2017 NCAA Football thread

mmohican29

Reaction score
"Miami is light years better than Notre Dame"

"what a joke LOL" @ both ur posts
So what are you saying?

That Miami is not better than ND?

Not sure how anyone could draw that conclusion.

And the exact situation I posted (Miami finishing unbeaten and potentially losing to Clemson and still making the CFP) may happen now that they are #2 in the CFP rank.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Nice to see Miami get exposed. They are horrible on the road. Today was only their 4th road game and it could've been their 3rd loss.

Funny thing is that I don't think today's loss hurts them too much. They probably had to beat Clemson to go to the playoffs. Now they still need to beat Clemson and get some help, but I don't think they need anything ridiculous to happen. Just a Wisconsin or OU loss.... (I am not saying I think they will beat Clemson, just throwing around some possibilities).

Carson

Reaction score
Nice to see Miami get exposed. They are horrible on the road. Today was only their 4th road game and it could've been their 3rd loss.

Funny thing is that I don't think today's loss hurts them too much. They probably had to beat Clemson to go to the playoffs. Now they still need to beat Clemson and get some help, but I don't think they need anything ridiculous to happen. Just a Wisconsin or OU loss.... (I am not saying I think they will beat Clemson, just throwing around some possibilities).

I could be wrong, but I don’t see Clemson losing this game.

Their loss was mainly because Bryant was hurt. Now ... any given game any team can lose. I just see Clemson is the more talented squad. (Trying not to be biased I’m a Clemson fan in tiger country) With that being said, if Miami is going to win this game, they will be more hungry and have a better chance to beat Clemson after todays Loss

DFWJC

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I don’t see Clemson losing this game.

Their loss was mainly because Bryant was hurt. Now ... any given game any team can lose. I just see Clemson is the more talented squad. (Trying not to be biased I’m a Clemson fan in tiger country) With that being said, if Miami is going to win this game, they will be more hungry and have a better chance to beat Clemson after todays Loss
Its not out of the question that Clemson loses at rival South Carolina this week.
Sure hope not, but it really could happen.

In any case,the Miami loss at Pitt means one ACC team.

StylisticS

Reaction score
If Herman doesn't change OC's in the offseason, he will last at Texas as long as Strong did. There is no way Ehlinger should have passed the ball 47 times. You beat WVU last week with great defense and running the football. Why change that?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Its not out of the question that Clemson loses at rival South Carolina this week.
Sure hope not, but it really could happen.

In any case,the Miami loss at Pitt means one ACC team.
And really, there's now a wcenario for no ACC teams (sure hope not)

But if Clemson loses to SCarolina and beats Miami, they both have two loses and could get left out.

Robbieac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
College football is awesome. Sooooo much better than the NFL...

Its refreshing to watch football games that are only about football games.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Does Alabama miss the playoffs if Oklahoma and Wisconsin win out? That would be kinda funny.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Does Alabama miss the playoffs if Oklahoma and Wisconsin win out? That would be kinda funny.
Yes

My guess is that only two conferences have quaranteed reps
1). Clemson/Miami winner is in
2) Georgia/Auburn winner is in

Then the other two spots depend on a few variables
--if Oklahoma wins they're in
-- if Wisconsin wins, they're in
--if either OU or Wisconsin loses, then Alabama is in
-- if both OU and Wisconsin lose, then that final spot gets real crazy...probably goes to Ohio State, but who knows

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Tired of Paul Johnson 1920's offense.

Been keeping an eye on the local FAU team. Kiffin actually has done a good job. Curious how long he stays in Boca

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched the first minute of the OU/WVU game... That's all I needed.

Our starting QB went out early in the game last week.

Knew we would lose. Lucky to win even if he had started.

However at the very least I give our HC some credit for changing things up since he know out main back up QB was not that good.

Brought in McCoy to play some wild card against Oklahoma and they really did put up a lot of yards (387) on Oklahoma and had decent TOP (35:12) but kept making too many bone headed mistakes.

Oklahoma's offense is legit.

HOWEVER...if they play another powerful offense in the playoffs with a team that has a stout Defense...I think they lose.

kev8822

Reaction score
Yes

My guess is that only two conferences have quaranteed reps
1). Clemson/Miami winner is in
2) Georgia/Auburn winner is in

Then the other two spots depend on a few variables
--if Oklahoma wins they're in
-- if Wisconsin wins, they're in
--if either OU or Wisconsin loses, then Alabama is in
-- if both OU and Wisconsin lose, then that final spot gets real crazy...probably goes to Ohio State, but who knows
Talking heads on ESPN and Sirius/XM already are saying there is a good chance if OSU beats Wisconsin they get in over Bama. Bama's SOS is awful. Ole Miss likely knocked Miss St out of the top 25. They would have 1 win over a top 25 team. I think they probably are a top 4 team in the country too. It will take a few more years of crazy stuff like this before it goes to 8 teams. 5 conference winners, 1 top group of 6, and 2 at large. That way a Bama team doesn't potentially get left out, because FSU sucked this year.

Ghost12

Reaction score
IMHO, yes. Seriously.... you can't leave out an unbeaten Wisconsin, and OU certainly won't drop out of the top-4 if they beat TCU. Throw in the ACCCCG and SECCCG winners and there's your 4.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Talking heads on ESPN and Sirius/XM already are saying there is a good chance if OSU beats Wisconsin they get in over Bama. Bama's SOS is awful.
I found it funny how their SOS got a lot better this past weekend. I follow Sagarin for sh*ts and grins and cannot for the life of me understand why he still has Alabama at #1.

Prior to this weekend, their SOS was something like #67 in the country. After this weekend, it improved to #54. But should they really get credit for that given that, ya know, they lost the game??
Ole Miss likely knocked Miss St out of the top 25. They would have 1 win over a top 25 team. I think they probably are a top 4 team in the country too. It will take a few more years of crazy stuff like this before it goes to 8 teams. 5 conference winners, 1 top group of 6, and 2 at large. That way a Bama team doesn't potentially get left out, because FSU sucked this year.
I agree. If Alabama was named anything beside "Alabama" they would already be eliminated.

diefree666

Reaction score
I just want Alabama to be OUT of the playoffs. To me the top teams are Clemson, GA, Ok and Wisconsin.