2015-2016 NBA Season Thread

RunDMC

Reaction score
They expected to be? Lol. Not according to Scott.

The Lakers considered Porzingas but went with Russel because it was going to take more time to develop Porzingas. They went with someone who theoretically was more of an NBA ready player. Sounds like they were expecting to be a playoff possibility.

Too bad they didn't draft Porzingas. I hate the Knicks and would love to have seen them end up with Russel instead.

So you're crowning Porzingas after one game winner that didn't even count? Yeah he's had a decent start to his career good for him, but it's way too early to be saying the Lakers missed on that pick. Point guards typically take longer to develop, but they took him because they believed he'd be better than Okafor or Porzingas over the long haul and had a better overall ceiling.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
So you're crowning Porzingas after one game winner that didn't even count? Yeah he's had a decent start to his career good for him, but it's way too early to be saying the Lakers missed on that pick. Point guards typically take longer to develop, but they took him because they believed he'd be better than Okafor or Porzingas over the long haul and had a better overall ceiling.

I'm not crowning Porzingas based one one game.

Pre draft, I was higher on Porzingas than most. And wasn't as high as most on D'Angelo. My comment is based on how I think the players will turn out. After a few years, we will have proof one way or another.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I'm not crowning Porzingas based one one game.

Pre draft, I was higher on Porzingas than most. And wasn't as high as most on D'Angelo. My comment is based on how I think the players will turn out. After a few years, we will have proof one way or another.

I was higher on Mudiay than Russell. Less skill but better NBA body and tougher kid having played and lived on 3 continents.

Anyone who wouldn't take Porzingis 3 or 4th in a redraft is either lying or clueless about basketball.
That kid is going to be a superstar for a long time.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I was higher on Mudiay than Russell. Less skill but better NBA body and tougher kid having played and lived on 3 continents.

Anyone who wouldn't take Porzingis 3 or 4th in a redraft is either lying or clueless about basketball.

I was/am higher on Mudiay as well. And we are in agreement on Porzingas as well. Hopefully, I'm dead wrong on him though. Can't stand NY. Really can't stand their fan base. Definitely don't want Porzingas to turn into a star. But...it was my belief pre draft he would be.

RunDMC

Reaction score

Clueless? You know how many rookies have gotten off to great starts and struggled the rest of their careers?

Just look at recent history. Guys like Tyreke Evans and Brandon Jennings were exceptional and they've regressed since.

The Lakers needed a PG. They've got Randle at PF who was their lottery pick last year and then he fractured his leg.

The Lakers also have a clueless head coach who is playing Russell who is a true PG off the ball. He's got great court vision, play making skills, can shoot, handles, can operate in screen and rolls, size and length, obviously needs to get stronger so he can absorb contact and finish around the basket better.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Spurs beat Sixers without Leonard and Manu. I never really watched Okafor in college, as I really don't watch college basketball anymore....it became slow, boring, and stale. However, with the new rules, it seems like the games will have more flow. Well, Okafor seems to be legit. I came away impressed. I was also impressed with Grant. I found Noell to be unimpressive.

For the Spurs, Green is really struggling to find his rhythm, as is Mills. Once those two find their strides, the Spurs will be extremely difficult to beat.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Yea, just to chime in, but Porzingas is going to be real good. Words can't described how pissed I was that NY fell to 4th in the lottery and I wanted no part of anyone not named Towns, Oakafor or Russell. By the time the draft came around, I was resigned to the fact that Porzingas would be the BPA and just hoped that he would show something this year. After watching him in summer league, I thought he could be real good in time, but would always be a weak rebounder. Completely wrong, on so many fronts, this guy is going to be an all star one day soon.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Yea, just to chime in, but Porzingas is going to be real good. Words can't described how pissed I was that NY fell to 4th in the lottery and I wanted no part of anyone not named Towns, Oakafor or Russell. By the time the draft came around, I was resigned to the fact that Porzingas would be the BPA and just hoped that he would show something this year. After watching him in summer league, I thought he could be real good in time, but would always be a weak rebounder. Completely wrong, on so many fronts, this guy is going to be an all star one day soon.

I wanted him over Oak.... He just fits the modern day big model...... quick, can stretch the floor, beats his man up the court, can switch on pick and rolls, can pass.... his 29 & 11 outing tonite was impressive.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Spurs beat Sixers without Leonard and Manu. I never really watched Okafor in college, as I really don't watch college basketball anymore....it became slow, boring, and stale. However, with the new rules, it seems like the games will have more flow. Well, Okafor seems to be legit. I came away impressed. I was also impressed with Grant. I found Noell to be unimpressive.

For the Spurs, Green is really struggling to find his rhythm, as is Mills. Once those two find their strides, the Spurs will be extremely difficult to beat.

It was only one game... so what you saw is limited... but Noel is one of the most unique defenders in the league... he's raw... but very talented.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
It was only one game... so what you saw is limited... but Noel is one of the most unique defenders in the league... he's raw... but very talented.

I hate raw with potential.....those players seem to be either average or just below.

I think the injury really slowed his learning down quite a bit. It also hurts him not having a solid veteran big to learn from.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
I hate raw with potential.....those players seem to be either average or just below.

I think the injury really slowed his learning down quite a bit. It also hurts him not having a solid veteran big to learn from.

lmao...

just because he didn't play well when you were watching him, doesn't mean he doesn't play well..

can't hate what you don't know.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Harden with 48 points last night. Dude is fun to watch. Never the quickest guy, but plays at a great pace. Very crafty. Knows how to create and draw contact. Lulls defenders to sleep. Got the entire package offensively. Can shoot, create off the dribble, excellent in screen and roll, excellent handles, post game, step backs, fadeaways, the patented euro step, can catch and shoot off screens, and can attack in transition.

Can't play defense though.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Porzingas the real deal.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Clips with a big lead in the 1st half, early into the second over the champs...(23pts)

No matter... lol... champs think they're unbeatable... made it look easy coming back.