2015-2016 NBA Season Thread

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I felt this way last year... making it look easy.

Brian Windhorst explains : Stephen Curry is better than LeBron James: "He is slowing the game down like The Matrix right now."

RunDMC

Reaction score
They were lucky in that they stayed healthy. That doesn't take away how good they are, but teams rarely make it through a season healthy, and they ran into a lot of injured teams. Their whole playoff run was against teams missing huge pieces. Jrue Holiday in R1, Conley in R2, Beverley in R3, Love/Irving in R4.

I don't think any team was beating them at full strength, anyway, but they had a lot of luck last year.

Every championship team needs a little bit of luck. You always here that you need talent, coaching, and a little bit of luck in regards to health. No different than any other team that's won a title. They just beat a healthy Memphis team by 50 so I don't wanna hear how they would've beaten Golden State. The Cavaliers are still without Kyrie. The dude has never played a full season and now LeBron is starting to have issues with his back. Love has had back issues as well. Even when they were healthy last year they weren't nearly as dominant as the Warriors. The Clippers played the Warriors fantastic last night and I think that would be a hell of series, but if they have HCA they still have to be the favorite. Curry is just on another level right now. Guys like Thompson, Barnes, Green, and even a guy like Azeli will all continue to get better. This team is loaded with depth across the board. They're gonna be very tough to beat.

RunDMC

Reaction score
The Thunder are so frustrating to watch. They have one of the most talented rosters in the league, but down the stretch of these games they're talking HORRIBLE shots. You're not gonna win in the playoffs against the likes of San Antonio, Golden State, and even the Clippers if you can't get better quality looks. Just going one on one with Russell and Kevin ain't gonna work. They'll win a lot of games on talent alone, but if they wanna win a championship Donovan needs to take control of this team and get them to play within his system.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

RunDMC

Reaction score
Kobe is finished. Need to let the younger players on that team take the torch. They have some talented young guys.

The man has nothing to prove. He's a 5x champ, one of the greatest athletes in the history of sports.

Everyone's time comes to an end. He needs to just let go.

Maybe he can go into broadcasting or be a studio analyst on TNT. Now that would be entertaining. Him and Shaq working together again.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Kobe is finished. Need to let the younger players on that team take the torch. They have some talented young guys.

The man has nothing to prove. He's a 5x champ, one of the greatest athletes in the history of sports.

Everyone's time comes to an end. He needs to just let go.

Maybe he can go into broadcasting or be a studio analyst on TNT. Now that would be entertaining. Him and Shaq working together again.

I think he knows this.
He's actually mentioned that the younger guys need to be more aggressive and seize the moment, because he can't carry constantly.
I'm just reading into it, but I think the extended comment in the article is hinting at retirement...(actually it was in another article, but to paraphrase, he didn't want the tribute videos and gifts that usually comes in someones last year, he wanted to contend and fight like always).

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
The Thunder are so frustrating to watch. They have one of the most talented rosters in the league, but down the stretch of these games they're talking HORRIBLE shots. You're not gonna win in the playoffs against the likes of San Antonio, Golden State, and even the Clippers if you can't get better quality looks. Just going one on one with Russell and Kevin ain't gonna work. They'll win a lot of games on talent alone, but if they wanna win a championship Donovan needs to take control of this team and get them to play within his system.

I think Barkley said it best in their game against the Bulls, Westbrook & Durant needs to trust the talent around them late in games.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Harden with 48 points last night. Dude is fun to watch. Never the quickest guy, but plays at a great pace. Very crafty. Knows how to create and draw contact. Lulls defenders to sleep. Got the entire package offensively. Can shoot, create off the dribble, excellent in screen and roll, excellent handles, post game, step backs, fadeaways, the patented euro step, can catch and shoot off screens, and can attack in transition.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I think Barkley said it best in their game against the Bulls, Westbrook & Durant needs to trust the talent around them late in games.

I'd get the ball ot Kanter late. He is goign to dra wmatchups he can win 99% of the time.
Then you sub him off on the defensive end.

Rick Carlisle would ave OKC winning 70 games with his sub patterns and called plays.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I'd get the ball ot Kanter late. He is goign to dra wmatchups he can win 99% of the time.
Then you sub him off on the defensive end.

Rick Carlisle would ave OKC winning 70 games with his sub patterns and called plays.

lol...
Carlisle is a very good coach... has superior strategy than many. Lets see if Donnavan is willing to change things, rock the boat a bit...
he's a solid strategist, but he's working with years of Scott Brooks "Iso" mindset.

RunDMC

Reaction score

The Lakers may keep their top three pick this year.

They're awful.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

The Lakers may keep their top three pick this year.

They're awful.

still disappointed that philly traded nick vucevic. really liked his talent coming out of usc.(bynum!!!)

and yes, la is bad. they expected to be..... they definitely don't want to give that 1st rounder (top 3 protected) to philly. (mcw trade, by way of phoenix)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
really good win for the mavs last night.
my daughter played in the court of dreams high school match ups earlier and they stayed to watch the game.

after a dismal game versus the pelicans it was big to show what a tuned Mavs squad can do knocking off an elite.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
still disappointed that philly traded nick vucevic. really liked his talent coming out of usc.(bynum!!!)

and yes, la is bad. they expected to be..... they definitely don't want to give that 1st rounder (top 3 protected) to philly. (mcw trade, by way of phoenix)

They expected to be? Lol. Not according to Scott.

The Lakers considered Porzingas but went with Russel because it was going to take more time to develop Porzingas. They went with someone who theoretically was more of an NBA ready player. Sounds like they were expecting to be a playoff possibility.

Too bad they didn't draft Porzingas. I hate the Knicks and would love to have seen them end up with Russel instead.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
They expected to be? Lol. Not according to Scott.

The Lakers considered Porzingas but went with Russel because it was going to take more time to develop Porzingas. They went with someone who theoretically was more of an NBA ready player. Sounds like they were expecting to be a playoff possibility.

Too bad they didn't draft Porzingas. I hate the Knicks and would love to have seen them end up with Russel instead.

The draft happened before free agency. I think when they swung and missed on bringing in a solid free agent, they knew what they were getting into...

Russell is going to be good, but they have him on training wheels, and in the game with a bunch of gunners.. Clarkson, Sweet Lou, Swaggy, and Bean??!!... Man... you not creating shots for those guys... they create their own shots.

B. Scott is Buster Brown as a coach.

Porzingas is going to be really good... Liked him when I first saw his tape a couple of years ago.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
really good win for the mavs last night.
my daughter played in the court of dreams high school match ups earlier and they stayed to watch the game.

after a dismal game versus the pelicans it was big to show what a tuned Mavs squad can do knocking off an elite.

nice, good for her.. & yeh, it was a good win. very fan satisfying.