2012 London Olympics thread *Spoilers*

kmp77

Reaction score
Awesome race just now!!! British/American training partners go gold/silver!

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
burmafrd;4646841 said:
as usual your ability to comprehend the real world is limited.

She did not beat the time of the best male swimmer in the world unlike that chinese swimmer.

Now maybe that is not suspicious to you, but to thinking and reasoning people it just might be.

please bumfard, you know damn well the guy who questioned only did it because it was an asian who won.

you know it is possible that swimmer is just some freak of nature like Phelps whose ankles bend more than anyone else's which gives him a natural advantage.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Don't make me close this thread...

That's all I have to say to a couple of you...

trickblue

Reaction score
I woke up early... watching a marathon on TV is worse than watching paint dry... :mad:

burmafrd

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4647157 said:
please bumfard, you know damn well the guy who questioned only did it because it was an asian who won.

you know it is possible that swimmer is just some freak of nature like Phelps whose ankles bend more than anyone else's which gives him a natural advantage.

then why has she never before been that good? Or even close to it?

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
burmafrd;4646841 said:
as usual your ability to comprehend the real world is limited.

She did not beat the time of the best male swimmer in the world unlike that chinese swimmer.

Now maybe that is not suspicious to you, but to thinking and reasoning people it just might be.

Ye didn't beat Lochte's time, she swam the final 50m faster. While her final-leg split time is incredible, it's not unprecedented in women's swimming. Just this year, British swimmer Rebecca Addlington had a final-50m time that was faster than Ye's. The thing is, Addlington's race was twice as long.

jimmy40

Reaction score
hate to see Michael Phelps leave but at least he's taking his mother with him.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue;4647620 said:
I woke up early... watching a marathon on TV is worse than watching paint dry... :mad:
I like watching the end of the marathon... I was watching something yesterday and the route took them in front of the Buckingham Palace. It was quite picturesque.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
Was at the Athletics yesterday, the atmosphere in an around the stadium was fantastic. Also a great day for us with 6 gold medals.

The other thing that is amazing & very un-British, is that the organisation of getting the crowds in & out was also brilliant.

I guess it's possibly because everyone who is doing it is a volunteer & wants to be there, rather than it being their job & they hate it.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4647812 said:
I like watching the end of the marathon... I was watching something yesterday and the route took them in front of the Buckingham Palace. It was quite picturesque.

Triathlon

Murray beat Federer for the Gold, ugh

Phoenix

Reaction score
I saw the Murray win. Good for him!

I also watched the GB soccer match yesterday and when the first started the extra 30 minutes at the end of 90, I called it on Twitter:

In order to ensure maximum heartbreak for their fans, the British soccer men are saving losing for the final penalty kick. #GBLovesToLose

and then I gloated when it came to pass :D

Bwaa ha ha! Did I call it or what? Brittish soccer men eliminated by S. Korea on the LAST penalty kick in the shootout. Nicely done GB!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CanadianCowboysFan;4647986 said:
Triathlon

Eh, I didn't know. I had just turned it on, so I didn't really know which race it was. Either way, it was a cool thing to watch.

I really wanted Federer to win or at least make the match competitive. I've never seen Federer play so lackluster.

Watching the US women's b-ball game now. Looks like they're going to win this pretty easily.

Phoenix

Reaction score
Very classy move by the US women's basketball team for running out the clock at the end and NOT going for the scoring record, which they had already tied at 114. Nicely done.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4647986 said:
Triathlon

That match was like Canada winning gold in hockey. The Brits are going absolutely bananas (as much as Brits do) for that win. A UK athlete winning gold in England at Wimbledon was special and it won't be repeated (if ever) for a very long time.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Im going to miss Michael Phelps. I just cant get into Ryan Lochte. Something about him irks me.

trickblue

Reaction score
Phoenix;4648119 said:
Very classy move by the US women's basketball team for running out the clock at the end and NOT going for the scoring record, which they had already tied at 114. Nicely done.

That was an arse-kicking of the highest order...

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
UKCowboysFan;4647956 said:
Was at the Athletics yesterday, the atmosphere in an around the stadium was fantastic. Also a great day for us with 6 gold medals.

The other thing that is amazing & very un-British, is that the organisation of getting the crowds in & out was also brilliant.

I guess it's possibly because everyone who is doing it is a volunteer & wants to be there, rather than it being their job & they hate it.

Lucky you. It was an amazing night.

I've really enjoyed the swimming, rowing and cycling. I still can't get over the pursuit team beating the World Record in their last six consecutive races culminating in a gold medal. Awesome stuff.

A quick note about the organisation. A friend of mine who lives in Weymouth was accepted as a volunteer helper got to work at the Olympic Stadium. Why? The sailing competition is right on his door step. Weird.