2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

Reaction score
MC KAos;4517900 said:
dissagre, i think they want no part of the lakers, they would rather play okc

I agree. Even though they swept us last year I think they know this year is different and they matchup horribly with them because of Chandler and Barea's abscence and Terry/Dirk's decline from last season.

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4517792 said:
I dont think the Mavs care who they play. Just wanna be healthy and ready.
I agree 100%
They have said repeatedly that they want to be healthy and the foe does not matter b/c they learned last year you'll have to meet them at some point anyway. No chicksh** worrying about who you play and don't play--it's useless.
Control what you can control.

The Mavs won't be favored in any 1st rd series except possibly LAC. They do matchup better with OKC, but if they do what they hope to do they may face them regardless....same with LAL.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If we had Tyson and JJ we probably woul'dve repeated this year.

Oh well.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
juck;4539621 said:
What r u gonna do? Lucky bounce . chit happens.

Yeah... Im not expecting to move on from this series even though I like the matchup.

Management wasn't really playing for this year and it kinda gives these guys a built in excuse.

Reaction score
CATCH17;4539625 said:
If we had Tyson and JJ we probably woul'dve repeated this year.

Oh well.

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Look there's no guarantee they would've even won the West had they resigned those guys much less win it all. It's hard to win once, but to repeat is damn near impossible. There's a reason it's only been done once in the last decade.

Also it's just one game relax. You guys gave this game away. I still have y'all winning the series, but game 2 is a must win.

juck

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4539635 said:

Look there's no guarantee they would've even won the West had they resigned those guys much less win it all. It's hard to win once, but to repeat is damn near impossible. There's a reason it's only been done once in the last decade.

Also it's just one game relax. You guys gave this game away. I still have y'all winning the series, but game 2 is a must win.
Dude the west isnt that great. Spurs are the best team this year in west but they wont beat the cHeat. cHeat are too good and again Stern loves the money. In fact if OKC goes to the wcf and plays Spurs OKC is gonna get all calls too.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4539635 said:

Im pretty confident they would've won. The shortened season plus the chemistry they had vs all these other teams wouldn't have been fair.

Teams like the Heat and OKC are just playing run and gun basketball and the Mavs actually played team basketball. Thats why I think they would've had a huge advantage.

Whatever though. It will be interesting to see what they put together this offseason.

juck

Reaction score
CATCH17;4539632 said:
Yeah... Im not expecting to move on from this series even though I like the matchup.

Management wasn't really playing for this year and it kinda gives these guys a built in excuse.
Exactly. Imagine right now if we had DWILL. Good night West. lol..

juck

Reaction score
Over at Dallasbasketball.com theres a lil saying everyone has on there sig."Won championship dont care" haha Just cause its obvious management wasnt caring about this year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
juck;4539652 said:
Exactly. Imagine right now if we had DWILL. Good night West. lol..

I think we'd still need another big man.

I like the OKC matchup because they don't have a post presence. LA would probably sweep us if Kobe doesn't ball hog and gives Bynum the rock.

We're stuck with Haywood for awhile. I just really wish we had Tyson. I miss that guy.

juck

Reaction score
CATCH17;4539659 said:
I think we'd still need another big man.

I like the OKC matchup because they don't have a post presence. LA would probably sweep us if Kobe doesn't ball hog and gives Bynum the rock.

We're stuck with Haywood for awhile. I just really wish we had Tyson. I miss that guy.
#amnestyHaywood lol Im feeling Lopez or Spencer Hawes. We def will get a new center and Dwight still isnt out of reach. If he demands a trade look out.

If we dont get DWILL I will be very upset however I would not mind Dragic and a very good center.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
juck;4539669 said:
#amnestyHaywood lol Im feeling Lopez or Spencer Hawes. We def will get a new center and Dwight still isnt out of reach. If he demands a trade look out.

If we dont get DWILL I will be very upset however I would not mind Dragic and a very good center.

D Will is pretyy much a done deal. He'll be a Mav next season. I don't see how it doesn't happen

juck

Reaction score
CATCH17;4539679 said:
D Will is pretyy much a done deal. He'll be a Mav next season. I don't see how it doesn't happen
I hope. I really hope. I wanna see DWILL and Dirk play together. I hope we can keep JET too. KIDD will play for vet min. Keep Delonte,Wright. and maybe Vince. We have 17th pick. We will amnesty Haywood and probably trade Marion. We def will need a center no matter what. Cubes has money this summer. We know Cubes dont mess about.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
juck;4539686 said:
I hope. I really hope. I wanna see DWILL and Dirk play together. I hope we can keep JET too. KIDD will play for vet min. Keep Delonte,Wright. and maybe Vince. We have 17th pick. We will amnesty Haywood and probably trade Marion. We def will need a center no matter what. Cubes has money this summer. We know Cubes dont mess about.

Oh yeah. If it's hurting us fans than you know its killing him watching the team be so close like this.

We wasted a valuable year with dirk.

I believe Donnie will hook it up in Free Agency though. Im surprised we are as good of a team as we are with this current squad.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just watched that shot again: front of the rim, bounced high, hit the backboard, bounced in. Ouch.
Then, unlike Kidd, he missed a very wide open (and fast) Jason Terry on the left side and instead threw it Marion who was blanketed. The odd s were slim, but they even had a chance there.
Terry ddin't get the ball much in the 4th even though he was on fire on game.

Face it, they blew a decent lead with only a couple of minutes left.

The Mavs are great at adjusting though, but how do you adjust when you already outplayed the other team and lost?
Tough road ahead possibly.

juck

Reaction score
DFWJC;4539699 said:
Just watched that shot again: front of the rim, bounced high, hit the backboard, bounced in. Ouch.
Then, unlike Kidd, he missed a very wide open (and fast) Jason Terry on the left side and instead threw it Marion who was blanketed. The odd s were slim, but they even had a chance there.
Terry ddin't get the ball much in the 4th even though he was on fire on game.

Face it, they blew a decent lead with only a couple of minutes left.

The Mavs are great at adjusting though, but how do you adjust when you already outplayed the other team and lost?
Tough road ahead possibly.

Game 2 is MUST WIN.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Our post defense is sooooo terrible.

So far we've made Ibaka and Perkins look like Barkley and Shaq in their prime.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Let's not forget, these games are almost identical in competiveness to last year's. They are coming down to one or two shots in the clisng seconds.

Last year, Dallas was able to steal a couple of wins by a point or two after OKC blew huge leads.

This series is no different except the young guns at OKC have another year under their belt and Dallas has had a few very bad breaks in the closing seconds.

Last year OKC could have (should have?) won 3 at home instead of 1 and this year Dallas easily could be up 2-0.

it's just a very, very even match.