2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys&LakersFan;4507791 said:
Mavs fans whining about officiating what else is new?

I'm a Lakers' fan too, but even I have to admit some of those calls were bad.

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4507788 said:
Surprised that the lakers got favorable officiating? Really? You don't keep up with the NBA do you?
Exactly. Them and the Heat always get calls. Stern loves the money.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jammer;4507816 said:
I'm a Lakers' fan too, but even I have to admit some of those calls were bad.
The Mavs have no excuses....they should beat LA without Kobe.

No doubt though, those were so baffling calls down the stretch. That was basket interference on that 3 pointer for starters.
But in the end, it should not come down to that. The mavs were only missing one regular player (Roddy B) this time and they were missing the league's leading scorer.
I loved the intensity in the 4th quarter by both clubs...definitely playoff basketball atmosphere.

I'll be curious to see if Dirk was under the weather some. He didn't seem like himself and was sweating way more than normal.
I assume he was fine and just didn't have a good game.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;4507806 said:
That's their mo....It's almost skinfan like...:(

Whoops, got indirectly called about by your own fanmates. :laugh2:

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4508090 said:
Call me when you get some pubs.

Call me when you get some class. Grow the **** up dude. Attacking me and other Laker fans by calling us fat seriously quit acting like a ****ing child.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4508315 said:
Call me when you get some class. Grow the **** up dude. Attacking me and other Laker fans by calling us fat seriously quit acting like a ****ing child.

I thought being home schooled taught you a better vocabulary. There goes that myth.

Respond. But be smarter about it.

It does seem like you are concerned about your image however. It's up to you to do something about it. Here's an example or few...If someone thinks that their smile/nose/skin/hair etc., is not good looking, they do something to fix it. You have to expect to be teased about your flaws sometimes. It doesn't make it mean or make it an attack. It's life.

You are attacking players/coaches of different sports all the time that would wipe the floor with you. They can be better, but you can be as well. Build your own self confidence by being the best you can be. Once you get there it won't matter what other people say.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;4507806 said:
That's their mo....It's almost skinfan like...:(

Question, how many of you bandwagon Laker fans have seen officiating singlehandedly take a championship away from you?

I'll be waiting.

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4508407 said:
I thought being home schooled taught you a better vocabulary. There goes that myth.

Respond. But be smarter about it.

It does seem like you are concerned about your image however. It's up to you to do something about it. Here's an example or few...If someone thinks that their smile/nose/skin/hair etc., is not good looking, they do something to fix it. You have to expect to be teased about your flaws sometimes. It doesn't make it mean or make it an attack. It's life.

You are attacking players/coaches of different sports all the time that would wipe the floor with you. They can be better, but you can be as well. Build your own self confidence by being the best you can be. Once you get there it won't matter what other people say.

Are you seriously trying to condone what he said in the Lakers thread? Wow I would've expected more from you.

juck

Reaction score
gmoney112;4508467 said:
Question, how many of you bandwagon Laker fans have seen officiating singlehandedly take a championship away from you?

I'll be waiting.
You will wait forever. Lakers are like Yankees of the NBA. Money matters. Primadonnas. Same with Miami Heat. OKC is starting to get ref special attention too. Clippers are going to get it too in playoffs just watch.Stars pay Sterns salary.I bet Stern hates when Spurs,or Dallas or a team minus flamboyant stars win. I never see Dirk,Timmy,Parker,JET on commercials and videos etc....

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4508506 said:
Are you seriously trying to condone what he said in the Lakers thread? Wow I would've expected more from you.

Wow is right.

Did I say at any point that I condone it ?
I said expect it. He is teasing you. Are you seriously never teased ?

If you think you are a fat *** do something about it. That's not on him. It's on you.

I have a little beer belly (about 4 pounds over my ideal weight) that I could get rid of. But I am not fat or sloppy. I could get rid of it if I cared. I know who I am and make the choice to continue to have a little bit of a belly by continuing to drink beer right ?

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;4508577 said:
Wow is right.

Did I say at any point that I condone it ?
I said expect it. He is teasing you. Are you seriously never teased ?

If you think you are a fat *** do something about it. That's not on him. It's on you.

I have a little beer belly (about 4 pounds over my ideal weight) that I could get rid of. But I am not fat or sloppy. I could get rid of it if I cared. I know who I am and make the choice to continue to have a little bit of a belly by continuing to drink beer right ?

I'm doing something about it. I've been working out for nearly a year. I lost about 70 pounds in that time frame. Am I still overweight? Yes, but not nearly as much as before.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4508587 said:
I'm doing something about it. I've been working out for nearly a year. I lost about 70 pounds in that time frame. Am I still overweight? Yes, but not nearly as much as before.

Let's not hijack from the thread any further. Ugh. My apologies folks.

Let's just agree that it was nice to sweep the Mavs this year after getting punked last season in the playoffs.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tough challenge for the Mavs at Utah after the loss in OT yesterday.
They were down big but are closing down the stretch with Dirk going off.
But Terry has been terrible?..Carter trying to take up the slack.....
83-80 Utah w/ 2 mins