2017-18 NBA Season

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I know it's gonna piss Porzingis off, but the Knocks desperately need to be sellers at the trade deadline. They won't make the playoffs, even if they do rally, we're looking at a first round exit, likely getting swept by Boston. We have assets that teams want. Golden State is rumored to want Kyle O'Quinn, deal him for a first. Obviously it will be the 30th pick, possibly 29th with a slight chance of being 28th, but we're going to lose Kyle O'Quinn for nothing this offseason. That opens up minutes for Hernangomez, however, the Spurs are rumored to want him. I'm not as inclined to deal him, but considering I don't think him and Porzingis are a good pairing on the court, I'd deal him as well for a first. Serious consideration also needs to be given to dealing Courtney Lee. He's having a very good season, and some contenders will be interested, if we could get a late first for him, we should, otherwise keep.
Ive heard they might be willing to trade Kanter. Would be interesting to see what return they could, but Kanter could really ne a good core piece for you guys

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Ive heard they might be willing to trade Kanter. Would be interesting to see what return they could, but Kanter could really ne a good core piece for you guys

I think at best he's a 6th man. Maybe he starts, but depending on matchups Porzingis plays center in the important minutes. Now would be the time to sell high though...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think at best he's a 6th man. Maybe he starts, but depending on matchups Porzingis plays center in the important minutes. Now would be the time to sell high though...
I think if you guys can get a quality running mate to Porzingis, I think you guys wouldnt be far of playoff runs. Particularly if Frank makes a leap in his second. And particularly in a very fluid Eastern Conference. I think an all star caliber #2 gets you there. Are you guys in the Kemba Walker sweepstakes? I know thats a tricky situation with Charlotte hoping to us him to offload contracts.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rumor is Denver is looking into a Marcus Smart trade. Ive heard Emmanuel Mudiay name involved. Mudiay is basically a version Marcus Smart thats not a good defender. So ya.....

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I think if you guys can get a quality running mate to Porzingis, I think you guys wouldnt be far of playoff runs. Particularly if Frank makes a leap in his second. And particularly in a very fluid Eastern Conference. I think an all star caliber #2 gets you there. Are you guys in the Kemba Walker sweepstakes? I know thats a tricky situation with Charlotte hoping to us him to offload contracts.

Na, don't want to part with a first, which I agree with.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Bulls are active in trade talks surrounding Lopez, Allen, Holiday.

According to a Bulls insider at realgm, there is a big trade being discussed. He doesn't know anything other than that. And granted, most trades never materialize, but I'm curious...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bulls are active in trade talks surrounding Lopez, Allen, Holiday.

According to a Bulls insider at realgm, there is a big trade being discussed. He doesn't know anything other than that. And granted, most trades never materialize, but I'm curious...
Interesting. Who do you think a big trade could invole? Are they buying or selling?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Interesting. Who do you think a big trade could invole? Are they buying or selling?

Haven't the faintest idea. They are selling. I can't see them buying, unless it's taking on contracts with picks attached.

They aren't going to move their 1sts.

To me, it's possibly Lopez packaged with Holiday for crap and a 1st. Unless, they are going to move Lavine or Dunn.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Haven't the faintest idea. They are selling. I can't see them buying, unless it's taking on contracts with picks attached.

They aren't going to move their 1sts.

To me, it's possibly Lopez packaged with Holiday for crap and a 1st. Unless, they are going to move Lavine or Dunn.
Lavine is back isnt he? How has he looked?

What about Portis?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Lavine is back isnt he? How has he looked?

What about Portis?

Lavine is back. To be fair, haven't caught a lot of games since his return. He looked like someone who hasn't played in awhile. Rusty. Shot inconsistent.

Portis hasn't done as well since Mirotic was sat and traded (granted, small sample size). He didn't have Mirotic to draw attention and get clean looks. Will be interesting to see how he adjusts.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lavine is back. To be fair, haven't caught a lot of games since his return. He looked like someone who hasn't played in awhile. Rusty. Shot inconsistent.

