2015 College Football Thread

jimmy40

Reaction score
OU missing out on the playoffs because of losing to my pathetic Longhorns would be the funniest thing ever

DFWJC

Reaction score
OU and Notre Dame have a common opponent, guess who and how it turned out?

Lol. True

But wins vs strong opponents is huge.

Notre Dames biggest win this year is by 24-20 vs Temple.
So zero wins vs currently ranked teams

jimmy40

Reaction score
Lol. True

they do get Stanford their last game and it is Notre Dame, who's ranked high now just because of the name.

DFWJC

Reaction score
they do get Stanford their last game and it is Notre Dame, who's ranked high now just because of the name.

True
Even Stanford lost again yesterday.
But a win vs the would help anyway

NDs most impressive game was the loss vs Clemson.

Rogah

Reaction score
It would be a travesty if 1-loss Oklahoma gets in over 1-loss Notre Dame. OU got spanked on a neutral field by a pathetic team. ND's loss was by 2 points on the road against the #1 team in the NCAA right now.

Still a lot of ball to be played, and Okie State might have something to say before all is said and done. Stanford-Notre Dame is looking like it might be a de facto Quarterfinal (especially as far as ND is concerned although for Stanford it may be too little too late)

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
It would be a travesty if 1-loss Oklahoma gets in over 1-loss Notre Dame. OU got spanked on a neutral field by a pathetic team. ND's loss was by 2 points on the road against the #1 team in the NCAA right now.

Still a lot of ball to be played, and Okie State might have something to say before all is said and done. Stanford-Notre Dame is looking like it might be a de facto Quarterfinal (especially as far as ND is concerned although for Stanford it may be too little too late)

Looking like the SEC Champion (Bama vs Florida) will be in the Final Four. Though Florida still has to play FSU so it could make things interesting if they lose to FSU but beat Bama to be a 2-loss SEC champion. I still couldn't see them leaving an SEC team out of it.

Big 12 is interesting. All the top teams play each other in the next few weeks. They could all knock each other out of the Final Four. I don't see Baylor or TCU making it. I think they blew their shot. Oklahoma will probably make it if they finish with 1-loss. Ok State's only hot is finishing undefeated.

ACC looks interesting. Would be interesting if North Carolina beat Clemson in the ACC championship. Could North Carolina make the Final Four?

I don't see any Pac 12 team making it this year. Stanford is the only team with a shot and I don't think 2 losses will cut it.

Ben Ten looks interesting. Ohio St vs Mich St next week to determine who will play Iowa in the Big Ten Championship, and then the winner of that will be in the Final Four.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Looking like the SEC Champion (Bama vs Florida) will be in the Final Four. Though Florida still has to play FSU so it could make things interesting if they lose to FSU but beat Bama to be a 2-loss SEC champion. I still couldn't see them leaving an SEC team out of it.

Big 12 is interesting. All the top teams play each other in the next few weeks. They could all knock each other out of the Final Four. I don't see Baylor or TCU making it. I think they blew their shot. Oklahoma will probably make it if they finish with 1-loss. Ok State's only hot is finishing undefeated.

ACC looks interesting. Would be interesting if North Carolina beat Clemson in the ACC championship. Could North Carolina make the Final Four?

I don't see any Pac 12 team making it this year. Stanford is the only team with a shot and I don't think 2 losses will cut it.

Ben Ten looks interesting. Ohio St vs Mich St next week to determine who will play Iowa in the Big Ten Championship, and then the winner of that will be in the Final Four.

You've summed it up pretty well.

One of the 2 Okie teams in the Big 12 are likely to be the final 4 rep, but it will come down to how they look against this top-notch schedule.

Baylor still has a shot, if they get a healthy QB and dominate.

TCU is too banged up -- winning out is unlikely, especially by a lopsided score.

A one-loss OU wins out over ND due to SOS.

PAC 12 this year is the PAC 0.

DFWJC

Reaction score

North Carolina has been absolutely rolling. But they've been playing a Baylor-like schedule to some degree. But at least Baylor ends their season with a few really tough ones.

FSU, G Tech, Va tech are all relatively down this year, so UNC's big challenge won't come until the ACC title game vs Clemson. That would be 12 straight wins. Even then, unless everyone else had two losses they probably wouldn't make the 4.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
North Carolina has been absolutely rolling. But they've been playing a Baylor-like schedule to some degree. But at least Baylor ends their season with a few really tough ones.

FSU, G Tech, Va tech are all relatively down this year, so UNC's big challenge won't come until the ACC title game vs Clemson. That would be 12 straight wins. Even then, unless everyone else had two losses they probably wouldn't make the 4.

