2011-12 Dallas Mavericks thread.

MC KAos

Reaction score
I think you guys would get killed by the thunder, but the spurs would be interesting. With rivalries like that you never know, I hope we don't get matched up to be honest! I'd rather play the suns or jazz, we would most likely sweep them. You could beat the clippers too, so maybe you guys should cheer for them and the lakers to lose

Reaction score
MC KAos;4515337 said:
I think you guys would get killed by the thunder, but the spurs would be interesting. With rivalries like that you never know, I hope we don't get matched up to be honest! I'd rather play the suns or jazz, we would most likely sweep them. You could beat the clippers too, so maybe you guys should cheer for them and the lakers to lose

They can beat OKC.

DFWJC

Reaction score
MC KAos;4515337 said:
We'll agree to disagree on that one.

juck

Reaction score
I kinda want the Spurs and be in that LAC/MEM bracket if we win. We will be healthy and rested. No matter what you gotta play the best to get where you want. Im just happy we made the playoffs for the 12th consectutive year. Do our best.Three Stooges are probably gonna win this year. Then comes Summer of FA and can finally spend some cash. Cubes has been waiting for this moment for years.Cmon home DWILL.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
DFWJC;4515347 said:
We'll agree to disagree on that one.

Yeah, That was the entire point of getting a quicker, more aggressive PG.

I think the Lakers are better defensively (when focused), but some interesting matchups for both teams.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;4515337 said:
I think you guys would get killed by the thunder

I disagree. OKC won the first game against Dallas on a three-pointer at the buzzer, Dallas blew then out in the second game and OKC won the last two meetings by a combined 10 points.

I think a Dallas/OKC series would go seven because, just like last year, they have nobody who can contain Dirk. When Nick Collison is your best hope of stopping one of the greatest perimeter scorers ever, you are always in danger.

juck

Reaction score
We may just get the Clips first round. Clips according to Yahoo are 3-2 in season series against lakers. Laker play OKC then Sac. Clips play NO,ATL(who have nothing to play for) and Knicks. Clips may get the 3rd seed. We match up better with them. Then again We swept the Lakers last year with no problem. Who knows?

DFWJC

Reaction score
juck;4516647 said:
We may just get the Clips first round. Clips according to Yahoo are 3-2 in season series against lakers. Laker play OKC then Sac. Clips play NO,ATL(who have nothing to play for) and Knicks. Clips may get the 3rd seed. We match up better with them. Then again We swept the Lakers last year with no problem. Who knows?
Clips are 1-2 vs Lakers this year.

juck

Reaction score
DFWJC;4516660 said:
Clips are 1-2 vs Lakers this year.
I hate the Lakers. Almost as much as Heat. Tied. Both drama filled teams. Ko-ME Bryant is the biggest baby in NBA next to Wade and the Queen.

Reaction score
juck;4516878 said:
I hate the Lakers. Almost as much as Heat. Tied. Both drama filled teams. Ko-ME Bryant is the biggest baby in NBA next to Wade and the Queen.

As a Laker fan I love to hear this.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
juck;4516878 said:

Kobe isnt a baby, he's just a word that rhymes with "crick".

MC KAos

Reaction score
i think you guys convinced me, the mavs best bet might be playing the thunder! the nuggets are KILLING the suns, so if they hold on, and you guys lose to the bulls, you would be the 7 seed and most likely play the thunder.

i hope you guys beat the bulls though, it would help the spurs out tremendously!

MC KAos

Reaction score
the mavs are resting some key guys today, maybe they do want the thunder!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
thanks for nothing....just another reason to hate the Mavs.....all you had to do was beat the Bulls, but no.....

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Looking at the remaining schedules...

Denver has Orlando, OKC and Minnesota left. Odds are they go 2-1 and possibly 1-2. If they go 1-2, Dallas gets the #6 seed no matter what. If they go 2-1, Dallas has to beat Atlanta on Thursday, and if Atlanta loses against New York today they will have absolutely nothing to play for and will likely rest players.

The Clippers are going to win out unless they lose a game they have no business losing, and the Lakers are probably going to finish 1-1. Odds are the Clippers will hold the #3 seed when it's all said and done.

I'm really hoping for a 3/6 matchup with the Clippers. They play very average defense and rely more on the outside jumpshot than any team in basketball. When they arent knocking down threes games can get away from them quickly.

juck

Reaction score
I dont think the Mavs care who they play. Just wanna be healthy and ready.

MC KAos

Reaction score
juck;4517792 said:
I dont think the Mavs care who they play. Just wanna be healthy and ready.

dissagre, i think they want no part of the lakers, they would rather play okc