2017-18 NBA Season

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Didn't watch the 2nd half.

Checked the box score, and saw when your worse shooter, Ball, shoots 4-15 and takes the most shots, not suprised by the score.
I didnt get to catch the game, but they really seemed to make it competitive after the 1st quarter

icup

Reaction score
celtics defense is not the same without al horford.

i watched the game, but i did not see the play where tatum got hurt. i heard on boston sports radio that tatum took himself out of the game and went into the locker room with a trainer. and now in a boot as precautionary measure. not sure if he'll miss time. early reports suggest between tatum and horford injuries, that horford's concussion is more worrisome than tatum's ankle.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
celtics defense is not the same without al horford.

i watched the game, but i did not see the play where tatum got hurt. i heard on boston sports radio that tatum took himself out of the game and went into the locker room with a trainer. and now in a boot as precautionary measure. not sure if he'll miss time. early reports suggest between tatum and horford injuries, that horford's concussion is more worrisome than tatum's ankle.
Ya Horford has been having a career year all around. I could see him making an All NBA team this year. Losing him is a big hit on both sides of the court.

Didnt he have concussion issues last year?

icup

Reaction score
Ya Horford has been having a career year all around. I could see him making an All NBA team this year. Losing him is a big hit on both sides of the court.

Didnt he have concussion issues last year?

Yes, and he missed 9 games because of it.

Ainge said they dont think this concussion is as bad as last years. I guess we’ll wait and see.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Admittedly, still early, but the indicators don’t look good for Lonzo:

.303 FG%
.256 3/PT%
.500 F/T%

Ball’s current numbers:
6.4 REB, 6.9 AST, 8.9 PTS
.292 FG%
.220 3/PT%
.500 FT%

Comparison sakes here’s Ricky Rubio’s rookie numbers:
4.2 REB, 8.2 AST, 10.6 PTS
.357 FG%
.340 3/PT%
.803 FT%

Last edited:

icup

Reaction score
Ball’s current numbers:
6.4 REB, 6.9 AST, 8.9 PTS
.292 FG%
.220 3/PT%
.500 FT%

Comparison sakes here’s Ricky Rubio’s rookie numbers:
4.2 REB, 8.2 AST, 10.6 PTS
.357 FG%
.340 3/PT%
.803 FT%
his brother can come back but his dad should stay in china.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Lonzo Ball Youngest Player in History to get a Triple Double!

Gratz Lonzo!

Go Lakers!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
C's cruise to 12 straight with win over Raptors minus Irving.

I think this game exposes Toronto as a true pretender even amoungst EC teams

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
@CalPolyTechnique

Tilt with GS Thursday. Even if we lose the Brooklyn to snap the streak, Im looking forward to this game as an early barometer. Our D has been exceptional, I want how they handle a Ferrari like GS's offense

Good chance we wont have Kyrie though

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I don't know if we want a separate thread for this.....

I like what I saw from Ayton from this quick video and from another one. Still haven't watched a full game, admittedly. But I see very soft hands, some good go to moves in the post. Seems to have quick feet even out on the perimeter. Shot is effective, but is flat.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know if we want a separate thread for this.....

I like what I saw from Ayton from this quick video and from another one. Still haven't watched a full game, admittedly. But I see very soft hands, some good go to moves in the post. Seems to have quick feet even out on the perimeter. Shot is effective, but is flat.

I like Ayton. Skill wise he may be the best player in the draft. Similar skill set to KAT and Boogie. One of the knocks on him though is that he kind of drifts through games. I think alot of eyes will be on him in college to see if that was more the level of comp in HS

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
@CalPolyTechnique

Tilt with GS Thursday. Even if we lose the Brooklyn to snap the streak, Im looking forward to this game as an early barometer. Our D has been exceptional, I want how they handle a Ferrari like GS's offense

Good chance we wont have Kyrie though

Celts have had success against the Dubs the past few years IIRC. Not having Kyrie would be huge as he’s been off-the-charts against the Warriors (at least postseason anyways).

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celts have had success against the Dubs the past few years IIRC. Not having Kyrie would be huge as he’s been off-the-charts against the Warriors (at least postseason anyways).
Im interested to see how the young guys handle themselves defensively. They have been putting Brown on the oppositions best wings, but Durant is the type of long player he gets into foul trouble with. Thats a long day for Brown IMO. Tatum may be a better fit due to his length. Tatum had some success VS Giannis the second game.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Tonight the Lakers need to snap the 3 game losing streak their on. I posted it before and ill type it again, i don't think the Lakers can make the playoffs but they need to improve their record from the last few seasons. If they keep falling into deep losing streaks their will be no improvement record wise and to me it will feel like another wasted season regardless of the youth. Lakers need to improve and they need to step up tonight. I can't handle another 22 win season or the likes of. Lakers need to break 30 wins this season. No excuses, or heads should roll. :banghead:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Celtics heading into Warriors game with 13 game win streak and Irving playing with a mask. Dont think we will catch them napping. Game should have a playoff atmosphere, and I expect the Warriors focused on stomping us out.

Worried about Curry. This is where we miss Avery Bradley. Bradley always defended Curry well and is well suited to defend shooters. I think this game you could see a 5 of Irving, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Horford. But I think Tatum is a better match up than Brown on KD. Either way I expect the youngster to get there lunch money taken away in that matchup