2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Holly crap dirk's prediction was right on the money! I should have bet that game!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Think of it this way, the 15th best PG is probably kyrie irvin, the 15th best center is who? Ronny turiaf? Good defensive Centers are at a premium

Reaction score
MC KAos;4511309 said:
Think of it this way, the 15th best PG is probably kyrie irvin, the 15th best center is who? Ronny turiaf? Good defensive Centers are at a premium

Stop it man Deron when healthy is arguably the best point guard in the game. Chandler is a good player, but nowhere near Williams level.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;4511300 said:
I'd rather have chandler than Darren Williams!

Deron Williams is a top three point guard and arguably the best scoring/passing combo threat of any guard in the league. Chandler is a good defender and rebounder, but come on man. Deron Williams + Dirk on the pick and roll would be unstoppable.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4511311 said:
Stop it man Deron when healthy is arguably the best point guard in the game. Chandler is a good player, but nowhere near Williams level.

True, but again, there are like 5 good centers in the league! Plus chandler is a great locker room guy! Dwill might be the most talented PG in the league, but he is also got Jerry Sloan fired and himself traded!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Let's just say, if I was a GM I'd rather take my chances with chandler at a lower rate and try to get one of the other 14 good point guards in the league!

DFWJC

Reaction score
MC KAos;4511329 said:
True, but again, there are like 5 good centers in the league! Plus chandler is a great locker room guy! Dwill might be the most talented PG in the league, but he is also got Jerry Sloan fired and himself traded!
Well, Chandler did want out of Dallas.
He wanted NYC or LA

MC KAos

Reaction score
DFWJC;4511346 said:
Well, Chandler did want out of Dallas.
He wanted NYC or LA

And that's a shame! I wonder why? It just seems so weird to me to let the second most important part of a title team go, or that he wouldn't want to stay for the same money or a little less since there are no taxes. I wonder if he had beef with someone.

Alweezy

Reaction score
MC KAos;4511309 said:

There is truth to this statement, and the fact that it was so easily dismissed is dissapointing.

The Mavericks won a championship with JJ Barea running the point for signficant minutes. You've already proven that you don't need the arguably #1 PG in the game to win a ring because JJ already proved it.

You look at the combination of big men that have walked through the AAC, Dampier, Haywood Shawn Bradley, Raef Lafrentz, Diop, Mbenga so forth and so on... definitely nobody to write home on, and the results even with very talented PG's such as Devin Harris, Jason Kidd, and Steve Nash were great regular seasons but playoff exits.

Chandler was your missing piece. And it is not coincidence the Mavericks had their best success with him in the lineup, and have come back down to earth with him gone.

D-Will could help you get out of the 6-7 hole and back into the top 4, but I don't think it'll be as great of a long term improvement as getting a top of the line Center. We shall see though.

juck

Reaction score
MC KAos;4511355 said:
And that's a shame! I wonder why? It just seems so weird to me to let the second most important part of a title team go, or that he wouldn't want to stay for the same money or a little less since there are no taxes. I wonder if he had beef with someone.
Mavs did not offer him the amount he got or he would have stayed. Chandler has an awful injury history. He is very good,not a MAx guy however.People forget he was a JAG before last year basically.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Even with Chandler at a bargain price last year, the Mavs were carrying 5 very large contracts that were not expiring.
In any case, they planned (hoped) to bite the bullet hard this year and sign Chandler to a giant 1 year deal (they offered 20 million for one year) and then try to work through the contract mess in 2013.

Chandler and his agent wanted NYC or LA due to lifestyle and especially endorsment income. Plus, there was some tension with Chandler and some of the they guys in the locker room, but nothing overwhelming. Dirk, as you know, was a big Chandler fan. Haywood had been signed a very large contract right before they were able to land Chandler, so they were stuck there. etc,etc,etc

A poster earlier in this thread said he couldn't see how Chandler was easily dismissed. Thats crazy. Nelson, Cuban, and Carlisle stressed over this all of the long offseason!
They would have probabaly have had to move terry and Marion if they were going to give Chandler a long -term deal in 2012.

It just didn't work out.

We won a title and this is a great franchise...maybe one of the top 4-5 over the last decade. They will do everything in their power to get back to the top in the future.

Let's move forward.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jason Terry is an amazing 4th qtr scorer, but man he makes some legendary boneheaded plays.

Come on Mav, put the Rockets out of their misery

Dirk has 27 in the half

juck

Reaction score
Dirk is beastin!!!! 29 in second half. Great win. Win friday we are in then can relax.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
juck;4514777 said:
playoffs!!

YES...

I don't think any of these teams could match up to the Lakers, Bulls, Pistons, Celtics of twenty years ago, but this is the most evenly matched year top to bottom in a long time...

Obviously the Bulls, Heat and Thunder will be favored, but this is anybody's year...

juck

Reaction score
I kinda hope they drop into 7th or 8th cause we match up better with OKC and SA then Lakers.