2012 NBA Offseason Thread

Reaction score
jterrell;4634946 said:
and kidd signed a 3 year 9 mil dollar deal with no trade assets used.

not a 3 year 27 mil deal with all the draft picks that could be used sent away.

dumb trade. more people will argue this come january.

dwight is trying badly to force his way to la but he can't because orlando isn't trading for what lal has left to offer. had they offered those picks plus bynum the deal is probably done.

if you have dwight, gasol, artest, kobe and delonte west is that better than what they have now?

heck yes!!!

No. Nash is much better than West and Dwight is only slightly better than Bynum. Give me the current starting lineup easily. I have no idea why you continue to say the Lakers up alot for Nash when that's clearly not the case. The Lakers won't be a lottery team anytime soon so those picks will be end of first round picks. To get an All Star PG for draft picks is a steal.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4635150 said:
No. Nash is much better than West and Dwight is only slightly better than Bynum. Give me the current starting lineup easily. I have no idea why you continue to say the Lakers up alot for Nash when that's clearly not the case. The Lakers won't be a lottery team anytime soon so those picks will be end of first round picks. To get an 38 year old All Star PG for draft picks is a steal.

fixed

It will be a big deal when he won't be able to play in 2 years and they still haven't won another championship.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Depth helps win games in the regular season. Come playoff time, rotations are much shorter. Matters less.

Reaction score
DFWJC;4635568 said:
Mavs open the season at the Lakers...pretty cool

Last time they played each other on opening night was 2003. That was the debut of the big four of Kobe, Shaq, Payton, and Malone. Now it's the debut of the bug four of Kobe, Bynum, Nash, and Gasol.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
If Orlando trades for Bynum and he wont extend then it's pointless. They are just back to square 1. They might as well keep Howard then go in the tank for a year instead of try and work with Bynum. If anything they let his deal expire and they have his bird rights still. They can then just do a sign and trade with whoever can sign him.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4635779 said:
If Orlando trades for Bynum and he wont extend then it's pointless. They are just back to square 1. They might as well keep Howard then go in the tank for a year instead of try and work with Bynum. If anything they let his deal expire and they have his bird rights still. They can then just do a sign and trade with whoever can sign him.

I don't know how many times this has to be said, but Bynum like Howard will not sign an extension. Period. Makes no sense at all because he'd lose aton of money. He can just sign a new five year deal in the summer.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4636522 said:
I don't know how many times this has to be said, but Bynum like Howard will not sign an extension. Period. Makes no sense at all because he'd lose aton of money. He can just sign a new five year deal in the summer.

Exactly. No point in Orlando trading for Bynum then.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4636532 said:
Exactly. No point in Orlando trading for Bynum then.

The point is to get something for Howard. Bynum is an All Star and Orlando would have his bird rights and could offer him the most money. Doubt he'd leave. Bynum has been wanting to be the main man on a team and he'd get that opportunity in Orlando. There better off gambling on Bynum than accepting any of the other garbage offers.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Having Bynum's bird rights for a SnT is worse than having Howards bird rights for a SnT.

juck

Reaction score
Houston has the best chance in a trade for D12. They have many young pieces and picks. I think he makes it to the season end however. Then signs somewhere as a free agent.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4636617 said:
You can't even do sign and trades anymore starting next offseason.

If that is the case, which I have heard nothing about then the same thing applies. It's pointless to have Bynum who will do the same thing as Howard.

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4636939 said:
If that is the case, which I have heard nothing about then the same thing applies. It's pointless to have Bynum who will do the same thing as Howard.

You mean leave? How do you know that?

RastaRocket

Reaction score
If he doesn't extend his contract with the Lakers, Andrew Bynum reportedly has a short list of teams he would consider as a free agent in 2013 -- the Rockets, Mavericks and Cavaliers.
This might throw cold water on the Lakers' attempts to package Bynum in a deal for Dwight Howard, since Bynum "has shown no inclination to agree to an immediate extension if sent to Orlando." The Nets could face a similar conundrum in a package centered around Brook Lopez, since Lopez would have to agree to join the Magic -- so far he's been remarkably silent about his constant inclusion in trade talks.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/183308/andrew-bynum-not-inclined-to-extend-w-magic

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4636962 said:
What part of he won't sign an extension with anybody don't you understand? Anyways the report was a bunch of BS. According to his agent Bynum has no list.

What's the point of trading for a player who wont sign an extension?