2015-2016 NBA Season Thread

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
People hate on teams that win a lot. The Warriors are so damn likable, though. Obvious charming superstar, personable head coach, and a good supporting cast. There's nothing to dislike about that team, unless you're really stretching to find something.

I would not be surprised if they swept the finals. Specifically Cavs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Damn that was an *** kicking. Spurs are obviously still trying to mesh together with the new guys.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
GSW is just fun to watch. They lead the league in casual fans for a good reason.
The only one hating them is primary opponents, lol.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Damn that was an *** kicking. Spurs are obviously still trying to mesh together with the new guys.

No Tim Duncan. That was an butt whooping but I wouldn't make too much of it. I recall NBA finals (I think Spurs/Pistons) were each team took turns beating one another by 20 pts. There is no way GS averages being 30pts better than the Spurs in a 7 game series. Last night's outcome was an anomaly that happens to every team from time to time. It only counts as one win/loss. The next game in this 4 game season series is in San Antonio and still anyone's game.

bounce

Reaction score
No Tim Duncan. That was an butt whooping but I wouldn't make too much of it. I recall NBA finals (I think Spurs/Pistons) were each team took turns beating one another by 20 pts. There is no way GS averages being 30pts better than the Spurs in a 7 game series. Last night's outcome was an anomaly that happens to every team from time to time. It only counts as one win/loss. The next game in this 4 game season series is in San Antonio and still anyone's game.

Yeah, I'm not too concerned because of last night. Now, I'll be clear in saying that I'm not saying I'm not worried about the Warriors, or that they're not the definite favorites right now. I just don't think there's much to take from a single game at any point in the regular season, despite who wins. The Spurs have a lot of work to do. They were sloppy in ball control, they couldn't force their pace at all, and they were just trying to catch up to GSW, which is exactly what the Warriors want. They'll make adjustments and at least give the Warriors next time.

That said, holy crap. Steph Curry is just on an un-real level right now. He's actually playing better than video game Steph Curry.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
people love to jump on a winning bandwagon

True, but kids also like flashy skillful players.
Curry is that in spades.
My high school age girl's basketball team had GSW over CLE and they almost universally prefer Curry to LeBron.
They can relate to breaking people's ankles with crossovers and shooting 3s.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

GSW is significantly better than anyone else right now.
Kawhi might be the best defensive player in basketball but Curry tossed in 37 with complete ease.
Any Spurs fan should be very worried... if only because there's not much else ot worry about.
They are the 2nd best team in basketball imho.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I agree. Spurs looked out of sync from the beginning.

bounce

Reaction score
Kawhi might be the best defensive player in basketball but Curry tossed in 37 with complete ease.
Any Spurs fan should be very worried... if only because there's not much else ot worry about.

Honestly, I think Kawhi, for as good of a defender as he is, is not built to guard a guy like Curry. He's ideal to throw at Lebron or KD or Paul George. He's long and really athletic and can contest any shot, but he's not QUICK. Curry can run circles around anyone that size. A Westbrook or Paul type/size guard are the only hope against Curry, and even with them, it doesn't matter - you can't guard him out to 30 feet. Really the only hope against Curry is praying that he's having an off-night.

The best defender the Spurs had to throw at Curry was Cory Joseph.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

I'm a diehard Spurs fan but I have no problem agreeing with you that the Spurs are the 2nd best. You can't be the best unless you beat the best... in the playoffs.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
weird move... once they tanked this long why not ride it out... lol.

I don't think they wanted to tank... I think they tried to rebuild too quick.. resigning brandon knight, while already having bledsoe (why trade for him in the first place?)... Signing Tyson Chandler.... They expected to make the playoffs this year, after barely missing last year.....

imo they tried to rebuild too quick... the parts don't fit...

TJ Warren & Devin Booker are good talents, and good building blocks though....

bounce

Reaction score
Manu out 4-6 weeks after testicular surgery due to an injury in last night's game. Everyone has to feel bad for that guy.