2012 NBA Finals Thread

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4596297 said:
Yes Bynum is dumb, but he's also a big time lowpost threat which is something OKC is missing. He hasn't suffered a serious injury in over two years so it's pretty safe to say his injury issues are behind him. Mitch would have to be high off his *** to do that deal, but that would be a great trade for OKC.

He still gets his knee drained though. Anyways, I see no reason to go away from your young draft picks; especially with how young they are and the success they have already had.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4596300 said:
He still gets his knee drained though. Anyways, I see no reason to go away from your young draft picks; especially with how young they are and the success they have already had.

Ok fine then trade him for Howard.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4596309 said:
I wouldn't do it.

Why not? Howard is a much better player. It's a no brainer decision.

Durant/Howard = Kobe/Shaq 2.0 (Not quite as dominant obviously, but they would win 3 or more titles together.)

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4596313 said:
Why not? Howard is a much better player. It's a no brainer decision.

Durant/Howard = Kobe/Shaq 2.0 (Not quite as dominant obviously, but they would win 3 or more titles together.)

I think Westbrook and Durant can win multiple titles. If your current plan already has you on track to win a title, especially at their place, I see no reason to move away from your current philosophy. The only thing I would do if I was coach is make Harden the starting PG. I think they are fine with Westbrook there as well though, they can win.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
If I were Dwight Howard, and I wanted to win, OKC would be on my short-list.

I think the best trade to be made, however, would be Rondo for Westbrook. The Celtics get a scoring swingman in Westbrook to replace Pierce/Allen, and the Thunder get a true point guard who can completely affect a game without scoring -- more looks for Durant and Harden, who could start at SG with Durant at SF.

Noryb

Reaction score
The top four players average age on this team is 22.5

Are you guys seriously discussing trade scenarios because they are down 2 - 1 in the NBA finals?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Noryb;4596501 said:

Are you guys seriously discussing trade scenarios because they are down 2 - 1 in the NBA finals?

:laugh2:

No kidding. I get C&L being so reactionary -- he's 17.

I don't know what excuse some of the others have.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I have faith that Westbrook will get better and better with age and experience. We have to remember, especially us OKC fans, that he's still really young.

He frustrates the hell out of me sometimes, as I've mentioned before, but I don't know that I'd want to trade him.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4596743 said:
I have faith that Westbrook will get better and better with age and experience. We have to remember, especially us OKC fans, that he's still really young.

He frustrates the hell out of me sometimes, as I've mentioned before, but I don't know that I'd want to trade him.

I just don't know if he's got it in him to take a backseat and learn to be a distributor when need be. His basketball IQ is "shooting guard" not point guard.

Noryb

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4596518 said:
:laugh2:

No kidding. I get C&L being so reactionary -- he's 17.

I don't know what excuse some of the others have.

LOL.... As we speak, the Clippers are trying to figure out what to do with Blake Griffin.

Reaction score
Noryb;4596501 said:

Yes because we're talking about Dwight and Andrew Bynum. The two most dominant bigmen in the game. Either one would make the Thunder unstoppable.

Noryb

Reaction score
casmith07;4596749 said:
I just don't know if he's got it in him to take a backseat and learn to be a distributor when need be. His basketball IQ is "shooting guard" not point guard.

He has clearly gotten better but if he doesn't figure it out, move him to SG and bring in a true PG. Kobe and Wade have a tremendous amount of respect for Westbrook's athletic ability and the guy plays hard on both ends of the court. I'd keep Westbrook over Hardin, that's for sure.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Noryb;4596779 said:
He has clearly gotten better but if he doesn't figure it out, move him to SG and bring in a true PG. Kobe and Wade have a tremendous amount of respect for Westbrook's athletic ability and the guy plays hard on both ends of the court. I'd keep Westbrook over Hardin, that's for sure.

James Harden has Gilbert Arenas written all over him. Do Not Want.

juck

Reaction score
casmith07;4596825 said:
James Harden has Gilbert Arenas written all over him. Do Not Want.
I have to disagree. Complete opposite styles of play. Harden has no off court issues either.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
juck;4596881 said:
I have to disagree. Complete opposite styles of play. Harden has no off court issues either.

I am not addressing the off-court stuff since it was all bunk.

But if you don't see similar players (other than Harden being the King of Flop) I'm going to have to ask you if you've really ever seen Gilbert play.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4596985 said:
James Harden is a top 5 SG IMO. You could even argue top 3.

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Manu Ginobli
4. James Harden
5. Ray Allen

Harden is definitely top 5. He's a mix between Manu Ginobli and Paul Pierce. Obviously he's not as good as those guys were in their primes, but as far as style of play he's very similar to Ginobli and Pierce.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4597024 said:
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Manu Ginobli
4. James Harden
5. Ray Allen

Harden is definitely top 5. He's a mix between Manu Ginobli and Paul Pierce. Obviously he's not as good as those guys were in their primes, but as far as style of play he's very similar to Ginobli and Pierce.

For sure, I don't think he has hit his prime yet. He also doesn't get the load like Pierce did and maybe Ginobili. I think he can be a better player than Ginobili eventually.