Portis hasn't done as well since Mirotic was sat and traded (granted, small sample size). He didn't have Mirotic to draw attention and get clean looks. Will be interesting to see how he adjusts.
He has been productive this year. If he isnt in their future plans, they may be able to sell high

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Suns vs Lakers
Tuesday, Feb. 6, 2018 • 10:30 PM ET
Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA
Local: FSA, SpecSN/D, SpecSN/D
Radio: Arizona Sports 98.7 FM, 710 AM ESPN / 1330 AM ESPN DEPORTES

Hopefully the Lakers can get another win tonight. Last Laker game i will watch for a week, hoping it's a good one. Flight leaves for FLA tomorrow afternoon.

Lets go Lakers!

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lakers reportedly looking more towards 2019 FA than 2018. Smart move on their part. With the way they are playing now, they may contend for a lower playoff seed in the West making them a more viable destination for a star player.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Lakers reportedly looking more towards 2019 FA than 2018. Smart move on their part. With the way they are playing now, they may contend for a lower playoff seed in the West making them a more viable destination for a star player.

I think they are seriously thinking of resigning Randle, he will be a restricted free agent (instead of trading him). And there is no need to trade Clarkson now since he is already under contract for at least 2 more seasons. As for playoffs, we most likely don't have a chance. Myself rather keep those 2 instead of getting 2 low 1st round picks in return.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think they are seriously thinking of resigning Randle, he will be a restricted free agent (instead of trading him). And there is no need to trade Clarkson now since he is already under contract for at least 2 more seasons. As for playoffs, we most likely don't have a chance. Myself rather keep those 2 instead of getting 2 low 1st round picks in return.
This year no. Next year with growth from the younger players a lower seed could be possible

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Plus it gives the Lakers FO more time to see what kind of players some of these youngins will become. If Lakers get very lucky with their development they might not need that much more talent via FA. I'd like to see the Lakers resign Randle if the price is right.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Plus it gives the Lakers FO more time to see what kind of players some of these youngins will become. If Lakers get very lucky with their development they might not need that much more talent via FA. I'd like to see the Lakers resign Randle if the price is right.
Also gives them more time to figure out the most efficient was to deal with Dengs contract

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
What little interest I had in this basketball ball season died last night, or at least will be pulled off life support once the trade deadline passes. Wake me up when the draft lottery starts.

We literally need to move every asset in order to tank...

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
And the Knicks begin by dealing Hernangomez to Charlotte for 2 second rounds.
-I guess I'm fine with that yield, they will be decent picks and we didn't have second round picks in 2020 and 2021, and as I have said before, Hernangomez just wasn't a good fit. He's a horrible perimeter defender and doesn't offer much as a rim protector. He's a good rebounder, and decent scorer down low, but the NBA is moving or has moved past those type of bigs. Not sure why Charlotte wanted him, maybe because Cody Zeller is about to be dealt and Frank Kaminsky's minutes will end up dropping, but 2 seconds is fine by me.

Still need to see Kyle O'Quinn moved, he has far more value, than Hernangomez. Nothing like a lottery pick, but an extremely late first rounder from a team should be it.

And Porzingis' injury changes my mind on Courtney Lee, deal him and deal him now. He has 2 years at a decent price and he's having a career year. Not to mention, he was already considered a good 3 and D player. Not sure to who, but we *should* be able to get a decent first rounder for him. Obviously tons of protections, like 1-14, maybe even 1-18 or so, but he should net us something good.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And the Knicks begin by dealing Hernangomez to Charlotte for 2 second rounds.
-I guess I'm fine with that yield, they will be decent picks and we didn't have second round picks in 2020 and 2021, and as I have said before, Hernangomez just wasn't a good fit. He's a horrible perimeter defender and doesn't offer much as a rim protector. He's a good rebounder, and decent scorer down low, but the NBA is moving or has moved past those type of bigs. Not sure why Charlotte wanted him, maybe because Cody Zeller is about to be dealt and Frank Kaminsky's minutes will end up dropping, but 2 seconds is fine by me.

Still need to see Kyle O'Quinn moved, he has far more value, than Hernangomez. Nothing like a lottery pick, but an extremely late first rounder from a team should be it.

And Porzingis' injury changes my mind on Courtney Lee, deal him and deal him now. He has 2 years at a decent price and he's having a career year. Not to mention, he was already considered a good 3 and D player. Not sure to who, but we *should* be able to get a decent first rounder for him. Obviously tons of protections, like 1-14, maybe even 1-18 or so, but he should net us something good.
I think the bright side of the Porzingis injury is that it should get you guys a top 4 pick and the ability to combine him with another franchise level player.