker.
The Clips are in the 4 seed right now.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Big game today, both Dallas and LA are on a bit of a roll and if Dallas can beat them it will push the Lakers into a tie for third with the Clippers. This is important because while it is unlikely that Dallas can get the 5 seed, it is very plausible that the Clippers (who have a pretty easy schedule over the last two weeks of the season) could jump the Lakers for the 3 seed. I think Dallas would have a much better chance at taking out the Clippers as they are a team that relies purely on jumpshooting and athleticism and bad shooting nights doom them to failure.

Bluestang

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4507776 said:
This is absurd, 7 of the Lakers last 10 points are illegitimate.

I don't know how they left Gasol open in the same spot after he nailed the first one.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Hard to take that loss seriously, the refs gave Los Angeles 7 points and then refused to call the late intentional foul until time had almost expired.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Surprised that the lakers got favorable officiating? Really? You don't keep up with the NBA do you?

Bluestang

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4507787 said:
Hard to take that loss seriously, the refs gave Los Angeles 7 points and then refused to call the late intentional foul until time had almost expired.

Aren't they guaranteed to make the playoffs anyways? If so then the game doesn't mean much anyways for both teams.

Reaction score
The30YardSlant;4507787 said:

Mavs fans whining about officiating what else is new?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;4507788 said:
Surprised that the lakers got favorable officiating? Really? You don't keep up with the NBA do you?

I'm not surprised, but favorable officiating implies biased judgement calls. The refs just didnt make the correct call on black/white plays late. Barnes WAS out of bounds and then DID touch Gasol's shot, and Marion DID intentionally foul Gasol.

I'm rarely one to complain about officating, but that was as bad as I've seen in a while. They just gave the Lakers the game. Even the announcers were complaining about it.