FSU & UNC doesn't play this year....
Besides, the Noles are still a better team than UNC IMO. If Mcguire plays instead of Golson in the GT game.. they only have one loss.
FSU is still ranked higher than UNC in the CFP poll.

Florida vs Noles is gonna be a good one.

DFWJC

Reaction score
FSU & UNC doesn't play this year....
Besides, the Noles are still a better team than UNC IMO. If Mcguire plays instead of Golson in the GT game.. they only have one loss.
FSU is still ranked higher than UNC in the CFP poll.

Florida vs Noles is gonna be a good one.

Yeah, I almost added a sentence that UNC doesn't even play the Noles. Believe me, I would know that with both Heels and Noles in my house :)
In any case, their path has been pretty easy so far, relatively speaking. To their credit, they are mostly pounding those teams they do play.

As for the CFB; if Ohio St, Clemson, and Bama win out (so eliminating Iowa, UNC, Florida) then they're all clearly in. That's not a given though.
If that happens and OK St ends up undefeated, they're in for sure too.

But if OkSt takes a loss, that 4th spot opens up.
I would take a one loss OU team over a one loss ND based on schedule strength and quality wins...if both those teams take another loss it would really get ugly.

Should be a wild 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Yeah, I almost added a sentence that UNC doesn't even play the Noles. Believe me, I would know that with both Heels and Noles in my house :)
In any case, their path has been pretty easy so far, relatively speaking. To their credit, they are mostly pounding those teams they do play.

As for the CFB; if Ohio St, Clemson, and Bama win out (so eliminating Iowa, UNC, Florida) then they're all clearly in. That's not a given though.
If that happens and OK St ends up undefeated, they're in for sure too.

But if OkSt takes a loss, that 4th spot opens up.
I would take a one loss OU team over a one loss ND based on schedule strength and quality wins...if both those teams take another loss it would really get ugly.

Should be a wild 2-3 weeks.

yeh, i think nd is in trouble. ou or okie st win out, they're in.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If Clemson somehow wins it all (not predicting it, but they have a shot), that would be two college football National Titles in three years by ACC teams.
So much for the certain demise of ACC football.

"Power 5" Conference most recent Champions

SEC (3 years)
2013 Alabama

Big Ten (1 year)
2014 Ohio ST

ACC (2 years)
2013 Florida St

Big 12 (10 years)
2005 Texas

Pac 12 (11 years)
2004 USC

Last edited:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Clemson somehow wins it all (not predicting it, but they have a shot), that would be two college football National Titles in three years by ACC teams.
So much for the certain demise of ACC football.

"Power 5" Conference most recent Champions

SEC (3 years)
2013 Alabama

Big Ten (1 year)
2014 Ohio ST

ACC (2 years)
2013 Florida St

Big 12 (10 years)
2005 Texas

Pac 12 (11 years)
2004 USC

I think clemson chokes before they get that far. But I did not think Ohio deserved to be there last year and they won it all so what do I know lol.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Jimbo Fisher's thoughts on college football playoff system

Fisher was asked his thoughts on the current college football playoff system and if he thought it should expand to more than four teams. Fisher relayed that he believes it will expand to 8 teams in the near future and that he has heard around 8-10 years from now. He stated that he has no problem, per se, with an eight-team playoff but argued that he worries it will begin to feel more like the NFL playoffs where a team that was clearly not best in regular season can get hot and make a run to win the title. He wrapped up his thoughts by sharing that his favorite aspect of the four-team playoff is how much each regular season game means and that a move to a larger playoff would take away from that.

Rogah

Reaction score
Lol. True

You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. Notre Dame has 2 wins over currently ranked teams. Notre Dame beat Navy, who is currently #16 and that is Navy's only loss. They also beat Southern California.

OU's only win against a currently ranked team is #10 Baylor (Baylor's only loss), but Baylor really wsn't the #10 team in the nation that night if you factor in all the injuries they had to deal with in that game.

Each team has 1 loss. Notre Dame's loss was by 2 points on the road against the #1 team in the nation. OU's loss was..... well, I don't need to remind anyone of just how humiliating OU's loss was.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You are entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts. Notre Dame has 2 wins over currently ranked teams. Notre Dame beat Navy, who is currently #16 and that is Navy's only loss. They also beat Southern California.

OU's only win against a currently ranked team is #10 Baylor (Baylor's only loss), but Baylor really wsn't the #10 team in the nation that night if you factor in all the injuries they had to deal with in that game.

Each team has 1 loss. Notre Dame's loss was by 2 points on the road against the #1 team in the nation. OU's loss was..... well, I don't need to remind anyone of just how humiliating OU's loss was.

Ah... forgot about Navy..and also didn't know USC snuck in there at the bottom. Thanks

But yes, we will differ on opinion on schedule strength. Which is fine.