2015-2016 NBA Season Thread

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Building a team takes time. Phil Jackson never was going to give Derek Fisher enough time to get that done. He didn't get a fair chance. Fish was a hire that Phil personally didn't want but made because so many others wanted. Now he gets to hire his man. Fish should go back to OKC where he is truly wanted.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Building a team takes time. Phil Jackson never was going to give Derek Fisher enough time to get that done. He didn't get a fair chance. Fish was a hire that Phil personally didn't want but made because so many others wanted. Now he gets to hire his man. Fish should go back to OKC where he is truly wanted.

Being here in NY.... Derrick Fisher was a horrible coach... And I'm not a Knicks fan.. He isn't intuitive, and his rotation is horrid.... Every coach doesn't deserve to get fired... but some do.....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Being here in NY.... Derrick Fisher was a horrible coach... And I'm not a Knicks fan.. He isn't intuitive, and his rotation is horrid.... Every coach doesn't deserve to get fired... but some do.....

Whatever. Let's just agree Fish would be better off somewhere else.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Not even close to Lakers Byron Scott. Back to back season's with the worst record in Laker history (this season to be the worst, after last season was). And now after 1,000 NBA games, worst %.for any coach.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Not even close to Lakers Byron Scott. Back to back season's with the worst record in Laker history (this season to be the worst, after last season was). And now after 1,000 NBA games, worst %.for any coach.

B. Scott was brought in to appease Kobe during his magic hour.... When Kobe is gone, he is gone....
Bye B. Scott, Hello Luke Walton.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
B. Scott was brought in to appease Kobe during his magic hour.... When Kobe is gone, he is gone....
Bye B. Scott, Hello Luke Walton.

Luke Walton. Prove you can coach without the best team in the NBA 1st. Anyone can coach that team, well except BScott.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Luke Walton. Prove you can coach without the best team in the NBA 1st. Anyone can coach that team, well except BScott.

Well he's gonna get a chance to prove it. He works in a pleasing system, and he's very much a players coach.... Was it a mirage? We'll find out soon.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score

I don't think that's accurate. Phil wanted Steve Kerr, but when that fell through, he focused on Fisher. I think Fisher was his guy, but he feels like the team should be better than they are. Not sure if I agree, because we are getting next to nothing most nights from the PG position, but Phil knows what he is doing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It's interesting to see how the Spurs and Alridge integrated effectively in less than half a season and then look at the Howard fiasco in Houston.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
It's interesting to see how the Spurs and Alridge integrated effectively in less than half a season and then look at the Howard fiasco in Houston.

howard is a basket case, who's talents are limited to his athleticism...
aldridge has a good basketball mind,skilled... play high, low, pass, cut, defend....
no surprised to me... the howard era was over his last year in orl... threw van gundy under the bus...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
howard is a basket case, who's talents are limited to his athleticism...
aldridge has a good basketball mind,skilled... play high, low, pass, cut, defend....
no surprised to me... the howard era was over his last year in orl... threw van gundy under the bus...

Yeah I'm not surprised either and think it's a good lesson on how the RKG philosophy is sound. The Spurs are the founding fathers of that at least in the NBA.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not surprised either and think it's a good lesson on how the RKG philosophy is sound. The Spurs are the founding fathers of that at least in the NBA.

the spurs are a different organization... obviously.
i think you can take a chance on a guy who may be emotional.. (Westbrook, Cousins)... as long as he plays hard, and is passionate.
i don't see any of these qualities in howard... just entitlement.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
the spurs are a different organization... obviously.
i think you can take a chance on a guy who may be emotional.. (Westbrook, Cousins)... as long as he plays hard, and is passionate.
i don't see any of these qualities in howard... just entitlement.

In some ways he reminds me of TO. Caused locker room issues everywhere he goes.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
various:
Fish is a dolt in the worst way. Guy used his family twice to get released so he could pick his new team.
And twice he was dating players girls or ex-girls. That's a no-no for players much less coaches.
I wish zero good for him.
NYK was a complete trash can last year and the results this year weren't good enough to overlook that the guy has the morals of a snake.

BScott is bad and the Lakers are at square zero. They gave Kobe this victory lap at the cost of TWO seasons. That team has it bad.

Luke Walton knows a great system and has far more going for him than most. There will be a handful of teams fighting over him.
He's a bright guy and has been involved his entire life with high level basketball.

The NBA All-Satr game gave Kobe his very DESERVED victory lap. This was the place for it, not a couple regular seasons in LA.

Now that we are post All-Star game it is time to get on with the real meat of the NBA season. Let the shuffling parts settle and then the best playoffs in sports.