2012 London Olympics thread *Spoilers*

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Sam I Am;4644959 said:
Damn! Talk about sticking a landing!

[URL="https://lh4.***BROKEN***/-KOqCsxr0fy8/UBrF85OOH2I/AAAAAAAAm2k/lqQBYgxDNWc/w497-h373/expectations.gif"]https://lh4.***BROKEN***/-KOqCsxr0fy8/UBrF85OOH2I/AAAAAAAAm2k/lqQBYgxDNWc/w497-h373/expectations.gif[/URL]

Yep, they brought her just for that event and did she deliver.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;4645142 said:
Yep, they brought her just for that event and did she deliver.

The announcers made the comment her Olympic experience was going to be all of 2 minutes :D

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Ren;4644796 said:
Some of the regions don't even have qualifiers, there's a rower from Niger that just decided 4 months before the Olympics that he was going to be a Rower (he preformed as you'd expect someone new to the sport to preform at the top level). He got a spot based on his nationality while someone else who's probably worked their butts of for a chance like that didn't.

He was never going to win, they want to spread the sport. Just like in swimming, they have heats for the African nations, guys who have no chance of winning.

You cannot have the entire events from say 25 of the richest countries.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
joseephuss;4645104 said:
Statistically the host nation wins around 13 more medals than they do when they aren't hosting.

yeah countries put a ton of money into them now, get the facilities, home cooking, home fans etc

Even when Canada hosted in 1976, they went from 2 medals or so in 1972 to 11. We had no gold :( but I consider our silvers in swimming that year to be Gold given we to lost to shemales from East Germany.

Duane

Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4644252 said:
Has Plelps become Greatest Olympian Ever?
He's at the top or really close. I'd like to see him give it one more try in Rio then there wouldn't be much doubt.

Ren

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4645182 said:
He was never going to win, they want to spread the sport. Just like in swimming, they have heats for the African nations, guys who have no chance of winning.

You cannot have the entire events from say 25 of the richest countries.

It's not about money it's about skill, someone who's been doing a sport for 4 months have no business being in the Olympics at the expense of people who have been working their whole lives towards that goal

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Duane;4645196 said:
He's at the top or really close. I'd like to see him give it one more try in Rio then there wouldn't be much doubt.

He barely had the desire this time, there is NO way he is hanging around until 2016.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Ren;4645218 said:
It's not about money it's about skill, someone who's been doing a sport for 4 months have no business being in the Olympics at the expense of people who have been working their whole lives towards that goal

He didn't take anyone's spot.

Phoenix

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4645221 said:
He barely had the desire this time, there is NO way he is hanging around until 2016.

Indeed, Phelps is Done. D-U-N stick-a-fork-in-him done. He's already made it quite clear that he is immediately retiring from competitive swimming after his last Olympic swim.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;4645174 said:
The announcers made the comment her Olympic experience was going to be all of 2 minutes :D

And a GOLD medal!

ethiostar

Reaction score
Is there a website where I can watch the Olympics live, for free.

Thanks

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Phoenix;4645223 said:
Indeed, Phelps is Done. D-U-N stick-a-fork-in-him done. He's already made it quite clear that he is immediately retiring from competitive swimming after his last Olympic swim.

Better to go out on top then to try and come back when there is nothing in the tank. Phelps is happy with all that he has accomplished so he will choose to retire.

Ren

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4645222 said:
He didn't take anyone's spot.

There's a limited number of people who can compete in any even right?

He didn't qualify he just decided to go because he could

Lots of people in Europe barely missed out on qualifying

If he had to qualify like everyone else he never would have qualified and someone else, someone a lot more deserving would have gone

Phoenix

Reaction score
ethiostar;4645310 said:
Thank you!

It's definitely not the best quality for sure!! But you can't beat free...this is where I watch all, and I mean ALL the WWE PPVs :)

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo_To_Dez;4645269 said:
Better to go out on top then to try and come back when there is nothing in the tank. Phelps is happy with all that he has accomplished so he will choose to retire.

It does look as if he is going out on top. Another gold medal.