.256 3/PT%
.500 F/T%

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Admittedly, still early, but the indicators don’t look good for Lonzo:

.303 FG%
.256 3/PT%
.500 F/T%

Right now he seems to have not much confidence in his shot. At home, he has been really bad shooting the ball. He needs to get stronger in the offseason (like BIngram). Ingram was horrible the 1st half of last season as a rookie shooting. Around mid 30%, 2nd half he shot over 40%. And as you can see now, Ingram is turning the corner this season. Now shooting 45%, and 39% from 3. Walton doesn't care about his shooting, he wants Lonzo to be agressive pushing the ball up court. He shows it at times, but doesn't do it all the time.

Kuzma, btw, is their best rookie, and it's not close. Every game, he gets better and better. I'll wait until the 2nd half of the season to see if Lonzo shows improvement. Right now, he is getting his feet wet.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Right now he seems to have not much confidence in his shot. At home, he has been really bad shooting the ball. He needs to get stronger in the offseason (like BIngram). Ingram was horrible the 1st half of last season as a rookie shooting. Around mid 30%, 2nd half he shot over 40%. And as you can see now, Ingram is turning the corner this season. Now shooting 45%, and 39% from 3. Walton doesn't care about his shooting, he wants Lonzo to be agressive pushing the ball up court. He shows it at times, but doesn't do it all the time.

Kuzma, btw, is their best rookie, and it's not close. Every game, he gets better and better. I'll wait until the 2nd half of the season to see if Lonzo shows improvement. Right now, he is getting his feet wet.
The floor seemed to open up more on offense with Kuzma in the starting lineup last night. If Kuzma keeps playing well with the starting 5 its going to be difficult to put him back on the bench. Ingram was aggressive last night and people can see he's starting to take on his leadership role. I still think Ingram needs to shoot a little more but he's getting there.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Same with DSJ. Same with Ntilikina. Fultz is now shelved.

PG is a hard position as a rookie

I’m not jumping on these numbers now though I stated my take on Ball earlier in the thread that I see him topping out as a better Rickey Rubio. That said, those are horrendously bad numbers by any standard, rookie or not, even moreso the #2 pick overall.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I’m not jumping on these numbers now though I stated my take on Ball earlier in the thread that I see him topping out as a better Rickey Rubio. That said, those are horrendously bad numbers by any standard, rookie or not, even moreso the #2 pick overall.

His shooting is bad. But his rebounds, assists, and steals isn't bad. For a skinny, just turned 20 year old pg, there pretty good. As I said, Ingram was shooting around 33%-34% 1st half of the season. He was just as bad as Ball shooting. But 2nd half, he shot around 44%. Ball needs to stop shooting 3s and focus on attacking the basket, his only strength right now offensively. Laker fans and coach Walton care more about him running the offense and pushing the pace of the game, getting others involved with easy passes.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
*sigh* we're literally in basketball purgatory, similar to Minnesota all those years with KG. Porzingis is simply too good to have a chance at another legit prospect. We just have to hope Frank Ntilikina turns into a stud.

icup

Reaction score
I gotta say this is the most fun I have had watching C's ball since 2008
1 extra hour of sleep.
celtics and cowboys both rolling along.

it was a very good sunday.
giphy.gif

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I gotta say this is the most fun I have had watching C's ball since 2008

Hey man, Lakers play the C's this Wednesday, our next game. Can't wait. I have been a Laker fan since the late 70s. So this rivalry has alot of great memories for me. My Lakers are playing their best stretch of ball offensively/defensively for some time. Our d isn't a laughing stock anymore. We have probs in the low post, but our perimeter d is getting better. So it should be a battle up in Boston. And I am sure your fans will let us know how much you hate us. lol.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Hey man, Lakers play the C's this Wednesday, our next game. Can't wait. I have been a Laker fan since the late 70s. So this rivalry has alot of great memories for me. My Lakers are playing their best stretch of ball offensively/defensively for some time. Our d isn't a laughing stop anymore. We have probs in the low post, but our perimeter d is getting better. So it should be a battle up in Boston. And I am sure your fans will let us know how much you hate us. lol.
you beat my post by like 10 seconds

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hey man, Lakers play the C's this Wednesday, our next game. Can't wait. I have been a Laker fan since the late 70s. So this rivalry has alot of great memories for me. My Lakers are playing their best stretch of ball offensively/defensively for some time. Our d isn't a laughing stock anymore. We have probs in the low post, but our perimeter d is getting better. So it should be a battle up in Boston. And I am sure your fans will let us know how much you hate us. lol.
Its a big game for LA. At 5-5, beating us coming off an 8 game streak would be a major validating win

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I don't expect the Lakers to win tonight but i want to see them hustle and play the best defense they can.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I'll take Lakers down 6 at the end of the 3rd. Win or lose the Lakers need to keep up with the Celtics just to keep the mindset of these young players on the Lakers in full stride. The refs are letting stuff go which is vintage Lakers Celtics games, i wouldn't have it any other way.

Ingram needs to continue to show he's the leader of the Lakers in this 4th QT. Don't shy away, better to miss shots then disappear.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Celtics are the better team and at home, Lakers put up a good fight. Ingram did disappear scoring wise in the 4th qt. Learning process for the Lakers, got to be ready for the next game.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Didn't watch the 2nd half.

Checked the box score, and saw when your worse shooter, Ball, shoots 4-15 and takes the most shots, not suprised by the score.