2012 NBA Offseason Thread

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
MC KAos;4608899 said:
thats my guess, these things arent supposed to be premeditated before the free agency period of each player starts, but you know these guys talk ahead of time, just like the big 3 for the heat did. im wondering if there is any way the nets can get howard AND joe johnson. i think its stupid to go after johnson, as he is probably the most overrated player in the nba (in terms of contract). so unless they are getting him for less than its reported i dont see the advantage, although i guess he is a great third banana

I read it that way too.
But insiders swear that isn't the case.

DWill has publicly stated he won't hinge his decision upon Dwight. He has a family to consider and Dwight just had surgery.

Dwight badly wants to go to Brooklyn and be the lead figure in a major city.

We'll see here shortly but Dwight's on the outside right now. He won't be signing as a free agent with the Nets next year if he doesnt get the trade because they'll be over the cap.

If DWill goes to Dallas, then DALLAS can make a run at DW in free agency next year. They have kept that flexibility but Brooklyn has to jump on Wallace so will be out of cap space.

Orlando isn't stupid. If they were going to take peanuts for Dwight they would have done so long before now. Their best possible situation is to sit still
an await the free agent dominoes. Acting before the 11th would be silly for them unless the Nets offer picks up dramatically.

This will be a situation where the patient will be rewarded.

MC KAos

Reaction score
another thing, if dwight couldnt get along with stan van, i doubt he is going to have a much better relationship with avery.

Reaction score
Ren;4608861 said:
Howard saying he refuses to resign with anyone but the Nets pretty much tells me that Williams is going no where also

Deron isn't basing his decision on where Howard goes.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609204 said:

Since you know what he is thinking, why don't you tell us what he might have for dinner, I'm curious

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
MC KAos;4609298 said:
Since you know what he is thinking, why don't you tell us what he might have for dinner, I'm curious

Well Deron did say that himself, but who knows what any of these guys truly believe anymore.

Ren

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609204 said:

of course he's saying that, what better way to drive up his price for the Nets?

dez_for_prez

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4608822 said:
This guy is such a clown. Screw him. Hope he gets traded to the Bobcats. Lakers should just move on from this clown and extend Drew.

I think someone got their feelings hurt because he doesn't want to play on their team...

MC KAos

Reaction score
looks like the johnson deal is contingent on williams resigning

MC KAos

Reaction score
and they wont have the space for howard if the trade goes through, i wonder what dwight will end up doing, if im deron williams id rather play with the mavs and dirk than the nets and joe freaking johnson!

Reaction score
MC KAos;4609351 said:
looks like the johnson deal is contingent on williams resigning

He'll definitely resign now. Problem is this ends their chances at Dwight Howard. However they will have a very solid team next season.

Kidd will probably join Deron and K-Mart as well.

Deron Williams/Jason Kidd
Joe Johnson/Marshawn Brooks
Gerald Wallace/Anthony Morrow
Kris Humphries/Kenyon Martin
Brook Lopez/Johan Petro

I'd say assuming everyone is healthy they're the 3rd seed in the East behind Miami and Boston.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
dez_for_prez;4609346 said:
I think someone got their feelings hurt because he doesn't want to play on their team...

I don't believe that to be the reasoning.

More how Howard is handling himself.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Nets would send Jordan Williams, Petro, Farmar, Morrow and a sign-and-trade of Stevenson for Joe Johnson, sources tell Y!

thats actually a pretty good trade for the nets, but losing the ability to get howard is kind of a big blow, without him they wont be very competitive in the east with the heat and bulls

Reaction score
MC KAos;4609358 said:
Nets would send Jordan Williams, Petro, Farmar, Morrow and a sign-and-trade of Stevenson for Joe Johnson, sources tell Y!

thats actually a pretty good trade for the nets, but losing the ability to get howard is kind of a big blow, without him they wont be very competitive in the east with the heat and bulls

Chicago will be a non factor next season because of the Rose injury. He could miss all of next season and even if he doesn't it's gonna take him at least a year to get back to form.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard
Nets will send expiring contracts and 1R pick to ATL. Nets get to keep Marshon Brooks, Gerald Green and their own 1R pick

MC KAos

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609360 said:
Chicago will be a non factor next season because of the Rose injury. He could miss all of next season and even if he doesn't it's gonna take him at least a year to get back to form.

if thats the case with rose, then we might as well pencil the heat in for another finals appearance

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
MC KAos;4609358 said:

Don't think they can get Howard now.

Be interesting to hear his reaction to say the least.

Play out final year in Orl, rental team or LA?

Reaction score
MC KAos;4609362 said:
if thats the case with rose, then we might as well pencil the heat in for another finals appearance

Boston isn't going anywhere. They brought back Garnett, will probably bring back Ray Allen, and will have cap space to bring in a solid player or two. Let's not forget even with injuries to Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, and Avery Bradley they were on the verge of making the Finals.

Boston is basically the East version of San Antonio. Every year people try to write them off and every year they prove the doubters wrong.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4609360 said:

I don't agree with this. He is scheduled to be back by playoff time and actually before if rehab goes well. Chicago could easily win their division and make a run if they simply signed another decent PG as backup for the short term.