2012 London Olympics thread *Spoilers*

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
UKCowboysFan;4648291 said:
The 100m final is going to be Epic.

All of the big names looked in good form in the Semi's.

I'm going:

1.Yohan Blake
2.Justin Gatlin
3.Usain Bolt
4.Tyson Gay

in that order for the final!

jimmy40

Reaction score
Muhast;4648483 said:
I'm going:

1.Yohan Blake
2.Justin Gatlin
3.Usain Bolt
4.Tyson Gay

in that order for the final!
so when will the race be shown?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jimmy40;4648546 said:
so when will the race be shown?
Should be tonight. Although if you've been anywhwere near twitter or FB, you already know the results.

jimmy40

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4648598 said:
Should be tonight. Although if you've been anywhwere near twitter or FB, you already know the results.
just saw the result on ESPN, oh well no reason to watch it now.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4648598 said:

Without looking I'm guessing that Bolt got the gold just because he's that good.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
3 runners with sub 9.8 times........ridiculous. The US runners give us 3 blazing times, but only good for 3-5 in the race.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I wonder how many of those starting 8 are using illegal substances? :laugh1:

Bolt just blew by everyone to win. He is just that much better than anyone else ever has been.

First sprinter to go back to back in the 100m in a looooooooooooooong time (no Carl Lewis doesn't count, he lost in 1988, was given the gold because Johnson was disqualified even though, Lewis, Christie and a bunch of others that year were also juiced).

Amazing performance again by that physical freak.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Thats gonna sting a bit. All McKayla Maroney had to do was stay on her feet, and she landed on her bum.

Silver medal on vault.

Her first vault was a thing of beauty in team finals and thats what I will remember her for.

jimmy40

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4649057 said:

Bolt just blew by everyone to win. He is just that much better than anyone else ever has been.

First sprinter to go back to back in the 100m in a looooooooooooooong time (no Carl Lewis doesn't count, he lost in 1988, was given the gold because Johnson was disqualified even though, Lewis, Christie and a bunch of others that year were also juiced).

who was Johnson running for? I can't remember.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gemini Dolly;4649090 said:
Thats gonna sting a bit. All McKayla Maroney had to do was stay on her feet, and she landed on her bum.

Silver medal on vault.

Her first vault was a thing of beauty in team finals and thats what I will remember her for.
Oh man, there were some distrastrous falls in the vault competition. The little girl who landed face first and couldn't attempt her 2nd vault. Another girl landed on her butt. Another girl slid off the matt a bit. I was so sad for them.

casmith07;4649154 said:
He's a DNQ.
Who are you guys talking about?

mldardy

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4649057 said:

LOL at Carl Lewis not counting. YES HE DOES.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
mldardy;4649176 said:
LOL at Carl Lewis not counting. YES HE DOES.

Of course he does. Remember who got the drug cheat was and where he came from?

I was kinda pissed that another drug cheat got the bronze, but Bolt was amazing.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Biggems;4648996 said:
3 runners with sub 9.8 times........ridiculous. The US runners give us 3 blazing times, but only good for 3-5 in the race.

Gatlin may have been able to get the silver if he had been able to run a straight race. He drifted all over his lane. When the differences in position are measured in 1/100s of a second, that can possibly make a difference.

Great race. Even though I already knew the outcome I loved watching it. The Olympic 100 m sprint is one of my favorite things to watch. The pure power and speed that is showcased is always impressive. It is also artistic in my opinion.

http://i848.***BLOCKED***/albums/ab42/photojoeq/100meters.jpg

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Arch Stanton;4649208 said:
Of course he does. Remember who got the drug cheat was and where he came from?

I was kinda pissed that another drug cheat got the bronze, but Bolt was amazing.

you are aware Carl Lewis failed drug tests too right?

Bizwah

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4650348 said:
he lost the race big time, he never crossed first, ergo he didn't win the race, he was given a gold medal.

The drug tests that he failed were simply covered up.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2003/apr/24/athletics.duncanmackay

It's funny. When this came out, Ben Johnson demanded that Lewis's gold medal be taken from him.

When this was told to Lewis, he said something to the effect of, "oh, that's Ben Johnson for you".

When pressed on the issue, Lewis said, everyone was doing it, so it wasn't a big deal.

So my question is....if it's not a big deal, then why not let Ben have the gold medal back, Carl?